User Tag List

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Returning to the thread after a long hiatus! It's nice to be back but goodness you're all so chatty! How do y'all expect me to keep up with 33 pages into the thread?

Happy birthday, Avon, and a happy belated to cath007.

MrsSunshine, I know how you feel about the Costco cakes. They changed their rules on prescriptions too, now that I can't fax mine into the store. I have to wait one hour for drop off and one hour for pick up and I'm not sure it's worth the lower prices anymore. Black forest cake was my favourite growing up!

I just logged in and found the news about Target. I've never been able to shop their crazy clearance deals but have always appreciated that the entire experience was always so much less stressful than WM. They were so coupon friendly and to accept double coupons was something I thought would never happen in Canada. I was really excited to shop for LO's clothing there; so many bright colours, Hello Kitty, reasonable pricing, ...
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 9 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so one pick up done, the other rescheduled for tomorrow.. geez and i had a nap and everything. lol

im kinda in a pondery. wondering y a friend i haven't seen in 20+ has just found me on FB. hmm. i'll let you know how that goes.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I posted 5 new items last night on the local facebook group and I have a pick up today for $10.00 for Jaden's Columbia convert coat so that will go towards my spray foam kit (I'm a simple gal) or a gal with a plan atleast.

Dh applied a coat of 2 in 1 primer and paint on Jaden's new room this morning but it's looks like a 2nd coat will be needed as the new mudding is for whatever reason still showing, dh painted and I cleaned up, hoping to get him to do the 2nd coat this afternoon or atleast while the sun is still shining for some added light .

I woke up at 230 am with a gull bladder attack it finally subsided at 530am went I went back to sleep and told dh to let me sleep in as I was up quite a bit.

I woke up and started a pot of chicken macaroni soup (huge pot) used up a pack of sweet patotoes that were in the freezer, some sweet peas from the freezer and a bunch of chicken carcasses that I pulled out of the freezer yesterday so it was a good clean up and the soup is delish, I will have enough for lunches and suppers as I will be on a light eating diet because I have had tons of gull bladder attacks in the last 2 weeks and I'm waiting to get my surgery date which is supposed to be in February sometimes unless I get admitted before hand.

I also finally got to make the double batch of chili that dh will eat for lunches and will toss some in the freezer for later use.

Since I didn't get the freezer unplugged yesterday as dh took a nap and then had to leave for a group therapy (he started yesterday), he will unplug the freezer when he gets up from todays nap.

Wishing everyone celebrating their birthdays this week a very happy birthday and please have a few pieces of cake for me because I want some but can't because gully here is driving me insane (lol).
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

welcome back sweet sparrow hope all is good in your neck of the woods
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy hope you feel better, both my Mom and Sis have dealt with Gull Bladder problems and had theirs removed.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

totally a 1st world problem...today is the 1st pay of the new year and the change in taxes and the return to normal deductions is painful. Between DH & its over 1000.00 less a month. I know it means a re-do on the budget as we did not create one until after we had both reached the tax free day as I like to call it.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

that's a big difference in pays lilo, I am still trying to put funds aside for 2014 income tax...
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well I got an email from save.ca saying that there was a problem with the FPC for Pepperidge this was yesterday and that I need to re-order, however, the coupon is not even an option....anyone else having this issue
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Bedroom downstairs has received it's 2nd coat of paint and I have been instructed that that will be the last coat of paint on the ceiling (shrug). Tomorrow will be the walls...yippee...
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to Goderich this morning to get my feet done. They always feel so good afterward. Had`nt been in the Walmart there since last summer. They now have fresh produce and meat. Wish the Listowel one did. Found a bunch of new towel patterns there and at the new dollar store on the square. I`m doing the happy dance again.

Nancy: Hope your gall bladder calms down til you get it out. That has to be one of the worst pain there is.

Sweet Sparrow: Good to see you again.

Ashley: Sounds like a good restaurant. Hope you can get your mom on board with the basement cleanup.
    Andit, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh my Nancy. i totally empathize with u on the gall bladder attacks.
    nearly worse pain than child birth.
    thats what i actually thought i was in when having mine.
    finally after having my son and still having them. they put two and two together.
    because i had a week old baby they pushed for my surgery.
    i did end up having an infection from it as well.. only me.

so ive cleared out all of our baking items, the pantry is back in order. now just have to decide whats worth to sell/donate.

then ill work on the cupboards.
    its tiring but knowing slow but sure things are being cleared out it feels good.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had 2 pick ups today and $16 for the crap sold jar! Dr Seuss books bring big bucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I got a call at 6:35am to teach at that school 40min away. I have already taught there 5 days this month. At 7:20 a school 1hr away called to see if I was available. While at the school today two teachers asked me to teach for them, I was able to book the one day in February. I was already booked in town for tomorrow, so I turned the other offer down.

Next week:
    Monday - full day, 40min away
    Tuesday - .6 morning down the street
    Wednesday - still available
    Thursday - .6 morning down the street
    Friday - prenatal appointment in Saskatoon because I am a high risk pregnancy. I'll be driving up by myself that day and return on Saturday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    well I got an email from save.ca saying that there was a problem with the FPC for Pepperidge this was yesterday and that I need to re-order, however, the coupon is not even an option....anyone else having this issue
    I received mine in the mail a day or two ago. It has an expiration date of Jan 26th, so I redeemed it today.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I received mine in the mail a day or two ago. It has an expiration date of Jan 26th, so I redeemed it today.
    Unfortunately the coupons had a Jan 26 and one for March which was in the very fine print.I had received two and I redeemed one before it was pointed out to me, I hope the stores aren't' going to out on the ones that were used already.

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information