User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree644Likes

Thread: (OVER) Free SampleSource Spring 2015 Samples

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was late to the party, as well, and only received 4 samples. I'm happy to get to try at least a few new products.

I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but my layperson understanding of an IP address (109.148.115.34 for example)is that the first 3 groups of numbers will generally identify the network provider and geographic location and the last or 4th group the actual computer on the network. So, for example, Cogeco, Windsor, customer/computer number 34(does not relate to the fictitious IP address listed in bold). If I am remotely correct, then my guess would be that in a workplace, the first 3 groups of numbers would be the same, and the last number (34) would identify the actual computer assigned to an individual. I would think that if a company had 100 computers, each would have an ending number ranging from 01 to 100. For instance, 109.148.115.01, 109.148.115.02, etc. ​Any employee ordering from work should be able to get their sample since their IP address for their computer would be different from their workmates.

I know it's more technical than what I've described. If you do a /whois on an IP in Google, you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Anna P; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 03:19 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got 4 samples. I got the engery c one, brookside, the body wash another one i can't rember. oh well i still got something out of it.
    walkonby likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IP addresses have changed a bit given that there are so many different pieces of technology out. Basically, there is a public IP address and private IP addresses. A wireless router has one IP address (public), but all the computers/devices that are connected into that router have personal IP addresses. So at work, our servers have one IP address that is public, but internally, each computer has a different IP address. Sample Source should not be able to see what my computer's IP is and what my colleague's is. They will only see the company's public IP address.
    JadeAngel and Anna P like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i would not be surprised if they compare physical address+ IP and do an elimination that way... figure out who is tweaking to get multi packages... but they should expect if one IP is ordering 2 for 2 completely different addresses located in different towns they are probably not ordering 2 for themselves
    Good point, but let's hope it's a human doing the elimination and not a computer automated process.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FYI, I just went on track my order and it says order confirmed so I guess there really isn't much to do but wait and see if it comes.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i woke up at 7am my time needing to pee and i'm glad i checked this i managed a box of 14 for me and a box of 16 for my parents (2 of them are pets items) then went back to bed lol lets hope it doesn't backfire and we both get our boxes.. we are in different towns about 4 hours away so we don't share the same address, or same city
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In regards to the one order per one IP address issues, I can say that I ordered for my sister in the past on the same co outer and she received it. Yet, since the last cycle we have done it separately to avoid any issues. It's really the safest way, but again does not help those who are using shared or public computers such as the library. Maybe just stick to the one per mailing address rule. I'm sure things will be clarified much further after this offering.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Good point, but let's hope it's a human doing the elimination and not a computer automated process.
    i would not be surprised if they have done as other sites have done in the past... do process of elimination by postal code... then cross check with IP address... i've seen it happen before (P&G got really bad for it if they thought two people at the same postal code were the same person they'd block the account) which might explain the question "do you live in an apartment/condo/townhouse?" question

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

WTF....I did the little questionnaire (at 4:55pm) and in the end it told me "No samples were found! Sorry! Based on your profile answers, we currently do not have any samples we think you will be interested in. We will send you an email when we have new samples available that may be right for you!"

Did they run out of samples?
    terry2144 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    WTF....I did the little questionnaire (at 4:55pm) and in the end it told me "No samples were found! Sorry! Based on your profile answers, we currently do not have any samples we think you will be interested in. We will send you an email when we have new samples available that may be right for you!"

at this point in the day i would not be surprised if they've run out of samples... this sample pack usually goes VERY VERY quick... they start out with something like 15 samples (plus a few pet samples) and within 2 hours they are down to something like 6-7 samples... it's been live for at least 7 hours now so it could easily be a case of being out of samples

(personally it drives me batty that they release them early morning eastern time leaving people out west having to be up at like 6am every day to check if the site is live yet just to have a chance to get the samples)
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Wow about the IP address issue!! I was lucky to register at work (at 11:10am) when I got the chance to check as when I checked this morning 6-7am - there was nothing available for me. Luckily I got 16 out of the 16 samples! Super happy!! I also registered my mom and sister at the same time - hoping we all get ours! I assume it is the same IP address, but they should be going by physical addresses, not IP addresses, for the many reasons already posted on this thread. Good luck everyone!
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Had no idea this went live this morning. No more samples.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Had no idea this went live this morning. No more samples.
    it's part of my morning routine for the last 2+ weeks get on the computer check and refresh the page to see if it's gone live before i do anything else
    vw_girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post

I got the same message. I wish they would start these in the evening so people who have to work all day could get a chance to get some samples.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I ordered for myself first and then my mom. She lives hours away. She got a confirmation email and I did not. Hopefully we both get samples but its not looking good. I will try tracking the order with fingers crossed. It really is crappy that she doesn't have a computer and wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway. I load her pc offers from here or she would just plain miss out.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information