• 3 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 1 Post By canada_dry
  • 1 Post By HappyCouponSaver78
  • 2 Post By Ciel

Thread: The Body Shop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dunno if it's just me, but shopping at the body shop is a major pain in the @$$!! I seriously wish they would stop with misleading sales and salespeople. I vaguely remember last year leaving a Body Shop store feeling like I'd been scammed... this year I definitely felt scammed.

I hoped to finish some Christmas shopping at the Eaton Centre and was drawn in by the Body Shop's "BUY 3 - GET 3 : ENTIRE STORE" sale. Wow, thinks me... I'll be able to get a bunch of stocking stuffers for the girls.

Spoke to one salesperson about the gift boxes who clarified: "Oh, the sale doesn't apply to gift boxes". Ah. No fine print anywhere... strike gift boxes off.

Grab a bunch of soaps... another salesperson explains: "Oh, the soaps are a different sale: 4 for $10... great deal!"... um, well no... not exactly. At $4 regular price that would be 6 for $12... a better deal if the so called "BUY 3 - GET 3 - ENTIRE STORE" sale were correct. I decide to still keep some soaps. When I get to the cashier she explains... "Oh, these soaps aren't included in the sale... they're $6 each. %@$#?!?"

I overhear the cashier next to mine trying to explain to another frustrated shopper some convoluted bs about why she can't get some deal.

I thought Body Shop stood for being an ethical retailer. Were they bought out by Walmart recently?? I must have missed that announcement!!

Signed,

Pissed-off-and-wont-be-shopping-there-again.
    This thread is currently associated with: The Body Shop, Walmart
    Ciel and Durham Couponer like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know how you feel. I went in there recently to purchase some toner. I saw a sign that said buy 3 get 3 free on entire store. I was happy, but then I was told it was only on SOME things. Don't just blame the Body Shop, pretty much all retailers do misleading sales. It's ridiculous. I'm also upset The Body Shop doesn't do the Christmas promotion anymore where you buy a "bag of joy" for 5 bucks and then get 5 weeks of free gifts.
    matrix82, Ciel, lucy16076 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OMG I had the exact same experience! Went in thinking I could get some accessories but because they are less than $5, the Buy 3, get 3 promo does not apply. They must have changed the fine print because I remember last year everything was part of the Buy 3, get 3 deal.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Same thing for me yesterday! Same signage buy 3 get 3 was told gift packs were not included. Asked if the body mitt I bought was included told yes was good on anything in the store.

Grabbed 2 body wash, a body mitt, lip balm, hand lotion was told discount would be applied at register. No, register SD buy 2 get 1!
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I went in when they had 40% off. DD really REALLY wanted that glitter spritz thing...so, it's her gift from DS. :p Cause he is so going to steal it, he loves glitter, too...ahahaha.
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

gift sets and gift cards were never included in the BXGX promos (or any promo really....) but i don't get the whole soaps not being allowed in the promo...

i'm getting frustrated with advertising lately it's really misleading and not just at the body shop.. it also doesn't help that there are some bloggers out there that just add to the misleading factor (the store writes "up to" in tiny print with a great big 60% off... the blogger i guess doesn't notice it or jsut drops it then advertises.. X store is having a 60% off sale and you just know... when you go in there will be 1 thing that's 60% off and most everything else is 20-30% off)
    Ciel, sweetmomma and lucy16076 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Body shop is brutal with the exclusions on their sale. It,pisses,people off,so,why not just list the stuff that is on sale seeing as how 1/2 the store is excluded from the "everything on sale" sale. I also miss the $5 bag with the 5 free products..that was an awesome deal.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

that is sooo annoying ! has anyone complained? emailed the company? Ive never bought anything in the store b/c i find the staff very VERY pushy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I know how you feel. It's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by joandstef View Post
    OMG I had the exact same experience! Went in thinking I could get some accessories but because they are less than $5, the Buy 3, get 3 promo does not apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Same thing for me yesterday! Same signage buy 3 get 3 was told gift packs were not included. Asked if the body mitt I bought was included told yes was good on anything in the store.

Grabbed 2 body wash, a body mitt, lip balm, hand lotion was told discount would be applied at register. No, register SD buy 2 get 1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i don't get the whole soaps not being allowed in the promo... i'm getting frustrated with advertising lately it's really misleading and not just at the body shop
    Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Body shop is brutal with the exclusions on their sale. It,pisses,people off,so,why not just list the stuff that is on sale seeing as how 1/2 the store is excluded from the "everything on sale" sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    that is sooo annoying ! has anyone complained? emailed the company? Ive never bought anything in the store b/c i find the staff very VERY pushy.
    Thanks for weighing in everyone!

Bricks 'n mortar stores are getting their asses handed to them by online only retailers (Amazon I'm lookin at you) and this kinda stuff is one reason why. I've thought about submitting a formal complaint to gov't watchdog... but it's easier just stop shopping there and just tell the story online.
    lucy16076 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never shopped there anymore because the products uses more and more bad for body and bad for the environment and it is a sellout (just like Metallica!)
    lucy16076 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I stopped shopping there because they reformulated the Brazil Nut body butter, it used to be an excellent product...then they cheapen it with other oils and fillers and I bought the current version and it's not the same. It's drier, less moisturizing, just like an average moisturizer and I can rarely able to buy one for less than $10 like in the past.

Too bad for them as I would gladly pay $20 for the old Brazil Nut body butter. I don't mind paying more for quality product.

Was there on the weekend, soap is 4 for $10 (certain kind, some is still $6 each). The Argan line is excluded, travel size items is not buy 3 get 3...I walked out of there without buying anything.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Dec 22nd, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Buy 3, Get 3 FREE or Buy 2, Get 2 FREE
    -

The "Buy 3, Get 3 FREE; or Buy 2, Get 2 FREE" offer (the "Offer") entitles customers to the following with respect to certain products specified herein: (a) buy three products and receive three products for equal or lesser value for free; and (b) buy two products and receive two products for equal or lesser value for free. Offer valid online at www.thebodyshop.ca from December 15—25, 2014. Offer excludes 100ml Hand Creams, Colour Crush™ Nail products, Red Musk™ products, Drops of Youth™ Eye Concentrate, Wild Argan products, 2-in-1 Smoky Gel Liner & Brow Definer, All-In-One™ Instablur Eye Primer, All-In-One™ Instablur 5 Action Perfector, Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet, Moisture White Shiso Skin Care, pre-packaged gift sets, kits, sale items, Online Outlet items, Everyday Value items (i.e., mini Body Butter, mini Body Scrubs, mini Shower Gels, mini Body Lotions, mini Skin Care, mini Hair Care, core-ingredient 30ml Hand Creams, Soaps), items $6 and under (in-store only), charitable items, and purchases of LOVE YOUR BODY™ membership cards and gift cards. Discount taken on lowest-priced items. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price. Offer not valid in combination with other discounts, coupons or offers, with the exception of the SPC Card (in store only) and the LOVE YOUR BODY membership discounts. Not applicable to prior purchases. Offer subject to change without notice. The Body Shop reserves the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of discount and to modify or cancel these promotions due to system error or unforeseen problems.
    Found the details of the offer online.

The Body Shop Canada was sold in 2004-have to find out to whom. Margot Franssen moved on.
    If Anita Roddick was still alive, maybe she'd have sent word to the store HQ to get their marketing signs in order.

Noticed the Body Shop International Plc is owned by L'Oreal. There you go.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Dec 23rd, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Decaf and lucy16076 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information