User Tag List

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. hope things turn around as December is supposed to be a magical month (hugs)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Coupon girl, your son and DL are lucky to have you for your granddaughter, I watched mine for the first year and while I was tired I wouldn't have traded that time for anything.
    Crotchetlady you may have to slow down a bit and let yourself heal, would love to see these tea towels.
    Jasper, glad your fridge is fixed but sorry about the expense, Maytags are not what they used to be for sure. Life is too short to put up with family that enjoys conflict, I wrote off a sister a few years ago and was so afraid to do and put up with so much, but I haven't looked back.I think of it this way, if she was an acquaintance I would definitely not want to be her friend so just because she is my sister I do not have to put up with her crap, and I am ok with that.
    well said about the acquaintance thing, I totally agree....I haven't spoken to 1 brother in 4 years and well he has made no attempts either and his gf is a real loon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl your son is very blessed to have such wonderful parents

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday morning a teacher cancelled a day that he had booked weeks ago. Unfortunately it is a popular date, Dec 22, and I have already turned down a few teachers. I already know that one of those teachers has booked someone else. A teacher from today's school booked me for Monday morning. I have 7.6 days booked this month. I am hoping to pick up even more days of work. I'm teaching 1hr away tomorrow, so I will be on the road by 7am to make sure that I arrive safely and with enough time. Tonight we had roast chicken thighs, chopped potatoes with onion, boiled veggies with a glass of milk. I was quite surprised when LO decided to sit in my lap and eat nearly 2 entire chicken thighs plus some of my boiled veggies. He essentially quit eating chicken months ago, when he decided that he didn't like it anymore. He is also coming down with something. He has a dry cough and his voice is a little off, our daycare lady said that his voice was pretty bad after today's nap.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

MrsS Will pray that whatever issues are get resolved.

Coupon girl I agree...your son and DIL are very lucky to have you looking after Ashlyn.

I`m starting the order tonight. After I get that done I decided to take a break. I`ve been trying to figure out how to post a pic but I must be electronically challenged...can`t see anywhere to do it.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

angela sounds like your LO now has a renewed found love for chicken

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((hugs))) to everyone

Family is well how do you put this family. As some of you have seen I have made mention of cousins we do not really speak to anymore which is really sad as we used to all be so close more like siblings than cousins but quite a few years ago now something happened that changed a lot of things in our family. We had a family member come to my dad asking for help with another family member, my dad stepped in and had to make some hard choices and do something I am sure he wishes he did not. Well now a part of our family doesn't speak to rest of the family. It has gotten to the part where part of our family isn't even invited to family events like Christmas.

My days are currently insane we get to the branch around 8 am and work till 5, where I train the guys for pretty much the whole day every few hours we take a break and I usually have anywhere from 30 to 50 emails to read. When the day is done back to the hotel I come I have some dinner and than I go to my room and and try to be me for a few hours and catch up on everything I need to do in a day. But as tiring as it is I am really love it, but I really feel like a week is not enough to show these guys everything they will need. Seems like every time I turn around I am waiting down something to show them later and we are running out of later. I have also learned me and my bro have way different training style I am more of the stand with you work with you, where he is the show you once or twice walk away and let you sink or swim. He keeps telling me to leave them alone and go sit at the back desk but I find it so hard when I see them struggling, I know they need to learn it but I want to stand to there with them and if they cannot get it give them tips on how to find what they need where is he wants me to sit at the back say nothing and do not help. We will see how tomorrow goes.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Busy doing things around the house today that needed to be done. Pooped now. Sad to say but I seem to have a wonderful family (sarcasm) like some others on here. Life is to short to waste my time on some family members so I just do my best not to let them get to me.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There are times I wish I could act like Mrs. Bucket (oops, Bouquet) from Keeping Up Appearances and just rattle off my expectations to others and look dumbfounded that I'm expected to do anything. That'd be a 30 min show-not sure if it'd rate any buckets of popcorn...
    @jasperandchar -you did the good deed, were about to endure something beyond reason, yet you are freed! Worthy of some praise talk each day to show thanks for the mysterious way that it worked out for you. Next time, do your best David Spade "buh-BYE" when your elder needs an audience by phone. So the one brother is on the outs with Mom? Let that matter rest until after Christmas.
    @Crochetlady -yes, a break sounds like what you need from all the work that the ordermaker has been making you hopscotch on demand. Can say Xmas towels are done for the year; next themed work will be out by Family Day (mid-Feb) for example. A change in routine is good and you'll be glad not to be dancing to another's tune.
    @CouponingQueen -I marvel at all the new things you are doing! How do you like the taste of green smoothies?
    @lizzie bargain-you don't look fazed by two babies! How are the older twins adapting to younger twins-keen on helping you out or seeking more attention from you? I bet they are hearing stories about how they were that small...
    @thriftygranny -backbone on invitations sorted out the latecomers! Inspiration for @Midnightly & @bargain_hunter_lola -they can invite the ones who RSVP for the special parties and the non-RSVPers can swing by for a punch & cookie visit on a playdate.
    @SassyAshley -is brother present during training or just telling you stuff when you have your break/lunch together? He needs to let you do your thing that your father trusted you to deliver to the staff. Do you sense a need for notes to be taken by staff or for tackling the "do later things" in the morning with the team?
    @Andit -two recent losses plus remembering your father's passing have asked much of your emotional reserves and sleep lately. Make sure you always do breakfast no matter when that is and let the day unfold. Prayers, thoughts and hugs for you.
    @MrsSunshine -you really care about your sister. Can you do something for your sister by mail or phone? Her news is still settling in but at the same time, your mother kept you informed and you'd not have it any other way. Prayers, thoughts and hugs for you as well.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow! We've only had 3 days in Dec. and 9 pages to read! It seems like the stress of the season is getting a lot of us down - either our health or our interactions. BE KIND TO YOURSELVES! (And here I am at 2:00 am unable to sleep) I'm pecking away at getting ready for Christmas but the house seems SO DISORGANIZED as I get interrupted half-way through things.
    I'm trying to do something "nice" each day of advent. This week is for "Hope". So I've made a few (small) donations to "meaningful" charities in lieu of giving gifts to friends this year. DH and I managed to get a very nice lunch out at a local restaurant that features a luncheon special, although, come to think of it, neither of us ordered the special! Ha!
    I pass along my hope that each of the trying things that are causing stress for you all just "melts away".
    I did some ushering at a local community theatre today. Acting as an usher gets me "free" entertainment and I enjoy seeing the few people I know who attend the various events.
    Our church is having a new "mission and outreach" event. - Which I think is a little weird but creative - Throw a "sock-ball" at the minister. (He's a young man with a good heart and sense of humour and is always nudging us towards new ways to show our ability to help others.) The socks, will, of course be donated to charities such as the Women's Shelter and Salvation Army. I think I will just "roll" my contribution. I don't really like "throwing" things.
    I have thought of a new thing to do with "orphan socks". My mil had to have her leg amputated above the knee last year. I am donating various coloured socks to her and other members of her nursing home who only need one sock.
    Wishing you all a good week and growing health and healing for those who need it!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Great idea about the orphaned socks. I buy all the same colour and that way if one goes missing or gets a hole in it I just toss it and keep the other one.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I couldn't sleep this morning so I put a load of laundry in, made a cup of tea and watched a bunny in our backyard eating under our bird feeder for awhile. So quiet and peaceful outside.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

bff is still in rough shape, keeps hearing things, turns but Gracie isn't there. I spent yesterday looking for critters needing homes. Gracie helped D get over the last pet, some life is needed in the house. I was impressed that both the vet who was there when Gracie died and the vet who referred him, both called D yesterday. Neither knew of a critter needing a home at this point, but they did have some ideas. I did find one little one in need of a home, I really really hope things work out, although the little one looks eerily like Gracie. Hoping that's a sign and it's meant to be.

I'm off to the hospital soon for some pre-op stuff. I'll have to wake the brats so I can get going, otherwise I'll hear howls of protest when I come home that they're starving. Well, they'll try that line of guilt-tripping anyway.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-the older boys are loving the little ones and even helped me feed them. But of course they are still adjusting to having less attention.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-don't feel like going to mall -want to work on tree
    -just made a basket up for my hairdresser-spent 20.00 on it Inside body lotion,3 pairs of socks,loofasponge, st.ives body crème hand lotion,bar of natural soap, ligloss set,avon showergel,and powder(got at a garage sale in summer new for only 1.99 each),airwick candle large bubble one plus foot lotion a chocolate scop with jellybeans In it( 1.50 when metro was closing)all wrapped up in cellophane with a nice ribbon and bow

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information