User Tag List

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`ve always wanted to make biscotti but have never tried it. Those recipes sound good.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dh's tests went well today which means he qualifies for surgery after the holidays. He's been waiting a year to find out if this surgery could be done to help him. So, our trip to see his kids in Denver is on for Sunday - I'm just so exhausted - I've got a suitcase full of something - but I don't know what. My own health has been up and down this couple of weeks but it seems they are putting it down to a virus. So - light diet - no caffeine and lower stress (HA!) and I should be ok.

I'm not sure which Xmas gifts we've got and which we still have to get - but it will all work out. The best thing is seeing the kids. The Yankee kids want Laura Secord Chocolates (check! - got that last weekend and they were on sale with an extra 10% off) also Lay's Ketchup chips and Coffee Crisp.

I may be able to check in - I hope. I haven't had time to check all your posts lately.
    Wishing you all good health - good food - good friends in the next few weeks!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So happy for your DH surgery. Take care of yourself and enjoy your visit.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon have a wonderful visit and so happy your dh can have the surgery he has been waiting for such a relief for you and your families.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-avon hope your hubby has the surgery he needs -ahhh my aunt use to take home coffee crisp and sponge toffee which is hard to find sometimes(she has been passed away many years)-she lived in Detroit -off to get my brother soon to go to freshco
    -ceil-i was just venting -nope my two neighbours dont really bother with us -one her hubby smokes all over the house and her baked food smells like it -plus she is too noisy-so I will make a few items -maybe next week

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

that is such wonderful news Avon. you know i wish you and dh the best of everything. enjoy your trip. take it easy!!

had another one of those nights. up early for a sale.
    not sure i'll get a nap before we have to get ready. probably not.
    looking forward to it. hope i can make it it through.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Another busy day (yesterday was rather hectic) ahead of me. Think I got myself into a bit of trouble ranting on another thread. Oh well. Off to put together a veggie tray for the neighbours. At least the brats aren't jealous, cause they like their veggies cooked and served hot.

Will catch up later with everyone's news.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya everyone,

Dh finished a project for me today it's a drying rack that he made from metal framing from a bed that we got at the re-use it centre (imagine a very large pot holder and that's what I have now), it's hanging over my woodstove so now I can do atleast 2 largre loads a day if necessary .....and we either had the materials lying around or got them for free....

So dh's drive shaft will be $350.00 + txs = but because dh is no longer able to push a snowblower it's a must sadly.

I have a terrible cold it started this am with aches & cold spells....eek...hoping that it doesn't last too long and no one else gets it, a girl can dream

The boys have made their own meals today as mama just can't do it but it's a good experience for them as they know their ways around the kitchen anyways.

DH and the boys will be heading out tomorrow for Christmas shopping for me, it should be interesting as my list is quite short and has no splurge items....just everyday items that I can actually use

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Love your giant pot holder lol
    Hope your cold doesn`t last too long.
    It sucks when things get more expensive because of disabilities.

I delivered the pot holder set to AnnaMae`s this afternoon. The place was a zoo. When I left at 3:00 people were waiting for tables. Didn`t know what to have for supper so I brought home some of their potato ham soup. We both love it.
    Stopped to visit a friend who had been in hospital on the way home.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well visited my brother today took him to freshco -sat at his apt talking t his wife -well he is diabetic now ,still has trouble breathing ,needs more tests -his son/wife are a high powered couple -that lives around the corner from me - my brother/wife they hardly see their 2 sons-I think thats just awfull
    so as i left his apt-I said before I closed the door -I will take you to your hospital appt on wed-he thanked me ( I think his 40 and 45 year old son should care a bit more ) but hey I dont want to stir up trouble by telling them off
    -so babysit mon /tues -Friday-wed -hospital for a few tests for my brother so only have thursday off-know what if i dont get much baking done this season I don't care -cause tis the season to help others
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 13th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Spent a freakish amount on cold meds this afternoon as well as took out40 cash for the hockey tourney (I handed 24 of the cash to bf as he's time keeping all afternoon. I spent 5.50of it on fries and have 10 left) I also picked up 2 movie passes for my work gift exchange tonight.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ciel I agree with the Biscotti, I made it last year for the first time for gifts, I had a lot of really really old (the green colored glass) mason jars that we had used for my daughters wedding a few years ago that I wanted to re purpose. I made dried sour cherry/pistachio and dipped the ends in white chocolate and gifted them in the jars with some raffia. Really well received and I would definitely make again!
    Unfortunately I am with coupongirl and my baking will be minimum this year, that's okay will make up for it next year!
    Nancy i bet your DH is wishing he would of got the snow blower ready for winter before the warranty was up..such a shame.
    Andit don't worry about the rants thread, jeesh I got what you were saying!
    Crotchetlady so sorry there isn't anything that can be done for your eyes right now.
    Natalka hope your back is on the mend today!
    Today was my most productive day since I have been home from the hospital, managed to do some vacuming and dusted, husband finished the vacuming. Jayden is really sick with bad chest cold and I am hopingI don't get it.I can't take any cold medication and very few antibiotics with the various medications I am on and I just don't need to catch anything! I have been a bit ocd wiping door handles and such!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

OOps forget to wish the travelers safe journeys, Lizzie coming home and Avon leaving!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Andit: I agree with TG, i totally got your point. I work in Toronto and every time I turn around someone is asking for something. I used to be really uncomfortable saying no at the cash and I think it sucks that the cashier is forced to ask, but now I just say no thanks.
    TG: I would let someone else vacuum. Lol, but thats me when I am healthy.
    We finally put up the tree today, I have been feeling very grinchy. Work is hell, both my parents are not well....we all know how it goes. So as one of you always says, I put on my big girl panties. Tree is up baking is planned for Sunday. There are even wrapped gifts und the tree.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper (nancy)always says "I put on my big girl panties"lo
    -lilo did you redeem the 40.00 pc points for your turkey-just curious - plan on doing that today -yeah for free turkey
    -well I wrapped last night and treated hubby and I to five guys and brought it home

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information