User Tag List

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-only went to shoppers today-sent a gift from here to st.albert,alberta for my hubby's nefew's 2 small kiddies -cost me 15.23 in a shoebox -thank goodness I have venture one
    -son called and asked if I could watch "ashlyn" at 9.30 -he has a friend coming to do backsplash in the kitchen
    -sat have funeral mass -an hen daughter invited us for supper in Toronto with my son-in law's parents too -yumm cant wait
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I had 2 pick ups today and $16 for the crap sold jar! Dr Seuss books bring big bucks
    Those were my favourites when I was a kid.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Me too. A little sad that DS wanted them to go. Oh well. Can always borrow from the library

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Looked over the sale flyers. Strawberries for sure! Fresh mushrooms! Not too much else for me
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@lilo0003 - uh extra deductions killed my budget too
    @Lynn49 - please drop in and chat more, you know I think you are the bees knees

Budget update - have closed the gap a little more, another $20 sale for me and $45 car job for DH
    -Budget breaker - hubby's car bit the dust, when the mechanic says it's done, it's done. We bought a new (to us) mini-van tonight. We were planning the purchase but weren't quite ready. Initially, we wanted to see where income tax fell this year, as we usually get a refund. Were going to budget our savings and refund for van purchase and home renos. Home renos on hold now, they will be dependent on a refund and savings have gone toward vehicle. We are paying 70% cash and 30% on the line of credit.

-New financial goal - pay off line of credit in a year.

-Other good news - DH got a part-time job to help do this and no child care will be required.

Should be a little stressed, but honestly, just excited. I feel like good things are coming our way.

The van is a VW Routan 2009...hubs and I are v-dub fans.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 10:16 PM.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 12 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger, so sorry you've had a few bumps in the journey of being young and balancing life!!but a huge congrats on the VW, so cool!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Just loaded my pc plus offers and got 400pts for old mill bagels and they are on for 88 cents at No Frills. Lilo and FBM how many do u think I should buy lol... Maybe I should measure my chest freezer and see how many would fit haha.

Last week I got 200 pts for no name canned veggies. They were 63 cents so I bought a case of 24 corn and got 4800 pts I also had 300 pts for no name apple juice and was also going to buy at least 12 - 24 but they only had 3 left

I'm loving pc plus Its soooo much easier than couponing or rebate apps.

Last week alone I earned over 30000 pts (22500 pts was from the bonus offer of 7500 points for every $20 spent on health and beauty). Awesome
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 06:58 AM.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

bobbie, you are so lucky with all those points! Since our Extras switched to Independents, we aren't so lucky with pts anymore - just not as good shopping there at all, it's sad.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    So freaking happy it is Friday, I am not sure why but I have been so freaking tired this week and worst off I am sleeping. Sounds funny right but I do not know when I am having sleep troubles I get being tired I understand it makes sense, but right now I am sleeping, I am sleeping all night and still wake up tired which is not just getting annoying.

Decided to prove Mom wrong last night as she is annoying me, I just want to scream do you know the F****** date you have less than 15 days to get everything out of storage as there is no money to pay for it next month. She is acknowledging what needs to be done but is doing nothing to get any of it done yet as she keeps coming up with excuses as to why she cannot. So I got pissed and decided to prove her wrong that if she took the time and looked, one there is a bunch of stuff in our L (our storage space in our basement) that can be thrown out and two if it is reorganized we could fit so much more in there. Both points have now been proven, down side she is now working the next 4 days and will do nothing at home if she has to work. Might see if I can push her to help me tonight. I am happy she is seeing the issues and acknowledging it but now I need her help and well my B***** side might come out. Honestly more than anything I am freaking out about how much money she is going to ask for come the first of the month when all her bills come out because again next week she has 13 hours. Our deal was she would not look for a job in January but clean the house full force so we would be out of the storage unit and have functioning house again making up any downfall trying to sell things well so far she has given me mostly magazines to sell which will bring in next to no money especially since they are mostly Christmas ones and no one wants those in January.

I am trying not to get stressed out and not care but as you can see that is not going so well because with each passing day I just feel like the money she will need to "borrow" is going up especially since considering she is apparently broke but she keeps spending money. I so need a Till Debit Do Us part intervention because obviously she is spending WAY more each month than she makes.

Hope everyone has a great day, I am off to count down the hours until this day is over.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

If any of the kitty lovers missed last night's Nature of Things, The Lion in your Living Room is available online now (http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2648075635/). Not a bad documentary, although I disagreed with a few points (the whole thing about them being solitary, for one - if indeed they are solitary, why do cat colonies form?).

Still playing catch-up - it's amazing how many things get piled up when one plays hooky from chores for a couple of weeks. I was getting frustrated with my lack of energy & ambition, until bff reminded me that I did spend the last year dealing with that darn recurring infection, not to mention recovering from 4 surgeries. Then she reminded me I was an old bat on my b-day (she's 11 months younger than me). Good thing we share the same sense of humour.

Off to convince my wannabe lion to hunt his kibble.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bobbiegirl- RE: Bagels! Buy as many as you will eat and as long as they will not be freezer burnt!. Grab extra produce bags so you can triple wrap them for the freezer Love PC points! Off to see what my deals are if any
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh Ashley. . in all seriousness I would send an email off to Gail... who knows maybe she can help you and your mom out.. or at least give Mom a wake up call.

two more pick ups today. yay.
    still waiting for our flyers.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Good morning!

bobbie, you are so lucky with all those points! Since our Extras switched to Independents, we aren't so lucky with pts anymore - just not as good shopping there at all, it's sad.

Have a great day, everyone!
    We have had an Independent for a couple of years now and you're right about selection etc, however if you ever have a chance to go first thing in the morning it is awesome for the marked down meat and produce, a lot of times I can't even tell why the produce is reduced, it may just be my store but I love combining the points for produce and getting it at 50% off, I really hope they don't go the 30% off route as superstore has done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ashley, I think it is time to get your brother involved to help you, like a mini family intervention, the muscles wouldn't hurt to get some of the hoarding issues out of the basement.I think it will be a weight of the world off once you share this issue with someone. He is her son so he needs to make time to help, no excuses.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh Ashley. . in all seriousness I would send an email off to Gail... who knows maybe she can help you and your mom out.. or at least give Mom a wake up call.

two more pick ups today. yay.
    still waiting for our flyers.
    You go Mrs. sunshine!!!You are just getting it done!!Fantastic.

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information