User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: 3000 points when you buy $10 on food and snacks did not work for me

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honestly, I ALWAYS buy milk with promos and it works but heard from others that it wasn't so I tried yesterday and it did not work - confirmed with cashier that Milk - 'no longer worked' - I still did a shop and combined all of my points offers and earned over 38000 points with all together - the combination thing is NOT an issue - you can view my receipts in the 'best shopper's shop' thread for yesterday - you are definitely right to ask them to try - I rarely run into a cashier who doesn't do it but if I do I just give them the sweet smile and 'well, would you mind trying - if it works, then great and if not no big deal' - and then I always show the receipt after to them so they learn that of course it works!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    Honestly, I ALWAYS buy milk with promos and it works but heard from others that it wasn't so I tried yesterday and it did not work - confirmed with cashier that Milk - 'no longer worked' - I still did a shop and combined all of my points offers and earned over 38000 points with all together - the combination thing is NOT an issue - you can view my receipts in the 'best shopper's shop' thread for yesterday - you are definitely right to ask them to try - I rarely run into a cashier who doesn't do it but if I do I just give them the sweet smile and 'well, would you mind trying - if it works, then great and if not no big deal' - and then I always show the receipt after to them so they learn that of course it works!
    I agree. it is not problem of not combining, more like SDM narrowed categories. I used to buy milks with this coupon and always worked until this time

I called CS this morning and they added the points manually. they did not know why it was not working

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Milk definitely counted for me yesterday. I had coupon for 4000 pts wus $20 on food/snacks.

The items I bought towards the $20 were:
    2 x Kraft PB @ 2.99 each
    1 x NN butter @ 2.99
    1 x Campbell's soup @ 0.49 (had personalised coupon for that)
    1 x Ristorante pizza @ 3.99 (they were out of Delissio, but I had a manufacturer coupon for this)
    2 x Smartfood popcorn @ 1.99 each
    1 x 4L Neilson milk at 3.77 (SDM coupon)

Total before manufacturer's coupons = $21.20. I received my 4000 points, so my milk counted.

The other items I bought were definitely not food/snacks, as they were dish soap, cough syrup and ibuprofen.
    ROMEO, lecale, amira84 and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Milk definitely counted for me yesterday. I had coupon for 4000 pts wus $20 on food/snacks.

The items I bought towards the $20 were:
    2 x Kraft PB @ 2.99 each
    1 x NN butter @ 2.99
    1 x Campbell's soup @ 0.49 (had personalised coupon for that)
    1 x Ristorante pizza @ 3.99 (they were out of Delissio, but I had a manufacturer coupon for this)
    2 x Smartfood popcorn @ 1.99 each
    1 x 4L Neilson milk at 3.77 (SDM coupon)

Total before manufacturer's coupons = $21.20. I received my 4000 points, so my milk counted.

The other items I bought were definitely not food/snacks, as they were dish soap, cough syrup and ibuprofen.
    That's interesting it def. did not work with my 8000/$30 promo and had to replace it to get the coupon to accept snd cashier acknowledged it didn't work for other customers. It makes me wonder if it's a coding glitch for the 8000 coupon as opposed to the 4000 coupon - I'll have to keep trying next time I get a similar promo- thanks!
    ROMEO, lecale and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am so frustrated trying to use 6000 for $20 Snacks & Candy. You would think it would be easy with all the holiday chocolate and stuff. But I have tried twice now and the coupon wouldn't take. I was told that Kellogg's pastry crisps and cracker chips were not snacks, nor was chip dip (yet the chips I got to go along were of course) nor was regular crackers. I kept adding christmas candy until I was up past $40 and each time she entered it in - FAIL! I gave up and cancelled the order because a big line was forming and it was getting embarrassing.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I am so frustrated trying to use 6000 for $20 Snacks & Candy. You would think it would be easy with all the holiday chocolate and stuff. But I have tried twice now and the coupon wouldn't take. I was told that Kellogg's pastry crisps and cracker chips were not snacks, nor was chip dip (yet the chips I got to go along were of course) nor was regular crackers. I kept adding christmas candy until I was up past $40 and each time she entered it in - FAIL! I gave up and cancelled the order because a big line was forming and it was getting embarrassing.
    yikes! I'd make a call - anything in the 'snack' aisle, excerpt pop, usually works!
    ROMEO, terry2144 and vw_girl like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Was the card scanned first I had a coupon bounce out because I hadn't scanned my card
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks Anna Michele and BCCheapMom. I did have my card scanned and received my base and product specific points, just issues with the personal offers. I ended up calling right after I posted this. The guy I spoke to was excellent. He put me on hold for about 10 mins but came back saying he and his co-workers had quite the debate about snack food. LOL Chip dip they all agreed is a snack..but pickles was 50/50. hee hee. He said there is no definitive list for "food" "snacks" or "candy" so he couldn't offer any insight to make future transactions easier but t call in and they would use common sense and credit me.

So I made a THIRD attempt on my way home and will have to call in... I was at $20.92 before taxes and the coupon was rejected by the til. When I asked the cashier for suggestions on what could possibly be the problem she just shrugged and said "Buy more?"
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wow. just read the whole thread. very interesting thoughts/experiences. but it has definitely made me scared to use food&snacks or candy&snacks coupons in the future. i used to buy four 6-pack cokes and two 4L milk jugs on food&snacks coupons but now i am just scared.....!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
    ROMEO, super807, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just wanted to leyt you know I called and got my points. While he agreed that it should qualify for hte bonus points, he also told me he would credit them this one timer only as a good will jesture?!? Like your system isnt adding stuff up correctly, so its goodwill for you to give me what was offered to me?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Nice one lecale. LOL!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

This is ridiculous, got back from SDM. I got a 6000 points on candy and snacks coupon, so I picked all Ruffles chips, granola bars, quaker rice chips, and chocolate bar. Subtotal over $21 but the coupon got automatically voided. Cashiers tried everything but didn't go through. Said I have to call HO later so I leave most of the stuffs behind as I don't want to take chances with $20 worth of junk foods. I am going to call HO for clarification on what's included under the "candy and snacks" category.

Maybe SDM consider those as food and not snacks?????
    Last edited by Decaf; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    This is ridiculous, got back from SDM. I got a 6000 points on candy and snacks coupon, so I picked all Ruffles chips, granola bars, quaker rice chips, and chocolate bar. Subtotal over $21 but the coupon got automatically voided. Cashiers tried everything but didn't go through. Said I have to call HO later so I leave most of the stuffs behind as I don't want to take chances with $20 worth of junk foods. I am going to call HO for clarification on what's included under the "candy and snacks" category.

Maybe SDM consider those as food and not snacks?????
    I think someone said granola bars dont qualify
    I can understand if it would fall under food
    free*is*best and Decaf like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information