User Tag List

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nordstrom Vancouver have announced they're hiring 1000 (!) staff, including 44 managers.

http://www.biv.com/article/2015/2/no...es-including-/

Target probably doesn't have that many employees in all of the Lower Mainland.

Ron.
    anisa, SillyLoocie and hijinx25 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FREEFORME View Post
    i was thinking of going to Target, as i saw in the local paper that everything is now 30-40% off... has anyone been this week.. ? does anyone know what % off the makeup/cosmetics/skincare ?
    The bottom discount in our store went up from 20 to 25% today. There are still exceptions like computers etc
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh man do the sales suck in Montreal. I think I would rather eat my dirty sock than return to the pit that is place versaille target. They clearly shipped stuff to other stores, the boxes are dirty, scuffed up and missing stuff and they want to charge 20% of retail NFW. Alexis Nixon has a crazy large inventory with much better product!!!!! but there are no deals to be had at all. Who buys stuff for 20% off when you can't return it? Unless you need something that never goes on sale why? I see all these people with 30 toys in the carts and think why didn't you come to the black friday sale and get those items at 50-90% off plus be able to return it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Nordstrom Vancouver have announced they're hiring 1000 (!) staff, including 44 managers.

http://www.biv.com/article/2015/2/no...es-including-/

Target probably doesn't have that many employees in all of the Lower Mainland.

Ron.
    Nordstrom will go the Target way within no time.

Lot of people over here are cheap & broke & won't shop or have the mpney to shop at upscale retailers like Nordstrom.

They will buy cheap knockoffs down the street for less than half that, just to show off . Vancouver is a hub for that with cheap knockoffs coming daily from Mainland China & Hong Kong

People here love to shop at cheap places like WM & Dollarama..ha ha..one of the reasons Target quit Canada ! They underestimated Canada's love for crap

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandolinatou View Post
    Oh man do the sales suck in Montreal. I think I would rather eat my dirty sock than return to the pit that is place versaille target. They clearly shipped stuff to other stores, the boxes are dirty, scuffed up and missing stuff and they want to charge 20% of retail NFW. Alexis Nixon has a crazy large inventory with much better product!!!!! but there are no deals to be had at all. Who buys stuff for 20% off when you can't return it? Unless you need something that never goes on sale why? I see all these people with 30 toys in the carts and think why didn't you come to the black friday sale and get those items at 50-90% off plus be able to return it.
    I was at Versailles on Tuesday it was pretty bad. I left with only some .28 cent boxes of candy canes.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

Lot of people over here are cheap & broke & won't shop or have the mpney to shop at upscale retailers like Nordstrom.

They will buy cheap knockoffs down the street for less than half that, just to show off . Vancouver is a hub for that with cheap knockoffs coming daily from Mainland China & Hong Kong

People here love to shop at cheap places like WM & Dollarama..ha ha..one of the reasons Target quit Canada ! They underestimated Canada's love for crap
    Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Luxury in Vancouver is quite strong. The stores here, including Holt Renfrew (which is about to undergo a huge expansion) are the best performing of anywhere.

You can continue to buy your fashion at the Night Market. Nordstrom has done their homework and will do well.

Ron.
    Lori, anisa, mrskoka and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Actually you couldn't be more wrong. Luxury in Vancouver is quite strong. The stores here, including Holt Renfrew (which is about to undergo a huge expansion) are the best performing of anywhere.

You can continue to buy your fashion at the Night Market. Nordstrom has done their homework and will do well.

Ron.
    Apparently Target also did their homework. ..they are NOT stupid...but we all saw what happened.

So you couldn't be further away from the truth..& you can continue to shop in Downtown Eastside ..you will do really well there ..I heard Nordstrom is opening their flagship store there

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Nordstorm is not doing the mass expansion Target did(4 or 5 stores to start off with), and entering a market to appeals to a select amount of people with lots of money with very little competition. Whereas Target did an aggresive expansion into Canada, into a market with lots of competition(they're lots of options where you can buy they same things Target sold, maybe not all under one roof, but there was lots of other options).
    I think we could end up losing Holt's before Nordstorm as they're already hurting and don't seem to be rushing to fix their problems.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

And there are people who really like the upper level department stores who are sick of the horrible offerings of the Bay... We are waiting for Nordstrom
    Lori, mrskoka and hijinx25 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nordstrom is just another winners and marshals. They carry the same brands. Check out their website.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Winners and Marshalls are insurance claim liquidation dumps. They might get their hands on a variety of brands, but they are not a proper department store.
    hijinx25, Candini and vw_girl like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The more I read about Target's problems in the US, the more I think they're using Canada as a scapegoat to blame for much bigger problems within the organization.

Ron.
    anisa, seylz_gurl and hijinx25 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I wonder how many majority investors had objected to the Canada expansion in the first place, for them to pull it all back so quickly.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Apparently Target also did their homework. ..they are NOT stupid...but we all saw what happened.

So you couldn't be further away from the truth..& you can continue to shop in Downtown Eastside ..you will do really well there ..I heard Nordstrom is opening their flagship store there
    When East Van houses are being on Interior Design websites, maybe the east end is a good place to start.
    Ya never know
    hijinx25 and vw_girl like this.
    R

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information