• 2 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By Tweets77
  • 1 Post By staceymic

Thread: Sears extended warranty?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I'm so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section...

I bought a washer and dryer from Sears today and agreed to the extended warranty on the washer only. When I got home, I noticed that he charged me the extended warranty on the dryer as well. Will they refund this? How long do I have to get a refund on it? Can they process the refund on the phone or do I have to go all the way back to the store?? I have tried looking it up and see that I have 30 for returns (if purchased with a non-Sears card) and 90 days if purchased with a Sears card. I can see exclusions to refunds but the extended warranty isn't there! I'm thinking that they would have to refund this, even if it was a matter of a customer changing their mind??

Your thoughts please and thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sears has been going downhill since last year... It used to be a good company having good customer service, but it is no longer the case. If you check its facebook, lots of people have been complaining its customer service including appliance repair starting from last year. The technician is NO-Show, Keep postpone the service day, NOT able to order parts, etc ....

I ordered a gas range last year over the phone. First, they use the wrong delivery address and also don't know what are the add-on option for the delivery. It seems to me that I know more than them and they are not working at sears at all. This is just the beginning, then they even re-schedule my delivery 3 times and each time it is one week apart, but the item is in-stock. Finally, after 3 weeks, I decide to cancel the order. Otherwise, I don't know how many more weeks I have to wait. Originally, I thought I'm only the unlucky person, but there are many people having the same issue according to the complain from FB.

Anyways, if you want to buy extended warranty, make sure you know they are providing a good service. Extended warranty suppose to help you, not giving you a hassle. I know there is always some unhappy customers. However, if many customers have the same issues, then you need to question yourself if you really want to buy this extended warranty from Sears.
    Last edited by lcmt; Sun, Jan 4th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.
    staceymic likes this.
    I earn at least $80 every month. Task, SSI & PL surveys pays better than other sites. Join Clixsense with me http://www.clixsense.com/?4489292

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wouldn't bother with extended warranty. I have found that it usually does not pay off.

If you don't want it on the dryer - than I would go back to the store and speak to the salesperson. They would be able to refund it. If they refuse ask to speak to the store manager. But it shouldn't be a problem. It's easier in person than calling.
    Tweets77 and staceymic like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lcmt View Post
    Sears has been going downhill since last year... It used to be a good company having good customer service, but it is no longer the case. If you check its facebook, lots of people have been complaining its customer service including appliance repair starting from last year. The technician is NO-Show, Keep postpone the service day, NOT able to order parts, etc ....

I ordered a gas range last year over the phone. First, they use the wrong delivery address and also don't know what are the add-on option for the delivery. It seems to me that I know more than them and they are not working at sears at all. This is just the beginning, then they even re-schedule my delivery 3 times and each time it is one week apart, but the item is in-stock. Finally, after 3 weeks, I decide to cancel the order. Otherwise, I don't know how many more weeks I have to wait. Originally, I thought I'm only the unlucky person, but there are many people having the same issue according to the complain from FB.

Anyways, if you want to buy extended warranty, make sure you know they are providing a good service. Extended warranty suppose to help you, not giving you a hassle. I know there is always some unhappy customers. However, if many customers have the same issues, then you need to question yourself if you really want to buy this extended warranty from Sears.
    I agree with you! Sears service has gone downhill. They have laid off so many technicians and the service dept call centre is outsourced.

I had a dehumidifier under warranty and Sears charge me $49.99 to look at it. They said at the drop off area that it would be refunded once it was fixed but it never was. The drop off area said it was up to service, service said it was the drop off area responsibility. After a dozen phone calls I gave up as I was happy that they replaced the compressor. But I should not have been charged $49.99 in the first place.

I called about a part on my vacuum cleaner and was told it would arrive in 2 weeks. I waited and waited and finally called back. No record of my first call was on their system, the original person who I had spoke to was from Asia. When I requested someone in North America I was told the replacement part was no longer available. Sears used to keep replacement parts for a very long time but no longer do.

I am hesitant to purchase anything with a warranty from them.
    staceymic likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have never purchased an extended warranty on anything. I am lucky however that my DH can repair just about anything. My thoughts are that they are a waste of money considering all the exclusions.
    staceymic likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone! I called today and they said that they would get the sales person to call me tomorrow and that he would refund me. I basically said that if it wasn't refunded, I would just cancel the entire order. (It hasn't even been shipped yet). They said, oh yes, no problem, it will be refunded. All I'm seeing is negative feedback about their extended warranties so I'm not going to bother with the one for the washer either!
    Tweets77 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I ordered a snowblower online in October. When we went to pick it up they had my last name wrong on everything. They called last week to confirm I received it and were still calling me by the wrong last name.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

**Update** The sales person called me today and did not sound happy about me changing my mind about the warranties. He kept trying to talk me into them and I finally said, "Do I not have the right to change my mind?" He replied yes. I said, "well, either you refund me for the warranties or I will have to cancel the entire order". So, of course he is refunding the warranties. hahaha.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

There is usually some kind of incentive for them to sell you the extended warranty as well. He was probably unhappy that he wasn't going to get his!

Thread Information