User Tag List

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My price for grapes is .99LB or less. I never pay more then that. Last week I bought 5 LB clementines for $3.77 (and they were really nice!) and 8Lb bag of apples for $3.77. I have a pineapple on my counter rotting that I paid $1.97 for. Need to cut that up tonight!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

it really sucks that when your trying to eat healthier in the winter months....its more expensive.
    $5 for the same bundle of asparagus as we all paid $2 or less in the summer?

thankfully between 5 different flyers we PM nearly a 1/3 of our groceries last night.
    we threw in stuff we don't normally get, merely for convenience.
    a little more than i like to spend but we walked out with 10 grocery bags worth.
    between all that and what we still had in the freezers.. (minus potatoes, they didnt' have any 'dirty white' ones)
    we should be good for a bit.

so got a call from mom yesterday when my family left in the morning after her party, her basement was leaking.
    yay. so going to check that out today to see if she needs anything. furniture moved. etc.
    thankfully they have insurance and my sister/BIL were there to help clean up the water. hoping it isnt' too much damage.

anyway. need to tidy up. didn't get much done this week at least as i had thought.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I won't pay the high price for asparagus even though I love it. I just try and get my fill of it when its on sale ($2 LB and under is what I will pay) I still eat healthy just shop the sales. My new fav is the green beans they have at Costco. I bought a bag before Christmas and we made sure to use them up. So will pick some up for sure next time we go.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

very thoughtful of your friend coupon girl
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great news crochetlady!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thriftygranny good luck with your rehab and take it easy, I couldn't imagine working in a bakery my a*s would be the size of a tractor (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit good luck and take it easy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

shwa girl, I haven't done that but we do flatten out the tube completely but might attempt this out of curiousity

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have certain prices for fruits & veggies that I am willing to pay otherwise we buy something else, I have started to really embrass the frozen veggies as I am the only one who really eats them anyways and a bag goes a long way with portions for 1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have certain prices for fruits & veggies that I am willing to pay otherwise we buy something else, I have started to really embrass the frozen veggies as I am the only one who really eats them anyways and a bag goes a long way with portions for 1
    I buy mostly frozen in the winter months and even that out with the pink stickered fruit and veggies at Independent. I don't love frozen in a stir fry but I love using the coleslaw mix in stir fries and add some snow peas or mushrooms and that makes a really frugal stirfry, add some brown rice noodles and some crushed peanuts and is it awesome! We try to eat between 8-10 servings a day of fruit and veggies so it gets pricey if you aren't careful.
    As far as the bakery job and and a$$ the size of a tractor, I have to be very careful but I let myself have something once a week, usually a black forest turnover, I bring it home and split with my DH!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I like frozen PC fruits when they are on sale for $3.99. The 4 berry blend is my favorite but sometimes I like only raspberries or the occasional tropical fruit mix. Will occassionally get the wild blueberries (not liking the stained teeth look but antioxidants help the body do well).

Vegetables-prefer carrots/cauliflower and potatoes (mashed, sliced and baked with oil/herbs, and occasional baked one but there are always too many leftover and they taste lousy cold). Sweet potato mash-easy to cook/make; just add spices and yum!
    Mom has a honey graham cracker pudding dessert with apples. Her last attempt last week looked awful as she made the no-name vanilla pudding with water rather than milk as indicated. outcome-oozy looking yellow pudding"glaze." The apple slices she had cooked some way-they were soft and pleasantly seasoned. At this time of year, applesauce (easy to make a mash after a quick cooking), applecoffee cake or apple crumble are apple go-to recipes if I don't want to eat a fresh apple.

@ShwaGirl - not I have not opened a tube of toothpaste recently. I heartily endorse regular paste or any paste with granules for helping to remove adhesive/automotive grease/shoe polish on palms (dry paste, scrub, then rinse with warm water and repeat if needed).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Hope everyone is having a good day. Just going to make a couple of batches of Scones and will drop off one at Moms later this afternoon. Have some clothes to purge and ended up getting side-tracked this morning sorting cards and envelopes, wrapping paper/tissue,tags,etc. After 1 hr I put them in a big box and that will be for a day I don't have other things to purge. Soooo easy to get side-tracked. I want to clear out the big stuff first. Well, back I go to see how much I can get done today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The secretary contacted me, so I am now teaching Grade 5 tomorrow to match my pre-booked pre-K.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Last edited by MrsSunshine; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Changed up my lunch. Eggs, English muffin and an apple! I am really tying to cut out sugar. So far so good!
    I bought mushrooms for .99 (2 packs) at Giant Tiger on my way back to work and rye bread for $1.99 (no sugar Yippee). Omelette with mushrooms and green onion with toasted rye is my lunch fall back this week.

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information