User Tag List

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Winter View Post
    Well all i can say about today is thank god I'm off until Sunday….
    between people RUNNING in the doors right at 8am to save that 10%, to the cops & ambulances that had to come ( a mother left her baby unattended & he fell out of the shopping cart…) to all the RUDE vultures that yelled at us, all day long over prices we have no control over…i can honestly say it will take everything in me to wake up Sunday morning to deal with this all again haha….

thankfully, i lost my filter around 8:30 this morning soooo chances are if you dealt it out, i dealt it right back. sorry, not sorry.

Good Grief! Sorry you had a rough day.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Bargain hunters leave Target sale frustrated and disappointed
    http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...ness-sale.html

I'm not sure what people expected. Liquidators want to make as much money as possible so the discounts usually take a while to reach the 90% off mark. Although some people are saying that the discounts are not clearly marked.
    that is exactly what i expected.... it's why i never got up and ran out of the house this morning.. yes things are clearanced but that does not mean it's drop everything start the car clearance the first day
    coupondiva, Ciel, dizzyb and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

10% on toilet paper, 5% on tablet, etc... sound like a joke is going on at target... i would wait for a bit longer until they have everything it at 70% off
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never thought I'd be defending Target but I find it funny people on my FB etc are complaining about Target screwing up liquidation - not high enough discounts etc. The discounts aren't up to Target anymore now that the liquidators have taken over, and it's the same gradual process as all other liquidations.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    ...and remember to be nice to the cashiers (they could really do with a smile and a kind word).
    Be nice to the cashiers, it's SO EASY to do, and is a sentiment worth repeating.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

haha ohh, they have been coming in since the announcement…i can't even count how many times i've been asked when we are closing so they can get the best deals, i simply tell them 10:00pm

& personally, i would go…maybe not right away, as we are starting at 10-30%(very few items are actually 30% *hint makeup*) but look out for the sign board walkers on the streets/corners, they'll let you know what the % is at without even stepping foot in the door…the way i see it, at this point we can't stop what is happening so we might as well get a good deal out of it before all the 1st time voltures come swooping in haha.
    I closed last night. My LOD put me in Pharmacy and Beauty. Pharmacy is a breeze to zone. I rev logged half of beauty. No one wants to buy chewed off lipstick (Yeah. I found a few that looks questionable)
    When I left, it was empty. I was content.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_boy View Post
    10% on toilet paper, 5% on tablet, etc... sound like a joke is going on at target... i would wait for a bit longer until they have everything it at 70% off
    Sounds like you expected to much from the media. Blame them not us, most team members couldn't confirm or deny the deals.

Honestly people, if you find Target's liquidation a joke, go home and stay home. Don't be rude to the Team members. We're already loosing our jobs, we're being as friendly as we can with you. Some of my co-workers are venting on facebook and posting their stories.

Also, if you're gonna wait till everything is 70% off, don't complain about the condition of the item it is in.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadiantyler View Post
    Where's here? In Ontario they didn't participate in SCOP, it's voluntary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quebec

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People complaining obviously dont know that if you wanted 70% off you shoulda went last month when it was target business as usual!

Honestly it was mostly gawkers at the store i went to today, ppl who were just walking in a daze and seeing for the first time what items are available. I just beelined to the items i wanted and had a lovely cashier help me get out in a jiffy.
    Patty Smyth, Ciel, dizzyb and 4 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Pajama ppl heard the words "black friday" and went bonkers lining up before the stores opened.

The LINEUPS were going to compare to black friday, not the discounts lol. They should have paid attention.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    Be nice to the cashiers, it's SO EASY to do, and is a sentiment worth repeating.
    You bet....these poor people have to deal not only with losing their jobs (really rough at this time of year) but then they have to deal with long lines of people, some of whom are really just total jerks. Giving the cashiers and other employees a smile and a kind word is really a small thing to do but it could help them to have a little nicer day (and yes I know it's not as if it will change anything for them--if only we had jobs to offer, but kindness never hurts) and builds up your good karma to boot!
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well all i can say about today is thank god I'm off until Sunday….
    between people RUNNING in the doors right at 8am to save that 10%, to the cops & ambulances that had to come ( a mother left her baby unattended & he fell out of the shopping cart…) to all the RUDE vultures that yelled at us, all day long over prices we have no control over…i can honestly say it will take everything in me to wake up Sunday morning to deal with this all again haha….

thankfully, i lost my filter around 8:30 this morning soooo chances are if you dealt it out, i dealt it right back. sorry, not sorry.

I'd be telling people off too. There's no need for people who have never been in Target store to give you attitude.
    VULTURES OF WALMART please stay out of Target and stop complaining about how things are so much cheaper at Walmart, when if you had actually shopped at Target you'd know that regular prices were the same if not cheaper than Walmart. Also pajamas are meant to be won to bed, not in public.
    And to the media would you please stop interviewing people who went to Target ONCE when they first opened and came back when they annouced they were closing. Getting so tired of hearing the same crap over and over again in every f-ing artical/interview on Target, from people who clearly have NO CLUE what they're talking about. If Walmart is so much better/cheaper stay there and let me enjoy the last few weeks of my happy place in peace.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I'd be telling people off too. There's no need for people who have never been in Target store to give you attitude.
    VULTURES OF WALMART please stay out of Target and stop complaining about how things are so much cheaper at Walmart, when if you had actually shopped at Target you'd know that regular prices were the same if not cheaper than Walmart. Also pajamas are meant to be won to bed, not in public.
    And to the media would you please stop interviewing people who went to Target ONCE when they first opened and came back when they annouced they were closing. Getting so tired of hearing the same crap over and over again in every f-ing artical/interview on Target, from people who clearly have NO CLUE what they're talking about. If Walmart is so much better/cheaper stay there and let me enjoy the last few weeks of my happy place in peace.
    Why so much hate for Walmart? buy from wherever you get a good deal. All business are in there to make profit and all people like us are there to find best deals. Doesn't matter where you buy from, as far as you get a good deal...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't been into Target since they announced their closing, though I will go at some point (although I get rather teary eyed thinking about it).

But watching the news tonight, and reading the comments on the blog about the lower discount prices makes me angry. Target was an amazing store. They had good sales, clearance prices that I've NEVER seen at Walmart, and the staff was ridiculously nice and helpful. People who think they should get 50% off everything because they are closing should have shopped there when the store was still alive - you could have scored amazing deals! Instead, they go, get mad, and then harass staff who have nothing to do with pricing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    be nice to everybody working! we all have feelings! haha
    xbbx, Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wavi View Post
    Why so much hate for Walmart? buy from wherever you get a good deal. All business are in there to make profit and all people like us are there to find best deals. Doesn't matter where you buy from, as far as you get a good deal...
    Because we don't want good deals on wolf blankets and other such crap. We like good deals on nice things
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Ciel and 7 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information