User Tag List

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Andi, so sorry I missed your birthday!

If you put the date in your About Me section it will come up on the SC feed!

Hoping everyone has a great day! It should get up to zero today!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I think I may brave the cold and checkout "winners"-need to maybe spend my giftcard

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Nice and sunny here, Quincy cat has claimed the prime napping spot. Good thing Lily dog is too preoccupied squeaking her toy in my ear to notice.

Not sure whether to nap with Quincy or play with Lily, I can't seem to find any motivation to do chores. Maybe later. Once I've played with one, then napped with the other. Then I'll be too tired to vacuum. I sometimes wonder if I keep the brats around as a good excuse to avoid housework.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Andi, so sorry I missed your birthday!

If you put the date in your About Me section it will come up on the SC feed!
    OK, I feel like an idiot, but where do I put the date? I know I signed up with the info & it was there before & I haven't made changes...wonder if the cat has been on the computer again?

NM, after doing some digging, I figured it out. Sort of (not sure if I'll ever find my way back since I didn't leave a trail of liver treats which the brats would have polished off anyway). It appears my settings were hidden from view. I think.

Needless to say, it's time for a nap.
    Last edited by Andit; Wed, Jan 14th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Another cold day, patiently waiting for the weekend when it is supposed to warm up a little bit.

Today is Mom's Birthday so we will be taking her out after work for dinner, there is a new Chinese Buffet we are going to take her too. We have heard good things about their restaurant but within the last year another restaurant in their plaza closed down and they took over this space and turned it into a buffet, there is another store in between them so they are run as two separate businesses. So we will try this and see how they are. We used to always take Mom to Mandarin but the last 2 times we were in we were not impressed, they have changed a lot of dishes and not for the better in our opinion, as well we have noticed that at times they are quite slow at refilling the buffet, just all and all the experience there seems to be changing and not in a good way. So we will try something new and see how it goes.

Trying to get everything organized at work for my time away plus with the change in Order Desk staff some jobs are being shifted again so writing manuals for the changes. I find writing manuals very difficult, I find I cannot express myself the way I want to in writing (always been an issue for me not just in manuals), I am much better speaking to someone vs writing what I want to say. So I find this challenging plus I have been told my manuals are too detailed and scare people so I am trying to cut back but I always feel like I am forgetting something important.

As for Money saved on Gas, I do not drive a lot in the winter $20/week does me with letting my car warm up in the morning and afternoon when leaving work, in summer I go about a week and half on $20. Right now only changes I have noticed is my car is full with less than $20 but the savings are minimal and I do not track them.

Hope everyone has a good day, time to get back to my manuals.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Still a cold one here today. I really need to wash my vehicle so I hope it warms up soon!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good morning..
    well plans for today, go through a few more items, post. including xmas items. 8 bins. OI!
    well it seems that plans for saturday are getting busy.
    in addition to moms 80th 'surprise' party. were now booked into attending BIL's bday. going to be a busy one.
    after getting quotes. i've decided to attempt the cake myself.. i know. im crazy.

i'll have to have it baked today/tomorrow. freeze it so when its iced its easier.
    make some icing. white/peach. simple. ya ya sure.
    sold a few items last night. hoping to do more this week.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My sister is the cake baker in our family! Saves me the time and $$ But she doesn't really cook so this is her thing. We make dinner, she makes the sweets!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy belated birthday Andit.

Found out yesterday that my BIL had a heart attack the night before. He coded 5 minutes after my niece got him to the hospital. They did an angioplasty yesterday and put in a stent. SIL said he was stabilized last night before they came home.

Found some new patterns on towels at Dollarama yesterday. Funny, the small things that make you do the happy dance. lol
    Andit, Lynn49, Ciel and 5 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

holy Crochetlady. hope he's going to be ok.

we decided were getting a cake from costco. a black velvet one. we know they taste good.
    just hate the fact you have to order in person, ridiculous. if you lived out of town of someone you want to surprise with a personalized cake your screwed. they need to change that. with the technology of today, they should come up with a space on their website to allow for this. first thing in the morning, print off the orders. done. wow how hard is that.
    now dh has to go out of his way across town to put our order in before he heads to work. thank goodness he's flexible.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Work today. Hockey for one boy tonight. Cadets was cancelled. Making Pulled Pork for super. The boys will eat by 5:00 because they do papers with their mom (The money they make with it all goes to spending money for when they are with her so BF tells her she has to do it with them if she wants them to be doing it)

I'm really tempted to whipup some double chocolate muffins over lunch. I think im in a chocolate kind of mood....and NOT in the mood to pay 3.50 a muffin at the "Coffee Shop" here in town.

I saw an article that Gail Vax Oxlade shared regarding Keruig and Tassimo coffee. Its valid in saying some of the coffees arent really a savings BUT that article doesnt take into account that some people just dont drink a whole pot of drip coffee (i make terrible coffee so the whole pot ends up tossed....or i drink 2 cups and the other 4 of the 6 i thought i might drink gets tossed) OR that some people arent a convenient 5-10 minutes away from a fast food or coffee joint that sells coffee for a under a dollar like the K cups i purchase work out to. I find if i make a cup at a time it doesnt go to waste...its fresh everytime and I dont have to go to the Coffee place thats freakishly expensive. The nearest Tims is 3 hours away MacDonalds is 5 hours away and Starbucks is 9 hours away....
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

,or buy the re-useable filter for the keurig and still make one cup at a time but with your own coffee.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady glad that your bil made in to the hospital so they could take great care of him, hope he has a speaking recovery and feels much better in no time
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. the cakes at Costco are good and the prices are quite reasonable good choice but I do agree they should take orders online but I guess the other point would be no shows and the cakes are made and not picked up, however, if a credit card was given then there would be no issues but a forgetful mind (lol). Great job on your sales so far for your household cleanup

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Dh said he didn't feel like painting today but wanted to clean , loving his new outlook (haha) and determination to purge/clean/get things done.

I took out dh's rubbermaids form under the stairs out as I thought let's try as dh is in the purging mood. He went through his 4 rubbermaids from under the stairs and purged 3 (kept 1). So he now has a total of 2 rubbermaids vs. the 11 he had , I think I am going to give him a gold star . See Mrs. S. it just takes years of patience and the right timing and striking when the iron is hot (lol). Dh keeps saying I don't know why I kept all this stuff, it just didn't make any sense but again he says I guess I just wasn't in the frame of mind to deal with the bins, so timing is absolutely keep.

While pulling all the bins out from under the stairs I made sure all sides (front and back) and opposite corners had labels for easy view, so everything is clearly identified and put 2015 on them as well so next year, we'll pull them out and start again .

All leftovers with the exception of enough soup for my lunch tomorrow are all gone from the fridge .

I am following lilo's lead and getting dh to pull the freezer away from the wall and unplug, I will fill the empty rubbermaids with the frozen foods from the stand up freezer and stick outside as it's -24 here today and hopefully by bedtime I can do a wipe down of the freezer and re-organize it with the goods from the Rubbermaid. Our chest freezer doesn't need to be done yet so won't worry about that for a while. But the stand up has quite iceburgs going on so a little kick in the pants is what I need, thanks lilo

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information