User Tag List

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've been feeling upset about this all day! :-( I was shopping there regularly, and not just for clearance! The amount of money they have lost is sickening...I don't know why they didn't test out a few Canadian stores first. I imagine that a lot of people who are affected are upset tonight. What will this mean for shopping malls that are now going to struggle to get a tenant for a large anchor store space? The mall nearest here experienced a bit of a resurgence when Target came in... it had been a dying mall.

I went to Walmart last week, and the experience reminded me why I hate shopping at Walmart. So depressing.
    Silk, coupondiva, dizzyb and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have seldomly shop at target,but I cant believe they just leave so quick...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just can't go back to Walmart...it's just a messy disaster and now they wont have any reason to clean up their act.
    dizzyb, hijinx25, Candini and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree, lilo. Don't want to go back to Failmart. Hoping No Frills, Canadian Tire and Old Navy will cover all the bases that Target will leave bare.
    lilo0003, Candini and Anna Michele like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Canadian economy is just struggling right now, with our dollar down, the oil prices lowest in years, albertans working in the oil industry without jobs... Sony leaving, Target leaving...Nordstrom is set to open in Canada, not sure how long that will last, hopefully longer than 2 years.
    Anna Michele and lp11 like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I was very surprised to hear this news this morning.......it seems like Target just opened in Canada and now they're all closing I have to wonder about who was making the business decisions in that company. At least they are giving their employees (of 2 years or less) a very decent severence...not that that makes up for losing their jobs.

Retail certainly has and is changing a lot in the past few years...one has to wonder what is coming next.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges_48 View Post
    Well its about time to move to the USA, shopping in Canada is not that Great, no choices it seems we are left with Walmart?? WTF I'd rather starve than shop there, no offence to people that shop at WM, but its the most dirty place to shop, and staff is rude.. Sad..

i feel the same about walmart.. i didn't realize just how beaten down i was from walmart until target came in
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

It was nice to have a different selection for a change - short lived..

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I was shocked and sad to hear this news today I love my Target and the staff there. CS is great and the store is coupon-friendly. I wish they had decided to keep some of the stores open. I know my store had finally become profitable about 5 months ago.

I didn't know how soon they were going to shut down so I decided to get down there this evening to do some returns. I also gathered up my giftcards from doing promos and one from doing an in-store survey. The staff told me they expect to be open for another 4 months but waiting for confirmation on that. (Mine is a bigger store, so this may not be true for all Target stores. ) Hope so because I didn't really have time to shop and use my GCs

I loved being able to PM at Target, and the coupon-stacking. I don't have a WM close to me and when I do get there it's always so crowded and CS is never as good as it is at my Target. Oh, and have loved getting 5% off with the RBC Target MC as well as the 10% off the couple of times they had that cash register coupon Will really miss those savings!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 01:54 AM.
    coupondiva, barbis9, Decaf and 3 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sad news. So many people losing their jobs. There was such anticipation, just over a year ago, to see a Target opening in our area. It's going to be a sad day when they shut the doors for good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Target here is at a busy mall so I always try to go early in the morning to beat the crowds, so the store is pretty empty when I'm there but by 9:30 - 10am it was always starting to fill up. I always found the store to be clean, the staff was helpful and friendly and the shelves were always stocked full. I was surprised to hear that so many stores had empty shelves. I loved my shopping experiences at Target and much preferred shopping there than going near a Walmart. I am sad to hear it's closing and so many people will be losing their jobs. Such a shame that they didn't come in to Canada with a different game plan. I'm going to stop into the store tomorrow morning to make sure I'm stocked up on the stuff I always found cheaper there and the stuff I can't find elsewhere.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I remember the excitement when I first heard about Target opening in my city...and applied for their credit card BEFORE the store even open. I remember being very grumpy as I had to pick up my CC at RBC bank with my IDs and questioning why they don't just mail me the CC directly. I shop there for every day things and most are not even on sale. I use coupons too but most thing I buy do not have coupons for. I got total of $30 reward in GCs from my Target CC. I guess I'll be shopping more at SDM for household items until Loblaw ruin it.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, i cant say im disappointed.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

there was talk all day yesterday in a few threads, I think they merged them into this one?? ( maybe )

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/398139-...canada-canada/

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I just can't go back to Walmart...it's just a messy disaster and now they wont have any reason to clean up their act.
    Yup ..Wal Mart customer service sucks big time. Using coupons & price matching there is also getting harder & harder.

If you give them just one coupon, they sit & stare at the coupon for 2 mins , as if you are committing a crime & in a condescending manner they accept it.

The worst people are at the return & exchange counter. They are always understaffed there & extremely rude over there.

Complaining to the store manager or the head office has no effect whatsoever, they just brush you off & give you standard canned automated responses via email or phone. So its a waste of time complaining.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information