User Tag List

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=lilo0003;6297480]I just noticed the interest on the line of credit dropped by .15% and as you know I am carrying debt on the LOC for others so every bit helps.
    I also decided that I am adding a budget line for stuff I buy knowing I am giving it away. I often pick up groceries or laundry for my brother or GF food for my friends daughter. It’s not to place a limit on it but more to see how much of this I spend
    & its currently captured in our grocery budget which I am trying to get a handle on.

Lilo, it seems like you are in the middle of the same task that I am taking on. Sometimes I just don't know WHERE to categorize a purchase - but teasing hidden "add ons" takes time but gives you a better idea of where money is going.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Hoping today my sickie improves - yesterday was a see-saw kinda day...

Praying for good health for everyone!
    Oh, Natalka, I'm hoping your flu takes flight! I can remember once a long time ago when I had a fever so high that I was shaking cold, even with lots of blankets on. In the end, I had to take a COLD bath to bring down my temp. (Worse memory every!) Then I had a "vision" of Liberace playing piano in our livingroom - time to head to the hospital!

I agree - gingerale is the greatest when you are so sick! Did you get a flu shot? They are saying that the vaccine was very ineffective.

BRAT diet when you get to feel a little better - Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.

You are always trying to help us (and others) - Hope you are WELL on the way to wellness!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes nat lets hope you and I get better together-soon
    -wellstill have fever -it doesn't hurt to swallow have take 3 pill so far -min you I am waking up in night with fever -cough-but then I put a load of laundry in cheaper decided to run the dishwasher cause I dont feel up to standing doing dishes
    just called bell and changed my internet plan -savings 10.00 a month -he every little bit helps

-hey girls on the upside not spending any money-as I am not out looking for deals grocery shopping
    Oh, I hope you get better very soon! Strep hurts so badly! How about honey? I find it soothing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger how exciting to hear that heartbeat for the first time!!
    (editing to say that after I read this it sounds like a Madonna song!!!)
    Angela I am speechless and I am sorry your pregnancy is no longer yours to share on your on terms. What is wrong with people.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah my fever broke -I am feeling on the mend -still staying in today -don't want to run myself down
    -mind you its hard to take 3 pills every 8 hours wokeup at 3.30 and took my now cant get back to sleep -will rest in afternoon

-nat hope you are feelingbetter
    -yes I do drink ginger/lemon tea with honey it is so soothing
    -well i am using up groceries on hand hubby was so impressed i had one carton of ice cream in freezer

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hope I get the offer again but the real kicker was they were on sale for $4.88 at Indepent which never happens so I was really disappointed, oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be.....like you said perhaps a better offer will come along.

The offers I get are normally pretty crappy to be honest only once did I get a really good offer on spend x on beef and get xpc points and well I got I think 20,000 points that day so I was happy.

you would think that it would be geared to what you purchase because they can obviously see your trends or purchase history I would imagine.
    Yes, the more you use your card, the offers get more geared to what you purchase.

The 2 types of offers that have yielded me the most points are:

- points on items that I can stock up on (ie: 200 pts on no name canned veggies - I bought 24 cans and got 4800 points)

- bonus offers (spend x and get x amount of points).

Be patient some good offers will come your way

Also because my pc plus is linked to my pc mastercard I earn points on everything I purchase. We also have almost all our automatic bills come off our pc mastercard and we pay the balance in full. I'm going to pay my car insurance, cell phone bills etc... anyways so its free money
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 06:28 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

For me, I felt up and down yesterday - but fever isn't back, so that's good.
    Hoping today is at least level...

Hope everyone has a great day, especially The Birthday Girl, Angela!

Post greetings here for her!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399392-...a/#post6298936

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

A nice sunny day for a change. And, yet, neither brat is enjoying it - they're both still in their beds.

Going to try to make Thai coconut tapioca this afternoon (I'm obsessed with the one at a local restaurant) and test it on some friends who are stopping by tonight (nice to have guinea pigs that speak English and not Canine or Feline ).

Better go get started with my day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Who?! I've only met Jamie Oliver, Mag Ruffman, Gail Vaz Oxlade (does she count?), seen George Strombolopolous, and Scott Thompson. A friend of a friend met Kevin Spacey. He was wearing sunglasses indoors, ran into her at the bookstore (literally!) and knocked all her books to the floor.
    Mostly Canadian theatre actors - you've likely seen them as extras in movies but you wouldn't know their names. The sweetie who came up & hugged me played the father in a series of movies about a little girl during the depression (Booky does whatever ). In terms of famous people you'd know, I've met Paul Gross (he is waaaay prettier in person than on screen), Joan Rivers (tiny little thing and was the sweetest lady I've ever met), Bryan Adams (I stood in line an hour to get his autograph for my best friend Sue when he released that book of photos - when he asked who to dedicate it to, he started serenading me with Wake up Little Suzy; also ran into him in an elevator - he asked which floor I wanted & made small talk - if I wasn't already a rabid fan, I'd be so enamoured ), Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables) & Sarah Polley (Road to Avonlea) - both lovely intelligent ladies. For a while Shawn Doyle (he played the brother on Big Love) was my next door neighbour. There are some others, but I don't think you'd know them. It helps that I hang out with thespians (spend a lot of time at a theatre literally across the street from me - haven't been there for a year with all the health issues I've had, but I'm going back the end of the month - can't wait!!! ).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

@Andit I've never heard of pineapple pie, sounds yummy
    I hadn't either, but I was trying to make room in the freezer and wanted to use up the pie shell that was taking up too much room. I also had pineapple that needed to be used up (well, Lily dog would have polished it off for me ).

Here's the recipe I used (http://www.baking.food.com/recipe/ea...apple-pie-3780). I reduced the sugar to 1.25 cups. I think next time, I'll reduce the sugar to 1 cup - I found it a bit too sweet for my taste. Be careful tho - at the 45 minute mark, it hadn't quite set and a few minutes later it was slightly burnt. Everyone who tasted it raved about it, so it is definitely a hit (been asked to bring it to Easter dinner at my friend's). It's even better with a little ice cream.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Anyone have any good recipes for turnips? They need to get eaten up so I was going to make them with dinner tomorrow. I was thinking of roasting them with some carrots and beets maybe?? Maybe some onions too?? Not sure I have ever made turnips before (the little white turnips).
    Don't have a recipe, but at New Year's, my friend's aunt made a squash and turnip puree (kinda like mashed potatoes) that was yummy. I think she roasts them until tender, then purees everything and adds a bit of orange juice and brown sugar (sorry, have no clue what the amounts are). It was yummy, tho.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

and janes chicken fingers....sigh....had a great offer on the janes for pc points but that got squashed .
    I had an amazing offer for frozen pizza - the one brand that doesn't seem to disagree with me & my silly tomato allergy. Except...that was the one particular pizza that the store didn't get in that week (could have gotten all sorts of other flavours & used the offer, but not the one specific one I wanted ). So, no $0.88 Panebello for me. Guess I just have to eat the other things in my freezer to make room for beef popsicles for the brats.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    So here's the thing...the newspaper article announced my pregnancy!
    That's unbelievable - I guess on two fronts: that someone would tell a newspaper, and that the newspaper would print it.

On a happier note, happy birthday!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yeah my fever broke -I am feeling on the mend -still staying in today -don't want to run myself down
    -mind you its hard to take 3 pills every 8 hours wokeup at 3.30 and took my now cant get back to sleep -will rest in afternoon

-nat hope you are feelingbetter
    -yes I do drink ginger/lemon tea with honey it is so soothing
    -well i am using up groceries on hand hubby was so impressed i had one carton of ice cream in freezer
    glad to hear it coupon girl and score on the ice cream find I'm sure it was soothing on your throat
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Yes, the more you use your card, the offers get more geared to what you purchase.

The 2 types of offers that have yielded me the most points are:

- points on items that I can stock up on (ie: 200 pts on no name canned veggies - I bought 24 cans and got 4800 points)

- bonus offers (spend x and get x amount of points).

Be patient some good offers will come your way

Also because my pc plus is linked to my pc mastercard I earn points on everything I purchase. We also have almost all our automatic bills come off our pc mastercard and we pay the balance in full. I'm going to pay my car insurance, cell phone bills etc... anyways so its free money
    great news on the offers, I appreciate the feedback.

I need to call Bell and see if they charge a fee for paying with MC

I looked into it for Hydro One and they charge (correction the creditor people who process the transactions) charge a base fee of $3.00 and it could be more based on how much you are paying....SO I WON"T BE DOING THAT.....it's madness I say
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information