User Tag List

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Got a call last night from the clinic that something was wonky with my bloodwork. I asked whether it could be that silly infection that keeps coming back uninvited. They weren't sure but wanted me back in to play pincushion this morning. When I got there, I was greeted with "You were right, Dr A, the infection is back". As much as like saying I told you so, I'm starting to get sick of this darn thing. On the plus side, I got some happy pills (well, antibiotics will make me very happy if they kill the darn infection), so the energy level should get back up to normal soon (and here I just thought I'd been overdoing it and that's why I was tired).

Still haven't put up my trees. My helpers are claiming to be too tired to do anything (except when I propose either playtime or a snack). So, better get back to whipping this place into shape (at least I managed to do a thorough vacuuming yesterday, now to get my kitchen in shape). Supposed to have company the next few days so we'll be busy. Well, I'll be busy doing things while the brats entertain (aka beg for treats).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Managed to stay up past my bedtime last night, have a lot of cleaning up to do later today (hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and turn me into the Energizer bunny - I wish!). Unfortunately, it was raining yesterday, so our company didn't get the full impact of the pretty lights at the market. On the plus side, no real crowds to prevent us from browsing each kiosk. And all the restaurants were packed mid-week - I'm sooo happy for them! The guys and gals who work there are great & need all the hours they can get.

Needless to say the brats were thrilled to have a houseguest - the probability of getting treats for being cute made them both quite giddy.

Off to take my happy pills.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    It is my last day YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes I had to tell myself this to get myself out of bed this morning.

ThriftyGranny - Yes I am going to Hawaii but in February, we will be going over the Universities reading week since my Sis is still in school as is my Bro's GF who is also coming with us.

Avon - I would love to say No Laptop but actually right now it is kind of saving me a bit, we have a ton of Updates to be done for the 1st of January so instead of needing to stay to get them all done tonight I can do a little bit each day over Holidays. I promise to limit my work time as I have to clean my house.

Have a few picks up arranged of people who want to buy stuff out of my stockpile I cannot use due to my allergies acting up (pretty sure I could use it now as my allergic skin seems to be under control, but I am scared to try, so I am going to stick with what I know does not bother my skin to be safe). It will only be about $10 but it is a good start to our shelf fund for the basement. Sometime over my Shut Down we will go to the ReStore and see what they have and if there are any good deals to be found so we can organize out basement on a budget. Other option would be Ikea but would cost many $$$ we do not have.

Hope everyone has a great day, off to see how much I can get done and see what will need to be packed up and taken home with me.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

I know that all of you will be busy, as usual, so just popping in with a HI!

Just going to get pork stew going in the crockpot - got to get at chopping all the veggies!
    Our son is coming over, so I wanted to make something hearty - and that would make a big batch so he could have food to take home. Plus, anytime I make anything with veg, I make a big bag of cleaned ones for him to take as well. He's actually VERY good at getting veggies and using them to cook and munch on, of that I'm very grateful!

Take care of yourselves today!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My 2 mother(my marraine) just went to bring me a Huge Bascket of Christmas Goodies consisting of 1 big tourtière,1 big chicken pie,1 little Masson jar of Pumpkin Jam,1 big Masson Jar of Homemade Fruits Ketchup,1 big fruits cake with 9 varieties of nuts,2 little meat turnover and 1 Christmas container of Homemade ''Sucre a la Creme'' retail value at least 50$ ..But the most important and no price it is made with love and someone think of me with this devastating year of losting my brother..The pain and the sadness is so hard to live...She offer to go with me for lunch too...but I was not in the mood..still do panicking crisis...that is hard too...Welll...there will be others times I guess...I will make décorations with candy for the Masson Pot After She made big batch of cooking and freeze those.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also got for another aunt 4 middle Masson jars of Homemade Fruits Ketchup,already eated, 1 middle Masson Jar of Beteraves,1 middle Masson Jar of Pickles and 1big Masson Jar of Spaghetti Homemade sauce.My aunts love to cook and guessed right I am not in a Christmas mood to cook.And 3 Christmas invitation...I just hope my crisis of panicking will go down.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wish you all a great day!!!! Not sunny in here and a little bit of snow.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Not much going on here today. Hubby went away with his db this morning so I`m enjoying some much needed alone time.
    Tomorrow we go for our massages and then out for our pre Christmas lunch with friends at the Chinese buffet.

TG I hope you`re starting to feel better. Having the flu is awful.

Ashley Enjoy your time off. Don`t spend all of it working.

Andit Glad you got some happy pills. Hope they make you feel better.

Nat So nice that Milan is coming for dinner and that you make enough to send home with him.
    How is the sore back coming along?

Good to see you back cath. So nice of your aunts to give you the food baskets.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, Dec 18th, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a great day. Was a busy day off work yesterday but I'm not feeling as stressed now about getting it all done (Christmas) We put up our real tree finally yesterday (procrastination works, saved $10 plus HST, they marked it down yesterday afternoon ) Sorted the gifts and wrapped most of it. And know what I want to grab on the weekend Did some baking (DS was to bring in sweets to his English class today so we made brownies and macaroons) Have lots left for the freezer if we don't eat them lol. We had a nice dinner last night - Bbq'd steak (free from my Shoppers redemption a few weeks ago) Baked potato and broccoli (.99 at Food Basics) Took laundry to the Laundromat and dried at home last night. Just have to put it away tonight. Will post a bunch of things for sale tonight too. And start tidying the diningroom/house. Not sure dinner plans yet but will figure it out. It may be a treat of take-out since it is a busy time of year and need to get things done and not be stuck in the kitchen all night.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey all well I feel rested today -still wake up early 5.30
    - baked -nancy I made your shortbead recipe turned out nice (mind you last batch got a little dark -son called frustrated with "ashlyn"she will not eat her lunch must be her teeth-so I was talking and missed puling them out of oven oh well
    -plus I made a ice box walnut cookie which has to remain in fridge overnight before cooking

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think I have figured out which desserts I am going to take to Dad's this year (I always bake the desserts), we have a number of dietary needs in our family so I have been going around asking people what they can't or won't eat. Seems like most are dumping their diets for the day YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me happy. Only issue I am having is all three of my main desserts (I take goody trays and proper desserts) have a cream cheese base. Hopefully all will like, and we will see if maybe I find something not cream cheese based.

Counting down until home time, cannot wait for 4 to roll around.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tomorrow can not come soon enough.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just can't wait to get home tonight and get some things done. Thursday night is like the new Friday night lol. I have my list in my head started. Feed kids. Load dishwasher and have it ready to run at 7pm. Wash dishes that can't go in dishwaster and let air dry on counter. Grab load in dryer and fold. Bring all laundry upstairs and put away........

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

quite a day here.
    the project i thought would be done today. is put off for another day. granted good reason.
    WARNING--- this may be graphic for some.

Name:  thumb 005.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  31.6 KB

thankfully he's ok. he's got a big old bandaged thumb now. we'll find out tomorrow if we need to worry more, as it possibly went into the bone. not fun. i swear he doesn't want to do this project. LOL
    Andit and Ciel like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Oh my gosh Mrs S your poor DH Does he need to get a tetnus shot???!!!

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information