User Tag List

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-look what I woke up -stuffed with a head cold(at least my sore throat is not that bad)hot lemon and honey really works lets hope I am feelingbetter by Friday when I have a big xmas meal on boxing day
    -oh well I did a load of laundry
    went to visit hubby's sister yesterday-i gave her 20.00 and lotion and facecloths and tea towels -she Is on disability and for sure she needs the cash-and that is one reason I try to give the food bank-she uses it -I also took her down a few cereal and toilet paper(that is hard to carry the bus)just a bit to help her out this time of year
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 23rd, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Today is D-Day for me. The cataract surgery is set for 1:45pm at a clinic (not sick enough to be done in hospital ). I'll be playing pirate for Xmas, so likely won't be able to post til the New Year.

On that note, Merry Christmas, everyone. And here's hoping 2015 is the best year ever for all of us.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Andit, good luck, I hope it all goes well. I hope it is just one eye for heaven's sake.Merry Christmas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Sunday I redeemed some FPCs that will be expiring at the end of the month.
    FPC Mann's - used on veggie and dip platter - took to the school's potluck yesterday. I brought home 1/2 the un-eaten platter.
    FPC Green Giant frozen veggies - used on frozen broccoli
    FPC any ED Smith product - used on jar of raspberry jam with 50% more fruit.

It was nice. The coupons dropped my bill by just over 50%.

On Sunday I baked orange cranberry muffins. While I was chopping up the fresh cranberries LO asked for one. I was surprised to watch him eat 4 of them. I also baked a different variety of cookies. Banana oatmeal chocolate chip and dried cranberry cookies. LO liked both.

Depending on how I feel this afternoon I might try to start some Christmas baking. We have no plans for Christmas this year. Last year a friend invited us over to their house for Christmas. She made a really nice Ukrainian supper.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good day all.
    awaiting one delivery of a xmas prezzie. will be meeting to pickup another tonite.
    need to go pick up some fabric paint as well to finish a gift. going to be using the remainder of a gc i received as a prize.
    so OOP $0.
    were only expecting rain here for xmas.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finishing some stuff today at work, decided to come in since it would be quiet here. Then tonight I will grab the last item I need and wrap the remaining stuff tonight so it is done! I redeemed $50 in PC points last night for $50 in PC Gift Certificates since I wanted to stock up on coffee and they have 1000 bonus pc pts so this way I will get the bonus pts and get to benefit from my points. Still have $240 PC pts on my MC and will leave them for awhile. Have $100 I think on my other PC pts card. January I am really going to shop light and use up what we have, clean the cupboards/freezer etc. So my Grocery budget will push forward. Next year we are concentrating on getting rid of junk so won't be buying to much to bring back into the home.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Better late than never, I started my baking last night, and will continue soon. Just doing the rounds on here as I have breakfast and finish my coffee.

My husband is off work tomorrow, which is very nice since he usually works the day - which often makes it hard since we do celebrate Christmas Eve.
    With his company, they always use holiday days to get off between Christmas and New Year's - and then he'll also be off til Jan. 10 because he had to use up holiday days! So very awesome - for both of us!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

If any of you have Keurigs, there's a recall

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397061-...a/#post6191181

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just got back from the grocery store( too lazy yesterday!). Seemed the prices were very good-.85 per lb for Grade A turkey and .58 per lb for brussel sprouts. All I know is I seemed to get quite a bit for $73. Just have to pick up some wine to serve with dinner and wash the car. DD is planning to go to zoo lights with her friends tonight. Tomorrow evening will be stocking opening and fondue at my sisters and then the big day at our house.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit good luck with your surgery my dear
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl hope you feel better, hun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Natalka enjoy your 2 week weeks with your dh being off.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

While dh is getting his massage today I am meeting someone for a pick up for an item I sold, then dh needs to get his prescriptions while I run into the grocery store, then we both need to pick up a few things, we're both very late this year. 2 of the presents I ordered for dh are on back order so it sucks as he will only have 1 actual present to open, I wrapped a 2nd box with a picture of 1 of the items on back order but may pick up a 3rd small item so that he acutally has some gifts...it seems everything I ordered online in early December is on back order, kinda of weird but lesson learned to order sooner rather than later.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bread deal! Decided yesterday that tonight's dinner would be homemade burgers on the bbq since it will be turkey for days after tonight. So have everything on hand but buns. We stopped at a $ store (NOT Dollarama) Think it's called Dollar Tree? and they had Dempters/Villigio grain breads, sausage and hamburger bun packs for $1.25 EACH!!!! So happy! Hope they continue to carry these products.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    If any of you have Keurigs, there's a recall

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397061-...a/#post6191181
    I bought my husband one of these two years ago. Thanks for the info.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information