User Tag List

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahh nat beautifull arrangement -you are such a great mom always being there for your boy
    -jasper thats great you had a awesome relaxing day
    -all I can say is thankgoodness I am having my xmas on Friday -as I was sick this me-it felt like someone booted me in the stomach so I took it easy til daughter and her hubby came at 230-she cooked homemade pasta sauce just like his nonna's-I just took one bite as I only ate toast /applesauce mind you I boiled an egg -then my daughter made dessert for friday -lemon curd blueberry tarts-they look yummy-cant wait I am feeling better now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had a total of 11 of us for dinner-quite yummy turkey and all the trimmings-my SIL brought homemade buns and wine, my sister brought a trifle and my friend brought cabbage rolls and wine-plenty of food and wine leftover so I had them all take doggie bags home as the 3 of us would never be able to eat it all. A great time was had by all although my DH says he has a sore throat and is going to bed early.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 25th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl geez hun, I hope you feel better soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning Everyone, wishing you all a fabulous day

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sun has been shining and there some wind-ideal enough to put laundry outside to dry. Took some time to pick up branches from the windy days.
    Day two of Christmas for those of you celebrating in December--wishing you all a relaxed day. When I saw the Twitter posts about Yorkdale/401 being backed up before 9am, I was glad I am not out doing the sales crawl. @Angela273 -maybe LO is having a bad dream and they involve the toys? Hope you get your quality sleep and DH can keep LO occupied. May your family visit go well today.

On my mind for the end of the month: recycling Dec. coupons that won't get used in time, cleaning up of e-mail contact list and mailing lists, & getting a summary page from healthcare provider so the correct sum can be claimed for income tax return. January-plan on getting that free credit report that I did not get this year. Something on it must be prompting the mailings of credit card applications.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon all. finally done our shopping.
    kids are out now doing theirs. will pick em up when done.
    once done. all is wrapped. put under tree. ready for tomorrow.
    then i get some relax time while they do their 'guy' thing. first friday dh has been off in a long time.
    then tomorrow is our xmas, then to visit my parents/siblings.
    nice day out. should have enjoyed the sun more..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone is enjoying the season. I'm turkey's out. Oldest is going to movies with my sister to see the hobbit and my youngest has a friend over for the evening. I hope to get a few things done. Grabbed a few gift packs (aveeno) on for half price for future gifts at superstore today. And 8 packs of bacon from Food basics for the freezer. That was it for shopping for me today. Now to get my house in order

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel;6197631
    On my mind for the end of the month: recycling Dec. coupons that won't get used in time, cleaning up of e-mail contact list and mailing lists, & getting a summary page from healthcare provider so the correct sum can be claimed for income tax return. January-plan on getting that free credit report that I did not get this year. Something on it must be prompting the mailings of credit card applications.[/QUOTE]

great goals for the end of December and the coming new year

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    then i get some relax time while they do their 'guy' thing. first friday dh has been off in a long time.
    then tomorrow is our xmas, then to visit my parents/siblings.
    nice day out. should have enjoyed the sun more..
    your dh was off for 2 weeks....just teasing as I know what you mean

Enjoy your Christmas celebrations tomorrow

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

I am going to start working on my goals/challenges = to do list that I would like to get done/accomplish in the new year 2015 geez I tell you time flies when you're having fun

Most of my list will be home renos I would like to get done BUT financially speaking it's still a goal and something to work towards as money is tight.

Hoping to get an answer for dh's disability by end of January if their timelines are still 4 months from date rec'd. If denied dh will return to work on days when he is physically capable either way the extra income will come in handy .

Jaden is still not in his new room as we now need to install the dri-core subfloor as there is 1 corner that is damp and we don't want it to become a mold issue, so I have decided to use the cash that I rec'd from my parents (they left our cards here before their botched vacation) and the Home depot gc I rec'd from in-laws for Christmas to purchase the subfloor tiles & laminate flooring that is on sale at home depot this week. I don't really need or want anything at this time so I'm fine with the decision and Jaden has been promised this room for approx. 1 year now which we have been working on and off when we had a few bucks and when dh could do anything physically SO it's LONG overdue

anyways.....

wishing everyone a great evening

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

does anyone make their own purex or gain crystals? and is so do you use Epson salts & essential oils????
    avoncallingu likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well had our turkey today-yumm I was feeling great still have a bit of cold,hubby has a sore throat
    -we were spoiled by our kids
    -my daughter/hubby gave me an aldo leather purse -nice back with handles or strap -I have never owned a leather purse
    and hubby got a new shirt an tie-plus local five guys certificate
    -son/wife gave me a gift card for the mall and bath and boy works sleep lotion /bath plus shirt for hubby and the keg gift card
    -we were spoiled

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I went into the Chatham Target at 4:30 this pm - I had only 1 $2.00 off coupon. I had shopped there in a mental fog last week and could have "bundled" my purchase to get more coupons - but c'est la vie! I didn't expect to find any, really. But they still had The Anchorman and some Transformers but I have no use for them. I checked out the $3.00, $4.00 and $5.00 racks. I found "Eat, Pray, Love" which my dh and I have seen but really enjoyed, in the $3.00 rack. DH suggested we pick it up - as it would just be $1.00 He is cynical about using coupons and said, "Oh they're probably going to say that the coupon can't be used on Boxing Day."
    When we rang it through - it came up as $5.00. I told her I found it in the $3.00 rack. She went off to check with a supervisor. (DH was getting impatient.) She came back and said that it HAD been $5.00 but the supervisor told her that we could have it for $3.00. So - not free, but $1.15 for a great movie - with no violence! My kind of movie!
    Picked up db at the train station this afternoon. When you go from Kitchener to Chatham, you have to change in London. Well, the train they were to board that was coming in from Toronto had broken down, so Via put everyone in TAXIs to drive to their destinations (even Windsor!) Via does this quite often. Either hires a bus or sends people in taxis - no wonder the fares are so high!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lazy night. Guess it's allowed after the prep work. But I did get the laundry put away. Kitchen is clean. So will get at stuff tomorrow.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

One of my favorite sites for healthy meals is having a promo. You get a free $5 on her shop. Which has TONS of ebooks. That's where I got my ebook for making tortillas. She does this like once every 2 years or so. I've gotten so many free ebooks from her. It expires at midnight on the 27th though so act fast.... http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/gift
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information