User Tag List

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ANDI!!! If I hadn't clicked on this thread out of curiosity, I'd have never known it was your birthday!!
    It sounds like you were nicely spoiled, and I'm pretty sure Lily and Quincy were on their best behavior! Well...I'm at least pretty sure Lilly-dog was!

Crochetlady, how fortunate that your BIL's surgery was successful. My hubby's had that done twice, then had his heart-valve replaced with a mechanical one and that was years ago, and he's in top shape, golfs every day in the summer (walks for exercise)...all the best to your BIL, Hon! Btw: there's a gal in the TeaRoom asking for crochet help...I'm of no help whatsoever, but I'm sure you'll be able to give her some advice...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 14th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley good luck with the manuals, remember we are are own toughest critic (hope that makes sense) meaning we are always more critical of ourselves
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went on a shopping spree today winners (all free at winners cause I had a gift card) carters for some cheap clothing2.99 tops,7.99 pants -gonna send a gift to hubby's nefews kids in edmonton
    -then over to walmart -for a few deals
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 06:41 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Happy belated birthday Andit.

Found out yesterday that my BIL had a heart attack the night before. He coded 5 minutes after my niece got him to the hospital. They did an angioplasty yesterday and put in a stent. SIL said he was stabilized last night before they came home.

Found some new patterns on towels at Dollarama yesterday. Funny, the small things that make you do the happy dance. lol
    Hoping your BIL is okay, will keep him in my prayers.
    My oldest sister's husband is also dealing with cardiac issues....

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im rather disappointed.
    costco no longer offers black forest cake. .
    so we ended up with a basic white cake. no peach flowers only roses. my hands were tied.
    so i picked up a 50% off belgian chocolate cake at NF's. plus a few other treats that were 50% . hope everyone is happy.

heck i couldn't even find a "nana' card. my word there are cards out there for ppl who are in a male/male relationship. but not one nana card.
    WOW!
    i finally found a card that with a little alteration will do quite nicely.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 9 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Shoppers Drug Mart is usually good for grandmother cards-not sure about Nana ones, @MrsSunshine . You do want some goodies for your mother's birthday and such touches do matter!
    @coupongirl -thanks for sharing some of the talk contents! There's a good point to examining loyalty cards-are they worth taking up space in your wallet or not. Things change and some programs last longer over time. Not sure I can pull off 85% used/15% new for clothing but I already know Value Village has been a help in a couple of things to date!
    @SassyAshley -nice to read that you are dining out with Mom tonight at a new place! Work seems to be a PITA. Almost want you to distill training to one post-It note that says-when you are entering a customer's order, it's just after this step that staff are missing important things. I bet your controller has sunshine vacation plans right after Feb. 28 or after you return from your vacation and he sends out the T4 slips!
    @Andit -great to have days out of the ordinary! This sunshine is just keeping the weather manageable so it's good to go out for short walks and get those errands done, done, done.
    @Crochetlady -what fortuitous timing that BIL was already at the hospital when he had that turn. Your niece was in the right place with healthcare staff.
    @jasperandchar -you are going for glory in the reno/cleanup depts! Treat yourself after the freezer cleanup. Yes, it's grand to see frozen formations gone from the freezer area. DH must really like his Rubbermaid totes!
    @Frugalbigmama -your crockpot is truly a great kitchen appliance! You are so due a night off from dinner/cleanup/washing-make an announcement that one night is YOUR turn with the tv remote in hand. The men will manage to make dinner/clear the table and deal with lunches?
    @Lilo - glad you and your pet got through the vet visit. Might you have leftover points from your cards to buy groceries if you want not to spend more cash due to the vet bill/medicine? You had an impressive December with your various "other money" options!

I was looking over an article about micronutrition-the importance of proteins/amino acids, B6, vitamin C, zinc etc. for hair, skin and cellular repair. I realized that the spinach-bacon quiche from a cookbook would cover just about all of them in one dish. I realize now that I have not been having sufficient protein thus the hair is reflecting on that along with stress. Just have to work up enthusiasm to make the crust and get some spinach.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No ticket won tonight's Lotto 6-49 jackpot, based on numbers posted a little while ago. I did manage to match two numbers so there's a free play ticket for Saturday's draw.
    Do hope the jackpot on Sat. is won by a few tickets-one can still do a spree with $5M!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C: I am glad I was able to spread my motivation, especially since it you are usually our biggest cheerleader. I do like the tidiness and lack ice burgs in the freezer.
    Ciel: thankfully I started budgeting last fall and have an account for all pups expense. Since he has only needed dog food and we have taken him with us on the overnight trips the fund covered this trip and will still be ok for the spring routine check up. He has been good about not licking it, this is a good thing. If he was licking it would have meant one of those cones and the embarrassment. That comes with it
    another solo dinner tonight, this time the train was stuck on the tracks...the joy of being a commuter. I think I was almost an hour later than I had hoped.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oops-I was looking at the Jan. 10 results that had no winning jackpot ticket. Jan. 14 results have not shown how many tickets won which prizes yet (still calculating).

Guess I'll get the ticket when I go to get the Food & Drink magazine (forgot to get it today!).

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Natalka, that's a beautiful church- cathedral!
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

45 MINUTE S left of being 63.

Will (he) still need me?
    Will (he) still feed me?
    When I'm 64?
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 10 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post

Will (he) still need me?
    Will (he) still feed me?
    When I'm 64?
    Ha that is too funny Avon, have a wonderful Birthday tomorrow!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy birthday Avon.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post

Will (he) still need me?
    Will (he) still feed me?
    When I'm 64?
    YES!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avon happy happy birthday

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information