User Tag List

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -just awfull insane
    -well day 2 of staying in -too cold -have to babysit on friay awy
    -well I am copying frugalbigmama just posted 12 items on kijiji - a few winter stuff -hopefully it sells -clearing out the house bit by bit
    -using up stuff in my freezer too-being frugal this month
    stay warm coupon girl, I'm trying to be extra frugal this month too, enjoy your day tomorrow with Ashlyn
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Kind of a bummer day here-pun intended. But it is getting better! Was scheduled for a routine, sedated colonoscopy this a.m.-never fun at the best of times with all the prep, starving etc. Mind you I am sure it is much better than cancer, which they aim to detect early! Long story short, after 5 nurses and one doctor poked me 7 times they couldn't get the IV in so my choices were to have it done unsedated or to prep again and come back another day and they might be able to get the IV in -or not. So I went with the unsedated to get it over with but having had it done both ways I much prefer the sedated-maybe I am a wimp! Anyway after the 7 pokes perhaps my pain tolerance wasn't very high. I think when you don't get a chance to mentally prepare yourself it is tougher-anyway I asked for my husband to be allowed back with me before and after as I was starting to feel like a human pin cushion. Silly as it sounds I just wanted him there for my own reassurance and for him not to be wondering out in the waiting room what was taking so long. For him to know I was okay, albeit slow and I should be done before he had to run down and plug the meter again and that he would be in time for work. Glad it is all done and won't likely need again for several years. I can relax for the rest of the day-as they say alls well that ends well. End of my pity party! P.S. Andit and others-I am sure you have been through far worse than this, so I should hardly complain!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OI Lizzie, not sure i could ever do that.. kudos to you.. did they let your husband in for support?

its freakin cold here. all the heaters going and um still not warm..
    almost considering jumping in the dryer for a quick spin... no just kidding.

its supposed to be almost 'balmy' next week. haha.
    man im so not looking forward to doing groceries tomorrow.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Mrs S-not into the procedure room but into the holding bay before and after-normally they only allow a family member back there if you are ESL and they are interpreting for you. But I think they felt bad for poking me so many times and requiring me to make an on the spot decision about proceeding so didn't dare deny my request to bend the rules! I guess I am what they call a "difficult poke"although they have always somehow managed in the past. Not my idea of a good time either but since I have a slight risk of cancer I figure it is worth going through the screening to avoid/prevent the alternative-short term pain for long term gain!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I guess this using what we have on hand is working. My oldest just opened the fridge and stated it was empty. He is right.
    Hopefully everyone is staying warm in this deep freeze.
    Lizzie: too bad about being a human pincushion, but you are correct. Better to do it now then deal with whatever could happen. I was in my late 30’s the 1st time I had a mammogram & after *****in about the pain I took a deep breath (literally) with a family history like mine it is a necessary evil.
    FBM: thanks for the tip about the chicken at RCSS being good. I picked up two cases (earning 5000 points). I am back to 100.00 on my card so that for this week’s grocery adventure.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh lizzie those procedures like you said are not pleasant or comfortable AND they do get painful (I am a wimp) when they bloat you up with the gas and you are not sedated. Happened to me once, I didn't know any better and needed to go to work afterwards so I decided to do without the sedation (never again).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well dh & I did our errands this am and then off to see the surgeon so soon I will no longer have a gull bladder been so sick with this on and off for the last 2 years. I also spoke to him again about my under arms and well he's not too keen to do the procedure again as he says the infection that I have is very difficult to get rid off with medication and/or surgery. He implied to just touch it out as the is a very great chance that another of these outbreaks will appear within 2 weeks of surgeries like the last time so really given it some serious thought.

Made a pot of soup this afternoon to warm us up and I won't lie I got to use some odds & ends (from freezer) for stock, threw in 2 packages previously opened noodles that were in the pantry , used a can of canned tomatoes.....loving cleaning the pantry and freezer BEST PART IS NO ADDED EXPENSES

Going to put up the trim around the closet door in Jaden's current room tomorrow. DH is going to sand the drywall mud on the ceiling downstairs in Jaden's soon to be new room. Also he will do some sanding on his walls as well. Then hopefully over the weekend we will be painting the ceiling and walls.....atleast that's the plan

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and spectacular weekend

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nancy I had my gall bladder out years ago (my daughter was 2)-oh it was so much pain before it came out -well a no show from kijiji tonight -man it is so hard to sell a few things lately -or maybe its the people draw in

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Lizzie you are a brave girl!! I have to have that procedure done every year because i had some precancerous polyps removed a few years ago, I dread it because the stuff you have to drink makes me so sick i usually end up throwing up all night, my surgeon said we will try something different next time. But nothing to relax you, wow.
    I bought a pattern today for a coupon purse, I don't coupon enough anymore to use a binder and I am tired of lugging mine around, I don't trade often so i am only keeping coupons for products we use, I have found there is more savings in cutting out the processed foods, I buy some things because I have teenagers in the house and it is convenient on busy days but we just don't need most of it in the house!I need to look in my fabric stash to see what I am going to make it out of.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just a heads-up - there's a recall in ON and QC for some apples

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397797-...a/#post6259156

J&C - can you get another opinion from a different doc about your underarm problem? It just seems very odd that nothing else can be done. Do you have a diagnosis?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thriftygranny we have cut out a lot of processed foods as well, I normally do pick up a few items each grocery shop for the hollow legged teenager called Jaden and for those nights where they don't like what I've made so they can throw something together if they'd like, good luck with coupon wallet

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congrats to your friend! Did she know she was having a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    A sick teacher called me at 7:20 this morning to teach at a Catholic school in town. I told the staff about my pregnancy. I have been receiving congratulations. My friend had her baby boy this morning, on her due date. He has lots of long hair, no name yet.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=Natalka;6260106]Just a heads-up - there's a recall in ON and QC for some apples

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397797-...a/#post6259156

Thanks for alerting us! I checked out bag of apples but was pleased to find that they grew just down the road from us on the ridge by Lake Erie. I actually performed a wedding in that orchard last spring! So we're safe. Thanks!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I finally got some sleep this morning. went to bed at 5:30 and slept til 12:00. Was going to get groceries this afternoon but got a lazy on so I looked at the list and decided there wasn`t anything we couldn`t do without. I need to use more from the freezer instead of putting more in.

Lizzie you are a brave soul but I guess sometimes we have to bite the bullet and do the evil thing.

Nancy it sounds like you`re making good progress with the renos. I had my gall bladder out in 1994. Was so glad to get rid of it. These days it`s not a big deal. When I got mine out they had to do a big incision because they couldn`t find it.

Saundyl hope those meds work for you.

MrsS Glad you`re enjoying your crochet lessons. Hope you like your crochet club. It would be great to see what others are working on. I had thought of doing that at one time but since I sell my work I`m kept busy doing the same things. My big adventure is trying out a new afghan pattern. lol

Natalka Is your eye improving any? I can`t remember the last time I had a sty but I do know they can be painful.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Gail VAz Oxlade is running a "contest". I'm thinking of doing it, mostly to give me the kick I need to get our financial house in order.

http://gailvazoxlade.com/blog/?p=6613
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information