User Tag List

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

while my brain is in financial mode (lol) I've been working on the budget and such....getting on my financial mojo while the guys were briefly gone (6 hours)

for those of you who renewed their mortgage within the last 6 months or got a new mortgage, I would check the rates at your banks because I believe that they can amend the rate, just my 2 cents.

I have been following the rates like crazy since the bank of canada reduce the rate .25% and I'm getting all my ducks in line , I have a call into our bank to discuss penalties, rates and incentives to stay. We are not due to renew until October 2016 but is I can save 1% it may be worth the 3 months interest penalty which on 48K wouldn't be a lot. Also inquiring as to whether or not I would have to pay for another evaluation or not....

Is your current mortgage with a bank or through a broker?? know brokers can get your mortgages via banks but you know what I mean I am just curious!!!

Is anyone else thinking about early renewal???

Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Andit, avoncallingu and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Yes we are thinking of early renewal. Our mortgage is a whopping 5.324% and we are not due to renew until Oct 2015. We are hoping to renew 6 months early and have the bank waive the interest differential penalty (as it would be still greater than 3 months interest since the difference is over 2%). We are also hoping to get our house appraised and roll as much of our line of credit into it as they will allow (we can borrow back up to 80% of the "appraised value"). We bought our house for a steal (was on the market for 2 years) and have done several major improvements and with property values increasing we're hoping to get a good appraised value.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So earlier this month I taught at a school where a student had the mumps, he later stayed home for 5 days after diagnosis. Tonight my mom contacted us to say that they suspect that my sister has the measles. I just spent the weekend at their house and I slept in her bed the two nights that I was there. It doesn't make me feel the safest.

Earlier today I had several phone calls. It boiled down to a booking for next week being cancelled. The booking for tomorrow might be cancelled if the roads aren't good because the teacher has an appointment out of town. I also received a phone call to tell me that my bloodwork that was taken 8 days ago was messed up. It is very specialized bloodwork. It sounds like the lab in Regina partially thawed my blood and therefore was unable to perform the tests. These test results need to go to my hematologist in Saskatoon to help him decide if my medication needs adjusted...which is particularly important during pregnancy. *sigh* Not much that I can do about any of this.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

praying all is ok with you Angela. try not to worry til you know for sure.

so.. made two sales tonite. very happy!!

looks like im heading to the Marymaxim sale this weekend. stock up on wool/yarn. $1.49 a skein!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    DS found xbox games after Christmas for sale about 30 mins away from us. The guy wanted $10 each but I offered $10 for both and he said yes so we took a drive. It made DS happy and he made a smart choice to get 2 older NHL games for $10 then the newest in the store for $70. He is a smart shopper
    Just like his mama!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -is there any way that your healthcare practitioner can indicate on the lab order that the most senior med lab technologist be responsible for the lab work? Given the importance of the work either see if one dedicated person can do it or if the most senior person at the lab is responsible and no one else. If this is an ongoing issue, I suggest you contact the professional regulatory body and find out if there is any willingness to look into the matter considering your healthcare depends on lab results and your time spent on appointments cannot be always repeated. http://csmls.org/About-Us/Who-We-Serve.aspx
    @jasperandchar and @bobbiegirl2010 -I commend you both for looking for potential mortgage rate breaks and going through your numbers to see what you could do or not before your respective renewal dates. Good to think about the taxes and setting aside amounts where possible.

Found out today that home Internet will end in 10 days' time. Which means I may post up to 5 days in a week, weather permitting, from another location. Spent my day in the city and had my Sephora Nars lip freebie and Starbucks chai latte collected today. No more driving for me-process to change id is not shown online so had to spend time at Service Ontario (I thought this through/mixed emotions but now it's in process). Also obtained the Sears Spring Catalogue and home inspiration sale catalogue. Found two magazines I wanted from another library. Did pop into Mall Rd. Joe Fresh for a look at sweaters and some spring items.

No leprechauns with pots of gold were seen today but I did see some very large icicles on roof eaves along King St. W. Enjoyed the marvellous sunshine today and the sunset on the way home. Much nicer temperature today than a year ago!
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 09:04 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela273 -is there any way that your healthcare practitioner can indicate on the lab order that the most senior med lab technologist be responsible for the lab work? Given the importance of the work either see if one dedicated person can do it or if the most senior person at the lab is responsible and no one else. If this is an ongoing issue, I suggest you contact the professional regulatory body and find out if there is any willingness to look into the matter considering your healthcare depends on lab results and your time spent on appointments cannot be always repeated. http://csmls.org/About-Us/Who-We-Serve.aspx
    @jasperandchar and @bobbiegirl2010 -I commend you both for looking for potential mortgage rate breaks and going through your numbers to see what you could do or not before your respective renewal dates. Good to think about the taxes and setting aside amounts where possible.

Found out today that home Internet will end in 10 days' time. Which means I may post up to 5 days in a week, weather permitting, from another location. Spent my day in the city and had my Sephora Nars lip freebie and Starbucks chai latte collected today. No more driving for me-process to change id is not shown online so had to spend time at Service Ontario (I thought this through/mixed emotions but now it's in process). Also obtained the Sears Spring Catalogue and home inspiration sale catalogue. Found two magazines I wanted from another library. Did pop into Mall Rd. Joe Fresh for a look at sweaters and some spring items.

No leprechauns with pots of gold were seen today but I did see some very large icicles on roof eaves along King St. W. Enjoyed the marvellous sunshine today and the sunset on the way home. Much nicer temperature today than a year ago!
    @Ciel hope to see posting anyways when you get a moment, is there no wiggle room from the current internet provider to get a better rate vs. loosing a customer
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Saundyl, if you have a KOBO then you can download books from the library. That's why I originally bought a KOBO. No cost books. I just finished reading a free book that I got from Amazon, though.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Adobe Digital Editions is free for desktop use of reading EPub or PDF library books as well.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

looks like im heading to the Marymaxim sale this weekend. stock up on wool/yarn. $1.49 a skein![/QUOTE]

Oh have fun MrsS. I used to go there a lot when I did counted cross stitch. It`s a great store.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

DH has been waiting almost a year for a surgery which will mean that his life can be a little more "normal" wrt spending time outside of our house. Yesterday, they called to say that his surgery had been postponed for another month. This may not seem like a long time, but he was so deflated!
    We had to do a whole bunch of 're-organizing and lost the cost of the hotel room as he booked it through Priceline and you can't change or cancel the booking.
    We've decided to go and use the room and have a "night away" since we've already paid for it. It will just mean a night of watching TV in a different setting.
    We took the dogs to the off-leash dog park today. DH waited in the car while I walked around. They LOVED it! They haven't had a real run since our back field filled up with snow and the wind has been whistling!
    They ran and ran and sniffed and sniffed ( if you know what I mean)
    Now they're doing a lot of snoozing -imagine that!

All Christmas things now in the basement. Still a lot of sorting of things that just didn't get used. Probably a bad time to try to sell Christmas things, though.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Avon.. that sucks!
    lets hope a cancellation happens or time flies fast!

so glad you both enjoyed a night away anyway. very smart. sure you behaved yourself
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry about the postponement Avon. A month IS a big deal.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Saundyl, if you have a KOBO then you can download books from the library. That's why I originally bought a KOBO. No cost books. I just finished reading a free book that I got from Amazon, though.
    Awesome our library uses an Android program called freader. I have a Samsung galaxy tab i installed kobo and the libraryprogram (the latter today) on.

I use a site called bookbub. That lists the amazon and kobo sales or freebies alot.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Adobe Digital Editions is free for desktop use of reading EPub or PDF library books as well.
    I think thats part if what the libraries here use

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information