User Tag List

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We watch 48 hours and other shows like that and they really scare me too. One guy killed his 3rd wife and they thought maybe they should investigate how wife #1 and #2 died. Yeah it was him. Geez.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

was prowling the flyer thread and waiting to pounce on the SDM flyer ONTARIO (20x points this Saturday when u spend $50.00) so thought I would share with you guys, the flyer is really good for me this time around

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/398408-...a/#post6284234
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What are you buying at SDM Nancy? Mostly food items?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hmmm I could probably spend $50 too. 4 x $3.99 for toilet paper and the rest food. They sell lean beef frozen for $10 (I think its just 3Lbs) not the best deal but at least I could make homemade burgers for the bbq for a yummy dinner

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    was prowling the flyer thread and waiting to pounce on the SDM flyer ONTARIO (20x points this Saturday when u spend $50.00) so thought I would share with you guys, the flyer is really good for me this time around

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/398408-...a/#post6284234
    thanks for posting, Celebration cookies for 1.88, DH loves them & I have a coupon.. I may shelf clear
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I need a little help from all of you. My husband is on leave for next 12 days, he is home, he is awake mostly at night and sleeps throughout the day. We (me and kids) keeps waking him up to play with us during the day etc.

Bytnow that he IS awake right now, he says he is getting bored. Our son is in the school, i am at home with him and our daughter, he doesnt want to get his butt off the couch.

My question to other stay at home moms is what do you do when your husbanbs are on leave. What activities do hou do? Besides...ahem ahem......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Go for a walk, play with the kids, take the kids swimming, skating etc, bake or cook together for the freezer for busy days, start to prepare your paperwork for taxes, do some volunteer work/offer to help a senior etc. You could take a few days off and let him manage the kids and cooking if he is bored ! Send him or take him with you to the grocery store. He may just be lacking in ideas since he is usually at work on week days. Are there any less frequent chores he usually does that could be caught up on- oil changes, changing furnace filters, haricuts, minor house repairs etc. Honestly if he can't think of anything to do hand him a list and get him busy!

Or(lol) send him over here-even though my DH and I are mostly retired we never seem to run out of things to do!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What are you buying at SDM Nancy? Mostly food items?
    too much

Royale tp $3.99 x2
    Dole juice or Lipton ice tea (treat) 12x355ml cans $3.99 x 2
    Dayquil $7.99 will see if this is on checkout51
    life brand paper towels .59 x 2
    bandaids 2/$9.00 (we're out so will get some for home & cottage) = $18.00
    mouthwash
    Leclerc $1.88 x 4
    babywipes $6.99 (don't ask )
    wonderbread $1.88 x4
    eggs x2 $1.88
    butter $2.99 (no limit I think) so x8
    no name 500g cheese $4.99 not great price but I'm getting low
    pop cans $3.30 x4 (I love my pop)
    Ruffles/Doritos 2 for $4.00 limit of 4 = $8.00 (I know I shouldn't but can't resist, we need a treat)

need to do the math
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes a lot lol. I would love the chips too but I ate most of them last time they were on sale and bought 2. Love sour cream and bacon ruffles! I blame my friend. She brought them boating in the summer so we ate them while we tanned on boat and the boys went to explore the island we parked at lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need cheese too so may grab one as welland use it sparingly until a good sale.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I need a little help from all of you. My husband is on leave for next 12 days, he is home, he is awake mostly at night and sleeps throughout the day. We (me and kids) keeps waking him up to play with us during the day etc.

Bytnow that he IS awake right now, he says he is getting bored. Our son is in the school, i am at home with him and our daughter, he doesnt want to get his butt off the couch.

My question to other stay at home moms is what do you do when your husbanbs are on leave. What activities do hou do? Besides...ahem ahem......
    My husband was off for almost three weeks til last week.

I let him be for a while - he stayed up late watching movies, slept in, etc.

Then he got bored after about four days. He started doing laundry, going through clothes, boxes, etc. He cooked a few meals. He helped me cook - which was really nice. He went through the van (used for work) and organized all his tools.

I made sure I didn't give him a honey-do list, because they were his holidays after all. Hmmm... I guess I would 'suggest' things nicely...
    However, it ended up he sure got a lot done - things he wanted, and lots of stuff for the home as well.

BUT since you have kids, talk to him and make sure he understands how important it is for him to spend time with them. Have him (or you if he won't) plan something that he can do together with both of them - without you - or one at a time, depending upon their ages.

Make sure you and him get couple time, as well. I know I found that once my husband was off four-five days, he was SO much more relaxed than just a weekend off can give him - he was just so much less tense once work was out of his head.

Since you say 'on leave', I'm guessing your husband usually works away from home? Then that's even more important that there be family and couple time!

Good luck!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes a lot lol. I would love the chips too but I ate most of them last time they were on sale and bought 2. Love sour cream and bacon ruffles! I blame my friend. She brought them boating in the summer so we ate them while we tanned on boat and the boys went to explore the island we parked at lol
    They are my fave chips as well!

Have a funny story about them - when I was pregnant (yes, a loooong time ago), we were living in Lloydminster and one night late I had a serious craving for them. However, I couldn't remember the exact flavour name, so I think I told him they were sour cream, cheesey... (pre-internet, so there was no googling....)

My husband went out to however many stores were open that late and I'm sure there were 10 packages of chips - with every combination of sour cream and cheese, and YES, the right ones were there!!!
    What a honey he was! (still is!)

Ah, supper roasting smells so good - chicken pieces, potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots.... can't wait. Sometimes these simple suppers are just the best!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I went for a lovely sunny walk this afternoon -8 here but I walked around the block -its hard to do -icy patches on sidewalk -one dog scared the crap outa me by barking -picked up a beer can down the street -makes the neighbourhood look better plus 20 cents a can ( I think)so I was out for 18 minutes -the sun felt glorious
    -didn't go out In the car at all today -cleaned- finished a book,posted 2 more things on kijiji
    -got my 45.00 checkout51 cheque today

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

amira..i guess it depends on what kind of 'leave' is he on.
    is he on holidays or just left work due to a break from the company ( some do that after holidays)
    if he's on holidays, i'd allow him a break as well. give him the chance to 'clear his head' that what holiday's are for.
    however when my husband is on holidays he also understands our life still goes on.
    theres chores, errands that still need to be done. in addition to keeping the house clean.
    i'd also take some suggestions into light from the other ladies as well.
    if it were my guy by day 12, i'd be counting the hours til he's back to work lol.
    he never sits still when home. his mind is always going.
    good luck hun.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

While teaching at the Catholic school down the street today, I booked 2 more full days with them. One is next week Grade 4, the other is late Februrary in Grade 1.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information