• 1 Post By d.ot
  • 1 Post By coupon girl
  • 6 Post By jamesfranco
  • 2 Post By ilovecats
  • 4 Post By FallenPixels
  • 2 Post By annedougherty
  • 4 Post By ilovecats
  • 4 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: walmart (someone price matching the wrong pizza)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was in walmart and customer behind me had 12 or14 pizzas in her buggy -my order was suspended to check for scop price-so I asked her how much are they -she said in the no frills flyer 3.33 delissio -well I didn't get that flyer this week (I don't own a cell phone)-but she had the uprising thicker ones -it was only thin crust as I looked at the flyer right now -that pi**es me off-sorry we don't care for the thin crust -plus they should limit price matching also -I am sure if I went to get one they would not be there -but of course I would have price matched the thin crust as that is what it says -people like this make it hard for us
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Walmart
    Natalka, Ciel, Decaf and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hopefully the cashier checked the product against what's in the flyer?
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nope the cashier was a guy who was called up and she showed him on a tablet
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Brutal. I know a local couponer who seems to always "accidentally" price match the wrong size or use the wrong coupons on products, and then they blog about it and it is so aggravating.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I was in walmart and customer behind me had 12 or14 pizzas in her buggy -my order was suspended to check for scop price-so I asked her how much are they -she said in the no frills flyer 3.33 delissio -well I didn't get that flyer this week (I don't own a cell phone)-but she had the uprising thicker ones -it was only thin crust as I looked at the flyer right now -that pi**es me off-sorry we don't care for the thin crust -plus they should limit price matching also -I am sure if I went to get one they would not be there -but of course I would have price matched the thin crust as that is what it says -people like this make it hard for us
    I would suggest going to walmart.ca and the contact section....and then either choose the store this happened in so the feedback will go to the store manager of that store, or for Head Office where you can advise them of the store and what you witnessed. This way, feedback gets to the store in question so that the store manager can address it with his/her staff.

It's bad enough a customer does not read the ad and get the correct product (or, in some cases, chooses to play "dumb" and pick up what they want knowing it's incorrect. These ones tend to look for cashiers they think will be less than thorough in checking ads), but, as a cashier myself, it ticks me off when the person on cash is not doing the job and verifying what is being purchased matches the ad exactly before allowing the ad match. This makes it difficult for the next cashier who gets this same individual, does do their job, and then the customer either a) accepts it and either purchases anyways or does not purchase the product, or b) raises a stink hoping to get their way.
    Shwa Girl and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Exactly why we have seen a change in Walmart's PMing policies recently
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

What's really sad is that I think some people just genuinely do not understand that there is something wrong with that lol. Cashiers really need to check the sizes.
    coupon girl and terry2144 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    What's really sad is that I think some people just genuinely do not understand that there is something wrong with that lol. Cashiers really need to check the sizes.
    I like being able to check flyers when the new ones are starting before I go into work so I can see who has what on, and can see any that may be a potential problem for us...I know our Lead CSM tries to do it also and often there will be notes at the podium for the cashiers to review so they are aware of what to look for. I was looking at the flyers that are beginning Boxing Day, and already see a potential problem as someone has Cracker Barrel cheese bars on for $3.99...however, size is only 200g, and I can bet you I'll have someone pick up the larger size and expect it to be ad matched because they failed to read the size in the ad within the first day or two of the sale start...it'll be one I'll be bringing to our Lead CSM's attention (if she already hasn't caught it herself) so that the word gets to the cashiers to be aware of the size.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I agree that this why the PM policy keeps changing and its annoying and unfair to those of us that play by the rules.

A few items I have unknowingly done this before and I always get so embarassed when they point it out. For example I had the $2 miss vickies coupon I just recently got and I wanted to use it before it expired. I compared the big bag vs. the regular size bag and there was something ridiculous like a $0.40 difference with almost double the size so I though, D'uh, get the larger size not realizing the coupon specifies the regular size only. So I told the cashier I no longer wanted it and apologized profusely because I probably looked like an idiot to the cashier and all the people behind me nevermind making more work for someone to go and put that item back.

We all make mistakes sometimes but to knowingly try to scam like this and then possibly take it one step further and brag about it on your blog? It's just not right.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@coupongirl , I have been on the other side of the cash register, as a cashier, getting similar customers
    some would come in on a Thursday to get cheaper prices, showing me the flyer for things that start on Friday
    one lady had the nerve to say to me that I should just change the prices since she can't take the time to come back to the store again and waste gas
    I just told her that I did not have the power to change the prices and even if I did, I would not be at that store for much longer if I did that for her

Some customers get angry, shout, throw things at cashiers and one customer ever slapped a cashier's face when the cashier said she could not change the price. The customer service manager called the police and that customer was not allowed to shop there any more. Some customers try to bully cashiers into making the cashier give them what they want.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @coupongirl, I have been on the other side of the cash register, as a cashier, getting similar customers
    some would come in on a Thursday to get cheaper prices, showing me the flyer for things that start on Friday
    one lady had the nerve to say to me that I should just change the prices since she can't take the time to come back to the store again and waste gas
    I just told her that I did not have the power to change the prices and even if I did, I would not be at that store for much longer if I did that for her

Some customers get angry, shout, throw things at cashiers and one customer ever slapped a cashier's face when the cashier said she could not change the price. The customer service manager called the police and that customer was not allowed to shop there any more. Some customers try to bully cashiers into making the cashier give them what they want.
    Wow how awful!
    She should have been charged with assault.

Thread Information