User Tag List

Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Doing laundry has its moments and sometimes the familiarity of doing the task suits a mood or time.
    Confession time - I have never done laundry. When I lived at home, my Mom did all the laundry. When I moved out, my parents would come by once a week and bring their laundry along and use my nice new washer & dryer (no time of use in condos) and do laundry while cleaning (in my defence, I was quite sick & needed help...and the habit stuck ). 2 yrs ago, my washing machine broke and when I mentioned it to my bff, D was only too happy to pick up my laundry and do it for me (D's excuse to come downtown to the hip neighbourhood from the suburbs and have a bit of fun). I am so not domestic.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Andit - you are getting all that fresh air and Lily dog must be wanting a piece of the action. Quincy is keeping a low profile?
    Quincy cat refuses to go anywhere near the great outdoors in this weather, even with his coat on. Lily dog is more concerned that I am going out & eating yummy things and not bringing home a doggy bag.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    thanks for posting, Celebration cookies for 1.88, DH loves them & I have a coupon.. I may shelf clear

Oh, I love celebration cookies, too and I have a couple of coupons. That's the cheapest price I've seen them for a while!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    too much

Royale tp $3.99 x2
    Dole juice or Lipton ice tea (treat) 12x355ml cans $3.99 x 2
    Dayquil $7.99 will see if this is on checkout51
    life brand paper towels .59 x 2
    bandaids 2/$9.00 (we're out so will get some for home & cottage) = $18.00
    mouthwash
    Leclerc $1.88 x 4
    babywipes $6.99 (don't ask )
    wonderbread $1.88 x4
    eggs x2 $1.88
    butter $2.99 (no limit I think) so x8
    no name 500g cheese $4.99 not great price but I'm getting low
    pop cans $3.30 x4 (I love my pop)
    Ruffles/Doritos 2 for $4.00 limit of 4 = $8.00 (I know I shouldn't but can't resist, we need a treat)

need to do the math
    J&C - I think I've seen a coupon for "buy 2 dozen eggs and get ...hm ... maybe .75 off??? " I get confused, though, with the ones that I had to throw out at New Years.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    J&C - I think I've seen a coupon for "buy 2 dozen eggs and get ...hm ... maybe .75 off??? " I get confused, though, with the ones that I had to throw out at New Years.
    I just got mine from websaver. Not sure if it`s still available.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Crochetlady : I guess I just don't like how they make their pizzas at Small Town Pizza lol. They put the cheese over the toppings so the peppers and onions aren't as cooked as they would be on other pizzas. I don't particularly like raw onion so that's probably why I didn't like it lol. Maybe I should try an "onionless" pizza like Canadian next time.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I would love for our Zehrs to switch to RCSS I hope that rumour is true

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Nice weather here, it's been hovering around zero, but what comes with that is such dullness - yesterday I joined the cats in standing in a sunbeam in the kitchen in the afternoon!
    We are window-challenged, so it was great that it was warm enough to open both front and back doors to let in some air and the sun when it was there!

Milan is coming for supper tonight - yay! It's been excellent that he's been coming twice a week instead of the weekly he was doing previously. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Have lunch plans with a friend today. A larger group of us were supposed to get together Sunday - well, they did, I already had plans with another group of friends. I'm flattered everyone wants to spend time with me, I just wish they wouldn't all pick the same day. And while they would likely all get along, geography is a wretched thing (east enders vs west enders).

Better go see what my brats are up to, haven't told them yet that we're going away for the weekend to my Mom's (she's babysitting while I go out of town to my bff's aunt's 80th surprise party). They might spend the next 2 days crying at the door, waiting for our chauffeur to come.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I just used the coupon at FreshCo the other day - buy 2 dozen eggs, save $1. Should've waited for SDM, I paid $2 per carton (I was a happy camper with it being $1.50 after the coupon).

https://www.websaver.ca/en_ca/coupons/
    Last edited by Andit; Thu, Jan 22nd, 2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: eta link

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quality childcare is so frustrating to find. I can't believe in four months, I've had to look for three different childcare locations. We made the last switch at the beginning of January and now we're being told that we need to move again in the first week. We were so happy with this one. The food was fine (mommy sends it), LO hasn't caught any new colds (the place is so much cleaner), and the care workers actually play with and engage LO (she's actually trying to make baby talk now and make friends while the other place would generally leave her alone and encourage "independent play").

Even though this place has been voted best childcare in our big city for the past five years, they've been shut down because they're unregulated. The word "unregulated" doesn't sound appealing, but it's an obvious change from her old daycare where the workers didn't seem to want to be there. I remember staying there for several days with LO and the afternoon shift worker would go on her cellphone for two hours and leave me alone with the children while she went to the washroom. I could be a child molester for all she knew!

I'm a bit disappointed at having to do this all over again. Now we're on a waiting list that we have to pay to be on. Instead of cracking down on decent daycares, the government should be looking at regulated centres that make parents pay $75 to be on a wating list! Argh!! The only reason I feel compelled to pay it is because I don't want her to go back to her regulated daycare where they give her deep fried fish sticks, corn chips, and six cookies a day to children 12 - 18 months. That was a typical day's menu there.

I found a new location but haven't yet had the chance to visit. The only selling feature at the moment is that they had their menus designed by a nutritionist. Hopefully, LO gets a spot soon but now with at least three other full daycares shutting down, spaces are probably limited. Winters are going to be especially hard too because this one is off the bus route. I think I'm going to call my MPP over this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    I'll dig out some of the amethyst pieces and take some pics in the morning, to give you an idea of my style. I pondered selling, but the market is waaaay to competitive for my taste (I'm anything but a salesman), so prefer to make them for my friends & their friends & family. I usually get a nice lunch or dinner out of it, which suits me fine, since all I really want is for the recipient to enjoy the jewelry.
    Andit, I am holding my breath.

When I get the seven month itch (it's seven months if I don't actually get anything) I dig out some saved jewelery catalogues from Tiffany's and browse through - and then I lose the desire to actually make a purchase for another seven months or so - like I've been to a buffet.

A member of our family is a photographer for a living and I get him an extra copy so he can study examples of lighting and metals. It's more frugal and more useful than buying a textbook.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all. up to send youngest to register for school yay!!!
    one down one to go..
    have a pork loin in the CP.. smothered in a homemade sauce... yum!

going to finish my project.
    plus need to look for a wheel so i can sell a bunch of stuff together.
    its chilly here..
    OH and apparently Dean Martin was here yesterday... we were 'almost' a block away from him, never knew it. dang!!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow Sweet Sparrow. A very terrible situation for sure. I think this is why so many people get nannies (live in) Its a process it self but from people I know that have had them and continue to have had great experiences. I am so happy I am past that part but teenagers are another issue .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last night I didn't do much (getting up for 5am does that to you sometimes- catches up!) but I did cook a homemade dinner, cleaned the kitchen (and messy crockpot) and cleaned out my purse (well it was a reuseable bag that I had my wallet in and a million other things) so finally cleaned the bag out and pulled a purse out of my closet and am all set Still cold here. I want to take my dog for walks at night even if just for 15 mins but it is cold for her. Hopefully this cold snap will be over soon.

Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information