User Tag List

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    maybe because i was told and have read that they will honor the returns on items purchased before liquidation as long as you have the receipt but anything purchased once liquidation has started is an all sales final purchase
    The store I was at today had a sign saying regular return policy for items purchased before February 5, items purchased now are final sale

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

cannot even begin to see all the wrong , seriously.... have people gone mad? It's a sale , not the end of the world here...

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I went to my local target tonight, I had been eyeing a set of curtains for awhile, had been waiting for a sale. They did still have them but I ended up leaving empty handed. The line up was insanely long and was very crowded although not the reason I left, well not completely. While wondering around I found a set of pajamas that I really liked and picked them up and put them in the baby's car seat. I was carrying the baby as she was getting a bit fussy. I was looking at something and didn't notice that someone had taken the pajamas right out of the stroller. After that I just did not have the patience to fight the crowd or wait in the line up. What if my baby had been in the stroller when they reached in to take my items out.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    Warehouse?

Most Off sites are closed now. Most stores have have their stock on the floor. They announced this almost 3 weeks ago? Most stores had 3 weeks to clear out their back rooms and their warehouse.
    I work at one of their distributions centers we have until April 20th to remove everything from our warehouse same with their other 2 locations and they are still expecting 50 trailers at our location
    Last edited by cmontario; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 11:10 PM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I went to my local target tonight, I had been eyeing a set of curtains for awhile, had been waiting for a sale. They did still have them but I ended up leaving empty handed. The line up was insanely long and was very crowded although not the reason I left, well not completely. While wondering around I found a set of pajamas that I really liked and picked them up and put them in the baby's car seat. I was carrying the baby as she was getting a bit fussy. I was looking at something and didn't notice that someone had taken the pajamas right out of the stroller. After that I just did not have the patience to fight the crowd or wait in the line up. What if my baby had been in the stroller when they reached in to take my items out.

thats horrible.. liquidation sales (or just any good sales) really bring out the worst in people
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The US Target site mentions Feb. 9 (not 22nd) as the Ava & Viv plus size collection launch day. Here's hoping on Monday, Cdn. Target stores have their stock out on the floor too! I'd go to the store for that reason!

http://www.target.com/c/ava-viv-brand-shop/-/N-4ym1q
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
    I went to Target today and actually bought something. My nephews birthday is coming up soon and he is huge into Lego Star Wars. Well, my local Target at Coquitlam Centre has been out of stock on all Lego for about a month so I knew I wouldn't be getting any there. But, I went there today anyways just to see what it was like. Honestly, it was madness. Huge line-ups and mostly mediocre at best deals that people seemed to be stocking up on. I saw one person at the end of a 30 person line with just 20 bottles of Dawn Dish Soap in their cart and it was $2.49/bottle -10%. I felt like telling that person that Dawn goes on sale all the time for $1.99 but I didn't bother.

Anyways, I did notice that all toys are 20% off already. Well, for those of you who buy Lego and specifically Lego Star Wars sets you know that they rarely go on sale. So 20% off all Lego sets actually is pretty rare. I called the store in Maple Ridge which is about 20 minutes away and they said they did have some Lego left there so I went there and did find a good set for nephew. Reg $75.00 for $60.00. I know the Lego sets won't last to the next stage of clearance or at least not many of them.

So I guess the moral of this story is there is some deals out there just not that many.
    Glad you could pick up some Lego. The store shelves have been pretty bare after the Jan Lego clearance.

While I agree that Lego rarely goes on sale too much and 20% would normally be great, if you shopped around in early Jan before the announcement, you could have snagged some Star Wars Lego and Lego friends for 70% off. A lot of the Lego city and Lego movie was 50%. Lego storage at 70% too. I picked these up in Surrey, Delta, Langley and Abbotsford. Maple Ridge never went that low unfortunately.

When this is all over, note that London Drugs clearances Lego on occasion if you need more for future birthdays etc.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The US Target site mentions Feb. 9 (not 22nd) as the Ava & Viv plus size collection launch day. Here's hoping on Monday, Cdn. Target stores have their stock out on the floor too! I'd go to the store for that reason!

I saw a post where people were saying some plus stuff was out in the floor this week. I didn't see any of it out in BC....yet.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I'd be telling people off too. There's no need for people who have never been in Target store to give you attitude.
    VULTURES OF WALMART please stay out of Target and stop complaining about how things are so much cheaper at Walmart, when if you had actually shopped at Target you'd know that regular prices were the same if not cheaper than Walmart. Also pajamas are meant to be won to bed, not in public.
    And to the media would you please stop interviewing people who went to Target ONCE when they first opened and came back when they annouced they were closing. Getting so tired of hearing the same crap over and over again in every f-ing artical/interview on Target, from people who clearly have NO CLUE what they're talking about. If Walmart is so much better/cheaper stay there and let me enjoy the last few weeks of my happy place in peace.
    AMEN!!
    kiwis-mom and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Was going to post but keeping my comments to myself until I get what I want or the vultures go away:

There are currently 212 users browsing this thread. (23 members and 189 guests)
    189 guests!? Wow!! That aint right....

Hello to all you lookie loos! Sign up and say hi, contribute!! We have fun here!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TargetMama View Post
    I had to do it. Couldn't risk not getting the bags I wanted for gifts. Pyjama man already hit me with his cart and swore at me. Be safe out there, people! It's like a war zone in my happy place I hope all these people leave disappointed and don't come back.
    I got hit too! Thank goodness it was empty at the time. You pretty much read my mind. Since its already done and paperwork signed no going back - I didn't feel bad smiling when watching the news reports about all the disappointed empty handed shoppers.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe that is what happened in Coquitlam too. Because, I went into the Coquitlam Target a couple of weeks after Christmas and all the lego was gone when just the week before they had quite a bit. They never re-stocked it after that. I didn't know that had a big clearance on lego or I would have been all over it. They must have only last hours at that price. It is crazy they did that and shows you how out of touch there marketing in Canada was. They could have put it at 40% off and it still would gone instantly.

Before Christmas I was looking for a set and Lego Star Wars rarely went on sale. Either here or in the US. Maybe the odd set was 10% off but it was rare.
    madchives, Ciel and solace76 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

my target had 1style of pant (black, black and white, black and white pattern) and 1 style of top. Didn't see them when I went in on Monday
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

anything purchased before february 5th can still be returned with a receipt

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have a feeling that because of all the negative publicity about it being only 10% today the masses will stay away.
    anisa, madchives, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    The store I was at today had a sign saying regular return policy for items purchased before February 5, items purchased now are final sale
    That gives me hope! I have a purchase that was made prior to sales, I will definitely try to return it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information