User Tag List

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LMAO @ Frugalbigmama.. i swore i read she sold her Honey.. im like wow..never thought of that..

well despite the lovely sunshine, we didn't get any 'research' done today as i made a slight error in judgement.
    hopefully tomorrow.
    in the meantime.. catch up on laundry, finish project. 'possibly' begin another.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley enjoy your time away from home and the office, I know it's work but it's great to be alone too (it's needed from time to time). Great job on the weight loss.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hey everyone - I need name suggestions for February's thread, I didn't realized we were the 26th.....so post away, I will take name suggestions until Friday, that will give 2 day of voting.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hey everyone - I need name suggestions for February's thread, I didn't realized we were the 26th.....so post away, I will take name suggestions until Friday, that will give 2 day of voting.
    Fast Forward February Savings
    Moneystretching February
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I went to deposit $144 in the spray foam account, we decided to take the $ from the reno aka spray foam account to pay for the paint and other items that dh purchased last week, it makes sense. But regardless we are still 1/2 to the spray foam kit which is awesome considering it's $ from selling unwanted items, etc. so I'm happy.

Also made a $370.58 installment payment for 2014 taxes yes 2014 .

I have rough numbers for February's budget however, I will need to see what are the actual income amounts that will deposited in the next few days as some of them are supposed change due to being taxed at source and a few increases from the cost of living .

Well off to start dinner - chicken breast with rice and the last of the sweet peas .

Jaden has his last exam tomorrow am so dh, Jaden and FIL will be going to the cottage Wednesday through Friday . It will only be Logan and I for 3 days, it will be so nice to have the house to myself during the day atleast .

Dh has decided to got back on a sub list for work, he will only take calls in the am so that he know he is physically able to do it or feels good enough to attempt. He doesn't want to commit to pre-booking because he doesn't want to cancel which makes sense. I told him that he needs to start slowly and any income is a bonus but we can manage the way we are but he "said he wants some perks in life "lol" and we can't afford them which is true. So he is working on this and hopefully things will improve a little.

Last coat of paint is going on the baseboards tonight which means installation tomorrow....so Jaden will be moving into his new room (fingers crossed tomorrow evening) if he wants to start (shrug). We still need to finish the window trim but that's no biggie and can be done once he's in there. We'll tackle the window trim when the guys get back from the cottage and hopefully before dh starts getting calls for work.

Well wishing everyone a great day, I had 2 picks/meetups today, 1 lady dropped the item shortly after walking away, I felt so bad for her, I knew she didn't have a lot of $ so I gave her back her $5.00 she didn't want to take it but insisted and she was extremely grateful, good deed for the day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow great work Nancy. I really can't wait to get at all my home renos/painting etc but so busy at work, my kid with exams and my hockey child is in 2 sets of playoffs. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will be back at it without a worry of the other stuff.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I hate garage sales too lol. I have a pile in the garage too (can't wait to get my Rubbermaid bins back!) I have been selling online and the plan was to have a garage sale in the Spring to be just done with the crap that hasn't sold. But I seem to make good $ online and now that I'm getting organized I may be able to store it and just keep posting online. There is a buyer for everything its just the timing lol
    I think Kijiji is more effective for sellers if they live in a city. I live out in the country and people just do not want to drive and I don't always find it worthwhile to drive 30 minutes to meet up with buyers. I am amazed at how many sales you have. Do you get many no shows? I can't stand people who email a bunch, set a meet time and then just drop off the map. I just end up donating lots of stuff to the thrift store.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes I was curious too frugalbigmama -cause I have 42 items on kijiji and people message in the winter -say they are interested but never get back - a few weeks back a man messaged me back and forth to come pick up a winter coat-but then messages me at 7.00 p.m cant come tonight (then no further explanation or messages and I am not getting back to the people -never know who is on other end or who you are dealing with p.s I live in the suburbs

-I don't have a facebook account and don't care to get one
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 27th, 2015 at 07:25 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I personally only post large or expensive items on kijiji or usedottawa, I post most items on my local facebook groups AND because I am rural people must really want the item to drive 20 or 30 minutes, however, I do post on the facebook page saying I will be in town on Monday for example if people want to meet, that is how I get most of my sale by doing meet ups in public places such as WM parking lot or Tim Hortons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Made supper changed the plans a bit, make chicken breast but decided on fries instead of rice and spinach instead of peas (lol). Once supper was made I noticed the fridge looked empty because all the leftovers were eaten so I pulled chicken stock and chicken carcasses from freezer, used a can of tomatoes, threw in the last of the frozen peas, a bag of sweet potatoes from the freezer and voila ENOUGH soup for the week for lunches....yippee....

And the bonus is I have more freezer space and I used up a bunch of random things I had on hand .

Plans for February are -

continue using items from the pantry

continue using items from freezer, really need to make a double batch of chili everyone 2nd week for dh for lunches, he loves the stuff AND it's the only way I don't mind the moose meat

Start working on Jaden's old room for Logan (drywall mudding, painting, and repaint doors to freshen them up).

Mud & sand hallway to the bedrooms ceiling and paint. Repaint walls and baseboard trim (may need to remove baseboards and strip as they are getting pretty thick)

Start demo in Logan's current room to prep for spray foam, etc....

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Andit, I will take the Similac cheques and coupons for my SIL. I don't have much to trade you, but will gladly send a thanks of some sort! I will PM you this message too.

I went to the visitation tonight. It was packed. While there were tears, especially when I hugged Dad, there were also laughs. We listened to "My Humps" in line, among other songs, and the young lady was holding none other than her cell phone in the casket. I hope no one takes offence to me sharing this...it still has me chuckling at how this amazing young lady can still be making me smile.

Last edited by Granger; Mon, Jan 26th, 2015 at 09:10 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    thought i'd share the first actual crochet project i finished. my slippers. they are made from cotton yarn, so i'm going to wash them in hot water to shrink them a bit. quite happy. they are comfy. next im working on a tie for dh. yes a crocheted tie. i'll post a pic.
    Attachment 271648
    Wow! They look so cozy! And to think you are just learning! I gave up quickly on trying to learn to crochet.
    It seems to me you're being a bit secretive about something..... do you have a surprise for us soon? You've been very busy, that's for sure!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So on Friday I did a short post about being at my OBGYN appointment in Saskatoon. I lost 8lbs in the last month due to my all day sickness. She said that she is not concerned about the weight loss. She would be concerned if I was dehydrated or had keytones (sp?) in my urine. She was very impressed with my organization and the way that I am pro-active regarding my health and this pregnancy. When I asked to hear the baby's heartbeat she called me a "skinny mini." I don't know the last time someone called me that, but she wasn't able to find the baby's heartbeat. Oh well, I'm very sick so I know the pregnancy is healthy.

I bought 8 basic t-shirts for dh at Value Village for $25. I was also able to track down a couple of food items that I couldn't find in town. I had a family potluck at my grandma's long term care facility on Saturday afternoon. Some relatives attended, including my dad. I hadn't seen my dad in over a year because he lives 7hrs away from me. He drove in just for the lunch and then headed back out on the road home again before it got dark outside. My grandmother didn't know that I was expecting, so it was a nice surprise for her. This baby will be her 6th great-grand child. The weather was bad on Saturday, so I ended up staying an extra night at my mom's place. The drive back was easy on Sunday.

I saw my GP today. He is also an anesthesiologist, so he got called away for 2hrs and was 2hrs late for my appointment. He'd prefer to see me gaining some weight, which I understand. My blood pressure is good, it has always been a little on the low side. I'm 10wks pregnant today. I got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time today. I made a little video so that I could show dh when I got home.

I taught pre-K this morning. I am teaching Grade 7/8 tomorrow and Grade 4 on Thursday. All of these days are at the two Catholic schools in town.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I think Kijiji is more effective for sellers if they live in a city. I live out in the country and people just do not want to drive and I don't always find it worthwhile to drive 30 minutes to meet up with buyers. I am amazed at how many sales you have. Do you get many no shows? I can't stand people who email a bunch, set a meet time and then just drop off the map. I just end up donating lots of stuff to the thrift store.
    I live in a small town and do better with FB buy/sell pages as they are local. I've sold large items on kjiji (nearest city is 1hr away) and always had to deliver the item as usually no one is willing to or can drive here to pick up (university students or people with small vehicles).

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Dark and dreary morning here, so we all slept in. Why do I get up early on days when I have no real plans and sleep in on days when I have appointments? Better get moving before I end up being late.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information