User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Back after two days with Family for Christmas. Now starting my yearly dig in for January. I like to see what we have on hand & try to avoid spending much money. I still have left over points that I will carry into the new year. We start a new tax year so our pays take a dive.
    I had an amazing PC Plus off for 400 points on every dollar spent on fresh beef so I dipped into next month’s grocery budget to buy over 80.00 of meat and earned 35000 points which is 35.00 when I redeem. I am back at work this week so I am going to do some returns of this week that puts money back in my account.
    Angela: congrats. That was the day my Logan was due, but he was late.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you for the support everyone. Unfortunately at this time I know nothing. The last update I was given was that he would be woken up in October and reassessed, last time I spoke with his Mom back in September they had just moved him into his parents house as at the time it was all about time and letting his body heal well he was in the coma. I keep trying to remind myself it has not been that long but I guess it hits a few raw nerves as I seem to have a thing for guys who do not like to let me into their lives and I end up feeling like I am left on the outside looking in, so when his mom was talking to me I at least felt like even though I could not be with him I was still involved and deep down it gave me a lot of hope to hear that he keep talking to me in his sleep. Now there is nothing, I know there are so many options but I guess that is the issue, my mind goes all over the place. I just really hate the not knowing and the unknown. This will probably sound really bad but I have no problems waiting and being patient but at the same time I fear this is it, no ending, nothing more said just this is it.

As you can all see I have TONS and TONS of dating issues, most of them fears of the past that keep repeating themselves. I think the hardest part of all of this is coming to terms and dealing with the fact that neither him nor I made a decision or choice but instead the universe did and now we wait and see how it plays out.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great offer on the beef lilo definitely worth taking advantage off
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thank you for the support everyone. Unfortunately at this time I know nothing. The last update I was given was that he would be woken up in October and reassessed, last time I spoke with his Mom back in September they had just moved him into his parents house as at the time it was all about time and letting his body heal well he was in the coma. I keep trying to remind myself it has not been that long but I guess it hits a few raw nerves as I seem to have a thing for guys who do not like to let me into their lives and I end up feeling like I am left on the outside looking in, so when his mom was talking to me I at least felt like even though I could not be with him I was still involved and deep down it gave me a lot of hope to hear that he keep talking to me in his sleep. Now there is nothing, I know there are so many options but I guess that is the issue, my mind goes all over the place. I just really hate the not knowing and the unknown. This will probably sound really bad but I have no problems waiting and being patient but at the same time I fear this is it, no ending, nothing more said just this is it.

As you can all see I have TONS and TONS of dating issues, most of them fears of the past that keep repeating themselves. I think the hardest part of all of this is coming to terms and dealing with the fact that neither him nor I made a decision or choice but instead the universe did and now we wait and see how it plays out.

sometimes we need to let the universe or powers that be make decisions for us, you are a very wonderful & patient lady (we really gotten to know you on here) and deserve much happiness, hugs
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-for what it is worth I will throw my 2 cents worth in. Have you considered tallking to a counsellor about any of the various issues that are concerning you? I only ask because they are professionsals and may be able to help you do some problem solving as they get to know you better? Although I don't know all the details about this latest relationship, as it sounds like it was very new, I would personally be inclined to move on and look for somebody else-but that is just my opinion based on all that you have said. You will have to follow your gut feeling on that one. Good luck whatever you decide.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sometimes its nice chatting to us ladies -maybe you can get an udate ashley on your friend
    -cant sleep too stuffed with head cold

oh and Ashley-listen to this my daughter told me her mother-in-law said at xmas eve when she was there with his family
    "I need to have a family picture taken ,as soon as you have a little one"
    really I talk to my daughter one on one -no pressure from me -wow
    -whats with these in laws of my children and their comments sometimes -too bad every one wasn't like me easy going
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Jasperchar
    Quote Originally Posted by kasha100 View Post
    Are you looking to make laundry soap? You ca make it with baking soda, washing soda and borax( walmart and independent) if you want the smell you can add essential oils. Or even better and easier is to use dr bronner (spelling) soap, it is expensive but you dilute 2 tsp in an old laundry detergent bottle and use about 1/2 a capful. ( independent in the health isle) it goes a long way and comes in smells or plain.
    For cleaning bathrooms baking soda, washing soda and borax as a scrub then rinse with vinegar gets rid of soap scum and hard water easily.

is the floor damp in the winter as well? wood stoves usually dry the air out really well and make the house dry...seem to remember a lot of static folding laundry with a wood stove LOL

Chatelaine magaine had reciepe for a mix, have to look it up for a cleaning spray, murphy oil soap ( shoppers or hhardware) maybe vinegar and water?

the microfiber clothes do a great job on stainless steel taps, mirrors and such, with just water, no chemicals, got them from a canadian company, free shipping, have to look that up for you.

If you are on a septic you dont want to use commercial powder anything (laundry, dishwasher) as it contains fillers of stuff that doesnt dissolve and just sits in the septic!

hope that helps, can look up the recipes if you want!
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

whoops... is the floor damp even in the winter, seem to remember the wood stove drying out the air really well, lots of static kling!
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    sold one of my trees already, have another possible sale tonite.
    as for the rest of my stuff, probably just donate it all. house should be back to normal by bed. which i'll hit dead on im sure.
    hubby is cooking dinner. left over cabbage stuff.
    I think it's great that you can just get rid of stuff that easily!! My kids always bug me that I'm a hoarder ha,ha,ha!, after 25 years of marriage and 3 kids I have a lot of stuff..we're planning on downsizing,so little by little I've been getting rid of things..I should post more things on kijiji...mrssunshine, maybe you should become an organizer, I can be your guinea pig!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

DOES ANYONE HAS A DEHUMIFIER IN THEIR HOME????
    Yes we purchased one this summer for our basement as it gets very damp. It helped a lot in the summer but it was costing us about $1 per day to run. In the summer having the house less humid keeps it feeling cooler inside and the a/c will run less thus offsetting the cost. To save on the electricity bills we have not been running it since its been cold and less humid outside. Since our basement is dry most of the time and the humidity is low outside we've only been turning it on if we get water on the floor (old house = leaky foundation if we get a big thaw or heavy rain).

In addition to having a dehumidifier, what helped us was to make sure that all the evestrough downspouts around the house all have long run offs away from the foundation. Adding the longer extensions to the downspouts has made a huge difference and our basement is dry most of the time now.

Also I've heard that hanging laundry inside to dry will also increase the humidity. Not sure if you hang a lot of laundry in your bsmt or not. I try not to dry very much clothes inside because this causes us a problem.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Mon, Dec 29th, 2014 at 07:50 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SA-for what it is worth I will throw my 2 cents worth in. Have you considered tallking to a counsellor about any of the various issues that are concerning you? I only ask because they are professionsals and may be able to help you do some problem solving as they get to know you better? Although I don't know all the details about this latest relationship, as it sounds like it was very new, I would personally be inclined to move on and look for somebody else-but that is just my opinion based on all that you have said. You will have to follow your gut feeling on that one. Good luck whatever you decide.
    I totally agree with Lizzie, you definitely could benefit from some counselling, you seem to have quite a few things going on and getting some help to prioritize and start working on things would probably help you to most.
    As far as the relationship goes, I would move on and if he contacts you after he wakes up then take it from there.Something sounds fishy to me though, I can't imagine being sent home to "rest" while in a medically induced coma, pretty sure they need to be under observation in a medical setting, kind of sounds like a weird soap opera

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Guess I should get going. Think taking the tree down is the 1st thing on the list. Then can clean living room. Ds has hockey this evening but local which is nice. Will let him burn some energy! He is driving me a little crazy lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Love the " January dig" comment. Will be doing the same. Have picked up deals but trying to use up old stuff and clean freezers. Same with cupboards. Have tons of points for PC and shoppers to do a shopping spree when the time/sales are right.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Think I will make the kids pancakes now since this is an item we should use up and have tons of syrup! And figure out dinner. Off to the freezer I go!

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information