User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: 30% now off clearance Loblaws stores-

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The discounted vegetable rack looked like a compost heap when I went by last. They had cantaloupes so overripe that they were collapsing in on themselves (but someone had gone to the trouble of wrapping each one in plastic and pricing it.)
    I think they no longer put reduced produce out , so customers can get a good deal ..they only seem to put it on clearance these days so that the spoiled produce doesn't spoil the other good produce around it.

Hence they seem to be waiting longer and longer thesedays to put produce on clearance or reduced price thesedays. Its like they don't care anymore, hence the quality of reduced produced has gone from being so so & edible to absolutely horrible these days.

I no longer visit the compost section anymore in the store , but a few years back I used to look forward to it. The quality & price is just not there anymore.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just thought of this. I wonder if they are donating the reduced stuff and aren't throwing it away at all? You know, to charities that take perishable food, similar to Second Harvest. They may be getting a tax write off and would rather have that than pass discounted food to customers?
    Davetherave likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I just thought of this. I wonder if they are donating the reduced stuff and aren't throwing it away at all? You know, to charities that take perishable food, similar to Second Harvest. They may be getting a tax write off and would rather have that than pass discounted food to customers?
    The quality of the non-reduced produce has been so incredibly poor the past six to eight months that I can't imagine them having the nerve to donate the "older" in exchange for a receipt. Half of the produce in my store is wilted and old looking when they first put it out.
    Davetherave likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have to revive this thread to state that the 30% off reduced items policy appeared in my local Fortinos store about two weeks prior to its grand re-opening. So eleven months after this thread started, the reality landed in this banner.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Huh, this is funny. I just noticed some fermented mangos the other day. I used to buy them from the rack and they'd be ripe, but now it's way beyond that.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's too bad the company didn't listen when people complained about this. Now there are regularly full discount racks of bread, and clearance racks stay full for weeks. People really do not bother with 30% off. Aside from the odd thing here and there, my household's purchases there for anything that isn't a staple has dropped to nil. We no longer buy clearance products at Loblaws banner stores because they aren't worth it.

Clearly other people aren't buying either. They said it was because they were losing money, but this decision will lose them even more. I'll rebuy a product I got at 50% off if I liked it, but they're missing out on so much of my cash because I'm not paying full price for a lot of things without trying them first.
    Ciel, Poirot, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I don't even look at the discount racks anymore the savings are not worth it. I know stick to my list and that is it.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I don't look either. 20x the points at sdm is 40% back so doesn't make sense for me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I don't even look at the discount racks anymore the savings are not worth it. I know stick to my list and that is it.
    You're so right about that. Their garbage must be huge.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I have not bought 30%-off items in ages; I think probably when it started being 30%...I just do not bother with it anymore!
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

walmart $1 bag of fruits and veggies are fresher and better deal

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

25% off only now at my local RCSS.... really...
    Ciel, GracieAnne and Davetherave like this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FrugalKris View Post
    25% off only now at my local RCSS.... really...
    I noticed at one of our local stores 30% off are few and far between but yes a lot more 25% off stickers and the items with stickers now literally are bad, not close to expiry but have mold or produce is rotting.
    Ciel, FrugalKris and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Not only its 30 % off now as opposed to 50 % , the quality of the reduced produce and also meat is much worse now. Bakery is still fine.

But reduced produce, fruits, veggies, meats is now much much worse than before, its almost as if they are deliberately waiting till the last minute now to reduce it, while earlier its was at least 2-3 days in advance. Now the reduced stuff is fit for the GARBAGE bin or for Compost pile, its that bad. Its no longer edible.

Just bcoz someone is buying reduced stuff, doesn't mean they want to eat garbage.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I noticed at one of our local stores 30% off are few and far between but yes a lot more 25% off stickers and the items with stickers now literally are bad, not close to expiry but have mold or produce is rotting.
    yeah I have noticed it too. The meat is all rotting and dark brown along the edges, not red or pinkish anymore. Its almost as if you will get food poisoning or ecoli or stomach flu, if you eat that. Its that bad now !

I no longer buy their reduced produce and meat. Bakery I still buy like bread , pita , muffins etc. But meat, fruits, veggies are a NO for me now, its that bad !
    SassyAshley likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information