User Tag List

Proud to be Canadian, eh! ZumbaQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone,

Quick question....I am seriously considering changing banks for our business..I am currently with TD and over the last couple of years they are becoming more and more frustrating with our business account. I heard and did a bit of research online that both Scotiabank and BMO are good with business accounts....has anyone had any experience with either one?

Thanks and where ever you are I hope you are keeping warm
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Based on the back cover ads I've seen in Snap Hamilton, it would appear that First Ontario credit union and Meridian Credit Union should be considered for small business accounts too. Just adding to your research, I know.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thumbs down for Scotiabank by me. Dealt with them for work for years and it was painful. And the tellers at the one branch were so Slooooooooow!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZumbaQueen View Post
    Hi everyone,

Quick question....I am seriously considering changing banks for our business..I am currently with TD and over the last couple of years they are becoming more and more frustrating with our business account. I heard and did a bit of research online that both Scotiabank and BMO are good with business accounts....has anyone had any experience with either one?

Thanks and where ever you are I hope you are keeping warm
    It really depends on how big your business needs are. The Royal Bank offers a business online account for $6.00 a month. But, you do get charged if you use a teller. You only get charged based on what you deposit using the bank machine. I think it is 40 cents per cheque deposit, and there is a charge based on amount of cash. But, no charge for online deposit ( like accepting a credit card with a point of sale device). I had a business account with a credit union, but when it merged with another credit union, the costs went through the roof $65.00 per month plus extra charges.
    Check online or with your branch. This is just one of their cheaper accounts. Consider writing a list of what your needs are first, like how many deposits per month, do you need to write cheques?, how much cash you deposit, are you comfortable doing online transactions? If you get a good customer service rep., they can help you choose. I wish you good luck.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For 10 years we used RBC for our business account and would definitely use them again if we opened another business.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always found that the service is a direct reflection on who's managing the Branch. So it may not matter "which" Institution you use, but what "branch" you use. Unless your problem is with corporate policy/pricing. .

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    I've always found that the service is a direct reflection on who's managing the Branch. So it may not matter "which" Institution you use, but what "branch" you use. Unless your problem is with corporate policy/pricing. .
    Completely agree! That is why the online business account works well. If you do have an issue, you can deal with the online service or telephone service. You do not have to deal with local branch personal.

Thread Information