User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: I hate Telemarketers! Especially when they call me a B*tch or did he call me a Beast?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really hate the phantom phone calls that come in the middle of the night. (When you pick it up and no ones there) In fact I had one last night at 11:30pm. Any else get a lot of those?
    Last edited by princessjen; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 03:59 PM.
    saveadollardiva likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I usually tell them , I am just renting this place & can't take any decisions as I am not the homeowner..LOL.

Usually 90 % of the calls are for home owners ..not so much for renters
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    Note: The only time this won't work is if you already have a business relationship with the company. For example, I keep getting telemarketer calls on behalf of my bank, which annoy me to no end. But asking them to remove my number doesn't work because I am already a client of the bank. And under Canadian law, if you are already a client, they can tele-market you all they want.
    Good news. You can get off the bank's telemarketing list. And any other place where you are their customer.

We phone or write them and tell them we only want bank statements, income tax statements or information about our account. We tell them we do not want them to mail or call about promotional offers or sales. Once you do that, they are obliged to remove you from their internal telemarketing mailing and calling list.

Works well!
    lorken likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I don't mind calls from legit telemarketers like surveys. They are human beings who need to make a living too. I used to know someone who did surveys. It is one of the worst jobs because people are so rude to you on the phone, but jobs are hard to come by so can we judge people because they have to choose between working a call centre or not feeding their family?
    I disagree about surveys. When you think about it,
    the person doing the survey is getting paid. $$$$
    the company who is doing the survey is getting paid. $$$$
    when they use your survey information they can get more profit. $$$$

So,
    why would I do a survey for free?!?!
    why am I not getting paid too?!?!
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I want to do this when they call:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKtS-k12b0

LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With surveys, I've started asking what I get for compensation for my time. I get far fewer calls than I used to.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

these Duct cleaner calls are CRAZY

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Disgusting! I thought 'you want to be my gf' was horrible but being verbally abused is horrible. They do all the recording so I am sure this person will get into trouble...at least I hope so!

I don't pick up the phone either!
    I had one - "You have a pretty voice, will you sing to me?"

As someone who worked in an call center (their hiring was very deceptive and I'm still annoyed about it) - just say "Please remove me from ALL your calling lists" (those exact words). I was told it can take up to a month for the number to come off. Of course, this only works with actual, legal, call campaigns.

The company I worked for was contracted with American Express - they were working in conjunction with Air Miles. So it didn't matter if you were on the Do Not Call list, if you had an Air Miles card we could call and try to sell you a credit card (because it falls under something you are already signed up for).

I worked there for only a month before I quit, and I was shocked at the amount of people that were let go because they were rude. Why on earth would you be rude to someone you're calling and bugging? I'm surprised I didn't get fired because my sales weren't very good - but I was kept on because I was polite.

For those of you that decide to be extra mean and swear be rude to the telemarketer and then hang up - not going to lie, we definitely scheduled you to get a call back at an inconvenient time (if they didn't ask to be removed from the list). So as annoying as it is, just ask to be removed from the list.

Oh, and I got paid $1 more than minimum wage (if you could speak more than one language you got $2 more). As desperate as I was for a job, it made me way too uncomfortable to try and sell credit cards over the phone.
    Last edited by luckbealady; Sat, Feb 14th, 2015 at 01:14 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I used to get sooo frustrated with telemarketers.. I know its their job, probably the only one in their area and they hate it.. i'm not crazy about it either.. so.. I do the ... "sonny is tht you sonny?? speak up sonny , I cant hear you.. in a loud squeaky voice until they hangup... the other one.. I scream omgod there is blood every freaking where.. you gotta come help me hide the body and clean up... c ome right now.. ohhhhhhhhhhhh m y gosssssssh the blood the blood and then I hang up .. I don't know how it makes them feel but for some reason it reduces my stress.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information