User Tag List

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -ahh lizzie the babies are so sweet-enjoy them
    -well dragged the tree out -doing laundry-dyed my hair-dishes too -I am overwelmed with all I have to do
    you will look gorgeous with your new hair decorating that tree you dragged out coupon girl....baby steps...you still have 21 days to decorate that tree....relax and enjoy the moment....everything will still be there tomorrow or the next day or the day after that
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I am glad I am not the average Canadian as I just heard on the radio that the average Canadian is over $20,000.00 in debt not including their mortgage...ouch.
    I'm surprised it's not higher , I look at my neighbours, people we know who have new cars, big houses or vastly renovated houses and their kids have everything, they are dressed to the nines, they get coffee in the mornings, buy their lunches, go out for supper very often, I'm not jealous I just wonder what I am doing wrong like Ashley said in the November thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think everyone's life/financial circumstances are different with regard to age, costs, abilities, disability, illness, wages etc. Also each person has a different idea regarding needs vs wants -this even varies between members of a couple in some cases. Many couples have both parents working while others have a parent home. We can all do our best to limit borrowing to essentials, trim our budgets where possible or necessary and earn extra if/when we are able to. It is quite possible that the person you see spending a lot could be in significant debt. I am sometimes amazed at how much some friends seem to spend on luxuries but of course it is all conjecture on my part as I really have no idea as to their earnings and budget! And they are probably saying the same about me!-lol.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi everyone,

So my fridge is fixed (new thermostat) to the tune of $227.00 I don't have but cheaper than having to buy a new one

BEWARE below is my rant on MAMA DRAMA

So I said I would never invite my folks over for Christmas given them ditching us and going to Arizona 4 years ago....never again...never ever again....well they got dis-invited from my brother's for Christmas (you can only imagine), anyways....since my mom's heart surgery the rates for insurance to travel outside of Canada are super high and they figured they wouldn't be travelling so I caved and did the Christian (not the daugherly thing) and invited them for Christmas supper but I have been really mad at myself ever since I invited them because I knew that they would ditch us again given the chance, well......guess what they leave on the 9th....my mom called this afternoon to invited me...yes me to spend the day Sunday with them.....weird....I said no I had my reasons but said why don't you come for supper on Sunday.....she wanted to give out the cards (gifts) to us before they leave....it's always everyone drop everything and accommodate them.....then she proceeds to say you know I told Roxanne (my niece - who by the way I was told to invite to my son's birthday dinner out which I did) that it was a good thing she didn't come because 1.5 hours in a restaurant for a birthday celebration was not really long enough.....sigh....she then went on about how it wasn't right that everyone went ahead and ordered their food before they got their (they were 30 minutes late)....I told her that I was getting really f*ck*ng p*issed off and was hanging up.....

I mean seriously I`m not a bad person, my son didn`t even want me to invite them to his birthday dinner because 2 years ago my dad threw a fit because you can`t make reservations for dinner on a Saturday (in the closest city) for dinner.....my dad went and stood in line in a restaurant that my son didn`t want to eat at and then was sat at a table where he ordered a drink....we told him we had a 30 minute wait at the restaurant where my son did want to eat and my goodness.....the scene he made, my son started crying, my inlaws were like *sshole, my husband and I were pissed off and ready to blow....anyways the dinner was quiet as everyone was so uncomfortable with what my dad did and how he made my son feel on his birthday.

end of rant

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hey all just checking in I'm hoping everyone has a great December!

Lately I have been wanting to eat healthier so I am drinking green smoothies, avoiding junk food, eating lots of fruits and vegetables and consuming healthy carbs.

Also trying to be a bit more productive with my days. hate to see days that go to waste. Oh, and I am also looking into making my own natural beauty products! (shampoo conditioner, hair masks, face masks, creams, mouisturizers, washes) just have to test out recipes that fit my skin and hair best.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh jasper you can rant to us -families its not easy
    -my in-laws we had them over one easter and I called it the easter from "h***"-they insulted my daughter wow was In university at the time -then my mom told my mother-in-law off for the way she treated my daughter-it went from nice o down hill -I was crying In he kitchen-hubby was standing behind me on everything his parents did
    -then another time my mother-in-law ruined a party I was having for my mom she wouldnt let my father-in-law go and he was so much fun -cause I didn't invite who she wanted she the hung up on me "you are a rude person"well I didn't talk to her for 3 months-i could never do anything right -no woman was good enough for her boys
    -in fact she only loved my son -didnt care for my daughter-it was awful
    -and that is why we only saw her once a month ( and I think my hubby would have wrote her off long ago ) but because i was raised in a loving home - l talked him into visiting her
    -I could go on and on she even told us a month before she passed"I havent been a good mother" we were jut stunned to hear it as we were leaving her apt

-and that is why i try so hard to be a nice mother-in-law to a lovely son-in-law and daughter-in-law(cause I never had one-I could tell the first time met her and she hugged me) anywho I have a wonderfull husband -he is a great ,awesome dad to our kids too-always hugging them ,listening to their problems/achievements -I am blessed
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Dec 3rd, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

You are allowed to rant. My fav Christmas (NOT) was my oldests 1st Christmas. My mother was working so I was doing Christmas dinner on my own (invited the inlaws) and the wonderful ex-sister-in-law brought the boyfriend of the month (that we were not expecting) even though she planned on dumping him the next day (she had to wait to use him for expensive Christmas presents) She sat and chatted with him in the livingroom while I tried to get dinner on the table and keep my baby happy. I don't even remember if dinner was good or not its such a blur lol She didn't help with anything. Not even dishes. I don't miss her lol

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    That stinks! But can you return it?
    I called them this morning and I can return it but they will try to get more in. I won`t be going down there for a couple weeks so she said they should know by then.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

on a positive note I made muffins after my mama drama episode and they are delish! so atleast I got some baking done and I'm feeling better dh came back early and I ranted to him and geez he was ready to call my parents but I said don't bother they will be leaving soon and we won't have to deal with them for 4 months or so (big smile)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Rant all you want Nancy. I`m not big on family. We were never close except for 1 sister. One brother moved to Australia when I was 14. Haven`t seen or heard from him since. My other two brothers took advantage of my parents financially and the oldest sister was Daddy`s girl...could do no wrong. Then there was the one I was close to and me. I always said they saw the mistakes they made with the 4 oldest and tried to correct them all with the two of us. They were super strict and we weren`t allowed to do anything.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to AnnaMae`s and Millbank Cheese this morning so they are stocked for another month. Had an early birthday lunch with friends which was nice. They gifted me with a beautiful orchid and a pair of fuzzy slippers. No excuse to have cold feet now.

Have a little rant of my own. I told them at Millbank Cheese that I would be bringing the 40 towels that were ordered in a couple weeks and they said she called this morning to see if they were there yet. She said she wanted them sometime before Christmas. If she wanted them this soon she should have given me a date to have them done by.

On a brighter note...the swelling in my tongue is starting to go down. I`m still talking funny but it is feeling better.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gee crochet lady you are not a machine
    -well tree is standing all are for now
    -maygo to mall in morning before my afternoon haircut - know what I want a few giftcards
    -son called me don't have to babysit "ashlyn" at 6.00 friday 8.00 a.m but til6.30 when he gets home -a little better in my eyes

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ups and downs in here all over the place
    may as well as you all to my prayers list.
    i know i said i wanted blessed year.. and for a wonderful 11 months i had it.. now ****e is hitting the fan and December is turning into a crappy filled month
    however im determined to stay positive. or IM going to need prayers.
    anyway have a good night.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Coupon girl, your son and DL are lucky to have you for your granddaughter, I watched mine for the first year and while I was tired I wouldn't have traded that time for anything.
    Crotchetlady you may have to slow down a bit and let yourself heal, would love to see these tea towels.
    Jasper, glad your fridge is fixed but sorry about the expense, Maytags are not what they used to be for sure. Life is too short to put up with family that enjoys conflict, I wrote off a sister a few years ago and was so afraid to do and put up with so much, but I haven't looked back.I think of it this way, if she was an acquaintance I would definitely not want to be her friend so just because she is my sister I do not have to put up with her crap, and I am ok with that.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady glad to hear the swelling is slowly going down.

I agree if the person wanted the towels by a certain date she should have said that, good luck I forsee lots of towels in your future (wink)

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information