User Tag List

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep got one of those and some anti's bobbiegirl.
    he's not happy he can't drink for a few days. but worth it considering.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who have holidays...

My daycare families (for the most part) do not take holidays so school breaks are my busy time: 2 fulltime kids (1 year old and 2 year old) + 3 school age kids + my own 2 girls. Keeping 5 school age kids and 2 little ones entertained for 10+ hours a day is draining And the real bummer is that I don't get paid for stat days so the extra money I make for watching school age kids for full day vs before/afterschool doesn't even cover the lost wages for Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thriftygranny take care of yourself
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

cath cherish your aunts (family)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. hope your dh is okay

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl have a wonderful Christmas with your family

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley enjoy your time off my dear, it's well deserved with all those long hours.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady enjoy your massage tomorrow

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well at least I was able to get dressed and put a bit of make up on this morning, thought I was feeling so much better.Got one load of laundry on and unloaded the dishwahser and the room started spinning, back to bed i went to a few hours. I'm so glad Jayden got this flu first so I know my symptoms are the same as his otherwise I would be really worried with the dizziness being related to my heart issues.
    Well at least it has been a frugal week not being able to go out and shop!!I am the worst at picking up last minute things for stockings etc when I don't really need them.
    Have a relaxing evening everyone!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

MrsS Hope your dh is ok

TG take care of yourself. Don`t try to do too much.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Dear Mrs. Sunshine! So sorry to hear and see what happened to your hubby!
    Not a good day for husbands! My DH has been getting dizzy so we went to the Dr today. She concluded that it was a disturbance in his circular canals in his inner ear. There is a physio move which can set it right. She performed it on him and he felt much better. She suggested that I drive. As he was walking across the parking lot, he got incredibly dizzy and took a fall. He smacked up his elbow and wrenched his side. He's in a lot of pain. They decided that he didn't crack a rib but even if he did, they don't do anything except give you pain meds which he has. So, more appreciating the inside of our house! Yahoo! Gah!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh Dear Mrs. Sunshine! So sorry to hear and see what happened to your hubby!
    Not a good day for husbands! My DH has been getting dizzy so we went to the Dr today. She concluded that it was a disturbance in his circular canals in his inner ear. There is a physio move which can set it right. She performed it on him and he felt much better. She suggested that I drive. As he was walking across the parking lot, he got incredibly dizzy and took a fall. He smacked up his elbow and wrenched his side. He's in a lot of pain. They decided that he didn't crack a rib but even if he did, they don't do anything except give you pain meds which he has. So, more appreciating the inside of our house! Yahoo! Gah!
    Well for heaven's sake you two are having a go as well. I have learned a valuable Christmas lesson this year being sick, I have decided it will be less perfect forever after this year! It isn't worth trying to kill yourself to get things done.i baked half as much as usual and bought way less gifts and I have scaled my Christmas eve and dinner down to simple but delicious. i hauled out the ironing board tonight because I thought sitting and ironing 20 linen napkins would be a task I could handle, my husband came upstairs and told me to put it away and we will be using paper this year!! Will be a first for me but he said he would go pick up some "nice" ones for me!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes TG I think you are right-Xmas can easily be simplified! Husbands and children can help prep the meal too! We also use paper napkins here! Sorry to hear of people's ongoing health issues and husband injuries-hope all are feeling better soon.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Dec 19th, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    MrsS hope your DH is ok

TG hope you feel better

Avon hope your husband feels better

I am officially off, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have our Christmas lunch at Noon today at a local resort, will be going early to help set up and hand out presents. We have TON of new hires at almost all locations so there is going to be a really a lot of I am sorry but what is your name going on, I tried to do a crash course in names yesterday but we have so many new people it is going to be hard to keep straight.

I was joking around with the girls yesterday saying all week I did not want to get up but bet you tomorrow 5 am I am wide awake and ready to start my day, sure enough I was up at 5 but managed to go back to sleep till 6. Funny how the body works days you cannot sleep in, it is all you want and when you can sleep in your wide awake early.

Think I am going to get a bit of my paperwork for work out of the way, depending how long it takes it I might try to get a little cleaning done before I have to get ready. I think we are going out when I get home from the lunch, Mom is meeting a friend for dinner and asked me if I wanted to go and than we can whip into Wal-Mart afterwards as Mom realized a few things she forgot and has to have before Christmas. As well I need to find clear plastic Shot glasses for two of my deserts, I prefer to have as much plated and ready to go as I can so we just put on a tray and everyone can grab what they like so I am going to plate my cheese cakes in shot glasses.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Woke up extra early thinking today was Sunday. Methinks the antibiotics are making me a bit loopy. Oh well, as long as they work (I can tell it's starting, I have a teeny bit more energy than I've had in a while) and I'm awake enough to realize just how many breakfasts the brats have had (they're up to their third round of "We're starving, we haven't eaten in minutes, er, hours, er, days!").

This morning will be spent trying to organize and put away the things I hid in nooks and crannies when I had company over - oh the joys of living in an open-concept home and not having doors to close to hide messes.

Better try to catch up while I can, before the brats insist I get to work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information