User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How Much Do You Pay For Internet and How Much Bandwith Do You Get?

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

While preparing his budget today, Chris noticed that he pays almost $90 a month for his hi speed internet with Bell.

While we are sure there are cheaper plans out there, Chris does have the luxury of having "Unlimited Bandwith". He has had this ever since signing up with Bell and is grandfathered with it.

Therefore the question is, who are you with, how much do you pay and how much bandwith do you get... also have you ever gone over that amount?

Thanks All!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    Is it baseball season yet?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Shaw, high speed lite, unlimited, $39.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

There is a thread discussing TekSavvy, a Bell wholesaler
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/241320-...-match-canada/

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Shaw, high speed lite, unlimited, $39.
    Is that a bundled deal or something? When I look on their website, the price for unlimited starts at $74 for stand alone.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

We're with Eastlink, we pay $62.90 a month for unlimited. It's the cheapest we've been able to find in our area for unlimited, which we need 'cause we use the Internet for everything.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm in a bundle with Phone, Internet and Digital Cable.

For roughly 162/month taxes in, I get
    Internet
    - 20 mb/s speed (which I have reached)
    - Bandwidth? Pretty sure it is unlimited. Last month I downloaded 400 GB+ and was never charged a different amount
    Phone
    - Pretty much all phone features, call display, call waiting, answering, 3way, etc
    Cable
    - HD PVR and 2 HD Boxes
    Matt

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Is that a bundled deal or something? When I look on their website, the price for unlimited starts at $74 for stand alone.
    Natalka will have to correct me on this, but I don't think she has the unlimited. I imagine her usage is reasonable so that it has never affected her, yet. I am on the Shaw network too, and I pay around $100 for a bundle of internet and cable. The children have been complaining vociferously about slow speeds and lag, so we might have to look at getting a boosted package soon.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to get unlimited though, unless you need to download massive files all the time. I do find that Shaw throttles...so we have slow internet during peak times...perhaps they do it on purpose so that you will switch to a faster connection?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am with Teksavvy and pay $54 (including tax and a dry loop phone line - $40 before these) for 5M/800k unlimited bandwidth. While a faster speed would be good, most websites arent set up for really high speeds so they are a waste of time, so it works fine for the price. They also have a $31 plan with 300GB which is more than most people need.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have unlimited for just 8$

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thank you so far... all good information!

The thing is, we would most prefer to remain with Bell to keep our same email addresses! So many things get emailed to us, tough to keep track of who all to notify of any new email address.

Maybe I will check out their site, see what they say there and then call customer retention and see what they offer me, just tell them I might be changing to Rogers etc!.

BTW: Joe88, Where/how do you get unlimited for only $8 friggin dollars a month????

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Start a gmail address or similar now, reply to each email you get with your new email address and call and have any bills changed and soon all the emails will go there - that way you can switch whenever you want and have the same email addy
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Okay I did the online chat thing and the guy offered me a DSL High Performace Plan that includes 25 GB of download and upload. I would also get the Bell Security Advanced service (which costs $10) completely free.

He also said that with the new plan, I have an advantage which is the 3.95/month modem rent is completely waived off and there is a one time modem rent of $49.95 on the next bill. Instead that charge is waived off and there is only a one time charge of $49.95 which is a save for you.

Then he says" For example, if your monitor is not working, hard drive corrupted, DVD drive corrupted, keboard issues, operating system issues (XP, Vista, Windows 7), Microsoft office issues, Antivirus Software issues, Router issues etc... our PC care team will support and fix the issue for you. You will get three levels of support through online chat, phone and on-site Technician. You will be getting $500 insurance for 12 months"... I take it after that, there is a fee...

He said there is no contract commitment and that they even lower the price to $36.95 for the first three months...

I told him I would think about it and get back to him. He said it is only available online but I think I still want to go to a Bell Store to see what they offer me. This guy would only give me 3 months history of usage, which for those 3 months we were hardly online... I think the guy at the store will take the time to get online and get me my info (I tried and it kept denying me access).

So it is a savings for sure... and would keep my internet with Bell still and thus keep the addresses the same....

Will venture out to Bell store tomorrow to see what's up...

Now to tell Rogers to shove their cable where the sun don't shine and get Bell TV back!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Start a gmail address or similar now, reply to each email you get with your new email address and call and have any bills changed and soon all the emails will go there - that way you can switch whenever you want and have the same email addy
    We both posted at the same time.

That is something to think about too! Come to think of it, a lot is SPAM anyhow...anyone we write we have their email addies saved in the address books anyhow!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is not that hard to change over, we did it at work, we dropped the old one down to the most basic they had (it may have even been dialup) and we slowly contacted everyone - I imagine between 14 of us in that office, we had more contacts than a family does

I would pass on their tech support, they generally find things wrong that are not wrong and try to sell you all the parts, we had them out to fix a modem at work and the guy swore blind it was our computer not the modem - then when we told him it was a brand new computer and we would just send it back to the manufacturer, he told us we must have faulty wiring
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Just checked out Tekksavy and not available in Brantford! Too bad cause it is by far the cheapest I have seen yet!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information