Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What did you buy Patty Smyth? Post pic.
    Cause I'm a princess thats why!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am keen to avoid the crowds at Target this weekend. Will take chance of sighting some clothing next Monday. Was happy to see the date of the launch move up, after @Shwa_Girl and @FallenPixels both mentioned that the line was going to be in Canada too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Super disappointment... Was gonna buy an item, their scanners were not working so i got the guy to scan with their pda and it rings in at an incredible price, goes to the cashier. Rings in at a diff price and they cant do adjustments....

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emg View Post
    Would you do price adjustments? Thanks for all the information
    You can return an item you bought prior to liquidation, so if it's cheaper now just return the item and repurchase it.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CouponClipper
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm tempted to go to Central City tomorrow...

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have a feeling that because of all the negative publicity about it being only 10% today the masses will stay away.
    Some of my co-workers worked 10 hours shifts, and were telling me that we had a line up to our main receiving even after we closed.

Im scared to go into work tonight

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have a feeling that because of all the negative publicity about it being only 10% today the masses will stay away.
    Before Target opened, there was a lot of publicity in the news (print and online) that Target was going to compete with other Canadian prices, not the US, but people still expected the US shopping experience.

Now that Target is closing, it was well publicized that items were going to be 10 - 30% off. There are big signs on the outside of the stores saying "up to 30% off". Some people are expecting 50 - 70% off.

Either people are reading the signs and watching the news and expect Target to do the exact opposite of what they said, or they want Target to fit into their idea of "liquidation". Neither really works.

bmc
    Female
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    Super disappointment... Was gonna buy an item, their scanners were not working so i got the guy to scan with their pda and it rings in at an incredible price, goes to the cashier. Rings in at a diff price and they cant do adjustments....
    Same thing happened to me, scanned at pda for lower price, then at cash rang up higher.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

vw_girl rocks and is such a sweetie! She was texting me during her shopping adventure and offered to look for a tunnel that I've had my eyes on, which my parents ended up picking up today for me at Abbotsford Target, but thanks for the offer anyways vw_girl!

LOVE all your toy pics, and quite jealous! That golf set is pretty darn cute! My guys already have a BBQ, but for $8.99, wow, what an amazing bday gift for someone else that would be! Anyways, hoping to venture out next week sometime when the crowds die down and hopefully still some good finds to be found then!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmc View Post
    Same thing happened to me, scanned at pda for lower price, then at cash rang up higher.
    I don't know if this is the same thing - but the scanner showed the price WITH liquidation discount, and the register showed the REGULAR price and then the discount was a separate line item. I had to check my receipt too and then I saw it was as I expected.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Are Target gift cards still accepted?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    You can return an item you bought prior to liquidation, so if it's cheaper now just return the item and repurchase it.
    On a scale of 1 to Walmart, how tacky is it to bring my original receipt, go repurchase the item, and then return the same one at CS? (ie don't lug the item all the way back, make sure they have stock, etc?) I'm all for savings, but I don't want to be ridiculous about it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TargetMama View Post
    On a scale of 1 to Walmart, how tacky is it to bring my original receipt, go repurchase the item, and then return the same one at CS? (ie don't lug the item all the way back, make sure they have stock, etc?) I'm all for savings, but I don't want to be ridiculous about it.
    In similar situations in past, I have just taken the item with lower discount and went to customer service to get price adjusted. Maybe they can do something similar... let u buy at liquidation price and return at prior liquidation receipt. Good luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TargetMama View Post
    I've done it before, no judgement from me! I bought my daughter a toy from Target at regular price gasp! and a few weeks later it went on sale. Well, she already opened hers and played with it already, so I couldn't return and rebuy. So I bought and returned with the old receipt.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I don't think I checked at Delta Sorry, maybe Meeeks did? I think that is "her" store. For the price its worth checking. Crossing fingers for you.

Funny you mention that because i did check that today... Scanned at their PDA for $90. Not sure what it would come up as at the register... Also, i checked this at Richmond as well and its $90 as well.

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information