User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nalaric
  • 1 Post By annedougherty

Thread: What does "one product" mean in a personal offer?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Most if not all of my bonus point offers for buying a particular product seem to contain the following within the details:

Offer is applicable to one product only. We reserve the right to limit quantities...
    It seems like this can be interpreted more than one way, so I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain how SDM interprets it. Does "one product" mean multiples of the same item or just one item? For instance, I have an offer of 700 bonus points for buying "any Brookside chocolate". If I were to buy two different Brookside products (e.g. different flavors), it seems safe to assume I'd get 700 bonus points. What seems less clear is what would happen if I buy two or more of the exact same item. If two, for example, would I get 700 bonus points or 1400?

TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Most if not all of my bonus point offers for buying a particular product seem to contain the following within the details:

It seems like this can be interpreted more than one way, so I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain how SDM interprets it. Does "one product" mean multiples of the same item or just one item? For instance, I have an offer of 700 bonus points for buying "any Brookside chocolate". If I were to buy two different Brookside products (e.g. different flavors), it seems safe to assume I'd get 700 bonus points. What seems less clear is what would happen if I buy two or more of the exact same item. If two, for example, would I get 700 bonus points or 1400?

TIA
    You'd only get the points once for this - 700 bonus points for buying "any Brookside chocolate", doesn't matter how many you buy. If it was 15x on chocolate, you'd actually get it on more than one (in the same transaction, as it get's redeemed after the transaction)
    Arjon likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yes and you definitely don't get 700 points each variety you buy. There's no tricks to it. 700 points, 500 points...for those you get points for one. X the points multipliers work for multiples and no don't have to be identical like for example the exact same brookside chocolate bar. You can buy different varieties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arjon likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks. I suspected it was only one item. Indeed, with past product-specific offers, I had never tried to buy more than one. The part that led me to wonder was... if the offer only applies to one item, why is there a need reserve the right to limit the quantity? So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask since I'm sure many other know the program better than I do.

Thread Information