User Tag List

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ohh gees now hubby is sick -guess I gave it to him -I even slept in the spair room
    avoncallingu, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took ds to outside free rink to play hockey. treated boys to Dairy Queen for dinner. Then off to the movies. To see Annie lol. Meeting a friend and her son. Both boys want to see it lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

geez where did December go

Taking name suggestions until 7pm Eastern time December 30th so post away.....

here are the names so far
    January's Sweet Savers - Natalka

Just chilling in January - Mrs. S

Jack Frost January Savers - CouponingQueen
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl hope your dh feels better soon and you too

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=Angela273;6199494]Well I have only told a couple of people at this point, but we are expecting baby #2. Baby is due August 24th. I've been sick the entire time. Haven't thrown up yet, but my stomach doesn't agree with me most of the day. I was sick with LO the entire pregnancy, so I'm not surprised. Happy Holidays![/QUOTE

Congratulations! Angela! What wonderful news! I guess you and Princess Kate have something in common! Not something that you'd like to share (the morning/all day sickness) - but both pregnant with your second children! That's wonderful!

As of today, I'm a great aunt! My dh's nephew and his wife had a baby boy early this morning! Another Capricorn in the family!
    Natalka, Angela273, Insane and 5 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

congrats Avon. thats great news. a new little one for you to enjoy squishies.

our dinner was 'lovely' despite the family drama. then went to the park to watch the kids skate and see the lights.
    now watching the movie corner gas.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat - what a lovely floral arrangement your wonderful son gave you! After seeing wonderful spread you put out for Christmas, I bet your dh "fattens-up" with your care!!!!

lizzie bargain - hope your dh is feeling well - everyone seems to be talking about sore throats and sickness - must be going around - that Christmas meal sounded wonderful!

Ciel - Thanks for the "heads -up" about the CIBC calendar! I hope our branches still have them. I got a free Telus one and and a free Canadian Wildlife one and also one from the OSPCA - but I slip these into stockings for family. So we need one.

Frugalmoma - I'm surprised you don't have hockey tournaments during the holidays! Lots of people taking family to the movies! My db and his crew are going to see "Night at the Museum 3" and dh's daughter and her family went to see it in Denver on Christmas eve.

thriftygranny - I hear you about purging Christmas. In fact, I'm still DECORATING for Christmas - so I can see what we can realistically use and the rest goes O-U-T. We haven't decorated very much for the last couple of years and now we've moved - so I've really lost track of all the CHRISTMAS STUFF we have!

J&C - good luck with the rebate from Walmart! I hope that works out -$30 is a significant amount!

coupon girl - wow - that "bug" is really making it's way around your house! Hope everyone is better soon! I love to hear that you got a leather purse. I actually WON a certificate for a leather purse a few years ago at a fair. I still love it. (it feels and smells so good.)

Sunshine - good luck with the decisions you are making with your dh!

We hosted my local db for supper tonight and he got to open his Xmas gifts. That was fun - we watched a couple of editions of Newsroom. I never watched it while it was on and now I like it a lot - may have to keep an eye open for it on sale on Amazon. (I have some swagbucks to spend.)

Tuesday dh's sister and her beau are coming to town to exchange gifts with us and see her mother. She suggested they come HERE for supper. But dh likes to do the cooking and we are hosting db and my friend from Cambridge here on Wednesday night for New Year's Eve. So he suggested we go OUT for supper with his sister. - Good idea. He's finding these "projects" that he likes to take on are really taking a lot out of him.

Dh's son, the world traveller (he went to the Olympics in Soci last year for ex.) is flying up from Denver to see the World Junior Hockey US vs Canada game on New Year's Eve. His homeward trip gives him a few hours in Detroit, so we're going to go there and stay overnight and meet him for breakfast and hugs!

I have to go to London Friday night for a sleep study. So - 8:00pm I check in and I had to buy some PJs (I use nightdresses which are not acceptable) - then they kick you out at about 6:00 am. ( Yeah - good luck with THAT guys!) I'll be the one snoozing on the front lawn of the clinic in a new pair of jammies and those round sticky things stuck all over me with a sign that says DO NOT DISTURB - wake-up call at 10:00 please!

Well, good night everyone! Have luck with your "end of the year" traditions.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Are you looking to make laundry soap? You ca make it with baking soda, washing soda and borax( walmart and independent) if you want the smell you can add essential oils. Or even better and easier is to use dr bronner (spelling) soap, it is expensive but you dilute 2 tsp in an old laundry detergent bottle and use about 1/2 a capful. ( independent in the health isle) it goes a long way and comes in smells or plain.
    For cleaning bathrooms baking soda, washing soda and borax as a scrub then rinse with vinegar gets rid of soap scum and hard water easily.

Chatelaine magaine had reciepe for a mix, have to look it up for a cleaning spray, murphy oil soap ( shoppers or hhardware) maybe vinegar and water?

the microfiber clothes do a great job on stainless steel taps, mirrors and such, with just water, no chemicals, got them from a canadian company, free shipping, have to look that up for you.

If you are on a septic you dont want to use commercial powder anything (laundry, dishwasher) as it contains fillers of stuff that doesnt dissolve and just sits in the septic!

hope that helps, can look up the recipes if you want!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I guess I should get up and get some things done. Have a few pick ups today which is nice. Cleaning DS's room since we are moving him into a bigger room. Already sold his bed frame lol. Went through his book shelf and I have another pile to sell. Never ending. Next is his closet which needs major purging! Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

up early and posting items away. hubby tried to argue. i just looked at him and he was like. ok i'll shut up.
    the 'mood' just isn't in our house anymore for xmas like it used to be. im tired of trying to do it all.
    so its all going. ya i'll probably regret it. but at least i dont' have to put it away.
    having the extra $ will be nice.
    can't wait to get my house back to normal. *yes i do remember stating back in November that was i going to decorate*.
    you all know what to do with me next year eh.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Avon congratulations on the new baby in the family. Sounds like your Christmas visiting is in full swing!! Glad you are still able to see people after changing your Christmas day plans.
    Good luck with the sleep study, hopefully you don't need a CRAP machine, they are expensive, my husband and I both have to have one and they were each about $3000.00, which Blue Cross coverage only paid about 800.00. It makes a huge difference on our sleep though, I was almost falling asleep at work every afternoon and now I am rested.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thriftgranny, caught your posting bug.
    already sold both my trees PPU. one isn't even down yet.
    i'll get er done though.
    hubby came in from church and went. whoa where's the tree. already down and boxed. feels so open now.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I told my mom's household last night about my pregnancy. So mom texted back later in the evening and said that they were coming to visit from Sunday-Tuesday. So today is dh's birthday and we spent time cleaning this morning for the 5 guests that are soon going to arrive. They know that they are welcome, but I hoped for more notice. I figured they would come to visit when they found out. Last time either of my parents came to visit was when I was pregnant with LO, 2.5yrs ago. *shrug* Hopefully it is a nice visit.

edit: I should point out that they drove down from Saskatoon, 5hrs away.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 28th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

so pleased WM refunded $33.90 for Jaden's tv...just goes to show there's no harm in asking...yippee....he will be putting that money towards a tv mount.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a roast in the oven. Will serve with mini roasted potatoes, fresh forget beans and ceaser salad. It smells so good. Even my teen is asking when will it be ready lol. Had a pick up for $14. I paid $3 for them because of SCOP and then decided we didn't need them. (Alarm clocks). And sold a DVD for $4 this morning. Should post stuff but I feel tired. And hungry!

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information