User Tag List

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TargetMama View Post
    I'm not expecting much by way of crazy discounts, and definitely won't be there on Thursday! Probably a huge crowd of people making annoying comments 😉 The only thing on my wish list is a Britax Pioneer. If it hits 25% I'd be a happy camper.
    I'm with you on that. It's gotta start at 25-30% for me to consider. My husband will find out late Thursday if he has a new job. I have an unfinished walk in pantry that could use some OXO containers and some of the new spring cubbies and shelves.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    Target Canada liquidation sales this Thursday will be 'like Black Friday' 02/05/2015

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/targ...iday-1.2940552
    They say shoppers are looking forward to this. I'm all for a good deal but this feels like another nail in the coffin knowing that target Canada lived too short of a life.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find it super depressing to hear the "Wow! This is really nice stuff!" comments, as they're shutting down. NO KIDDING! Where were you all hiding until now?! 😭😭
    Last edited by TargetMama; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 04:59 PM.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hirev View Post
    I dont expect much the first few weeks But wow why do they have so much diapers/Wipes and TP in the charlottetown location.

one row of TP was 2 wide - 8 high and like 20-30 long. if not more. It was way taller then I was. I almost wanted to run into it just to know it down. lol

They have diapers almost the same. and also in like 3 other locations in the store on the shelves. Must be running out of room outback
    They aren't running out of room in the back, they are purging the backroom and pushing it all to the floor.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I find it super depressing to hear the "Wow! This is really nice stuff!" comments, as they're shutting down. NO KIDDING! Where were you all hiding until now?! 😭😭
    Totally. Infuriating.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Maybe not the right section for this...but it is clearance related to how much I will miss Target! Long story short, it was Sat. night and I needed to quickly pm Tassimo discs before the coupon expired, so went to Walmart to PM Staples online ($6.86-$2 coupons=great price!). I looked around while I was there and found a huge end cap with a big sign "clearance", filled with pacifiers, baby food pouches, blankets, toys, etc. - all around great products to be on clearance! However, some had prices (that were reg. price) and some were not labelled. I grabbed the stuff that I was interested in and planned on scanning it. Then I ran into an employee in that section with a scanning gun. I asked about the clearance shelf and she said "some are clearance, some are not" - I asked which ones, "I don't know, some" - I said the sign says Clearance, shouldn't it all be, how can I tell what is and what isn't? She repeated "some are clearance, some are not" - I went around in circles & then she finally said "I just don't have room on the shelves over there (baby section), so I am moving the extra stock here, I don't think anything is clearance, but maybe you might find something" - WHATTT??!! - super frustrating and disappointing about my "clearance finds" - so disorganized and again the employee was not friendly nor helpful!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Those of you going on Thursday, please post pics if you can. I want to know if they have refilled the shelves or if they are bare like they were before. Target is a 1 hour trip for me
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question (since I never paid attention before) - was Market Pantry food always so much cheaper than other brands? Like big cereal boxes were $2.50 today... Are they clearing out Target brand or is that normal? I shop/coupon a lot for donations, and I'll stock up if those are good deals. Thanks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm fortunate that I have 4 stores all within a 25 minute drive from my house. I plan on going on Thursday and I'll give an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Basicangel View Post
    I'm fortunate that I have 4 stores all within a 25 minute drive from my house. I plan on going on Thursday and I'll give an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe I'll see you there!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Several posts have been deleted. If you want to discuss other store closings in detail, feel free to start a separate thread about them and be respectful in asking another member about them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by solace76 View Post
    Maybe I'll see you there!

Maybe ill see you both there we should wear something so that we can easily spot scers hehe

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question (since I never paid attention before) - was Market Pantry food always so much cheaper than other brands? Like big cereal boxes were $2.50 today... Are they clearing out Target brand or is that normal? I shop/coupon a lot for donations, and I'll stock up if those are good deals. Thanks!
    I found market pantry always was a great price point compared to the big brands, often cheaper than other "store brands". Some of the best deals were the ketchup for $2 and the oats were under $1.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    it does seem to be a common story that chapters stores (and the smaller stores in their chain) seem to be closing.. they seem to be going the way of the video store unfortunately people are now getting their media through different sources or just not reading books at all anymore (sadly)
    On the other hand I remember when huge Chapters stores began popping up. Unfortunately they drove many excellent independent bookstores out of business. Book lovers lost a lot when those stores disappeared. Times change and everyone has to adapt, including the megastores who .had a good run at the marketplace. People have many more information and reading sources these days
    Last edited by DianneS; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Ciel and thriftygranny like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponkrystal View Post
    I found market pantry always was a great price point compared to the big brands, often cheaper than other "store brands". Some of the best deals were the ketchup for $2 and the oats were under $1.

Yup we always bought the big tin of oats, great price.

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information