User Tag List

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am so PO/d at our Dr. I tried to refill hubby/s RX last Monday. Didn/t notice that there were no refills left...my bad. The pharmacy faxed for a renewal...still haven/t got it. I called the Dr. office on Tuesday. He had been on holidays...just got back that day. She thought he would get it done on Tuesday. Went in on Wednesday to pick it up...still not there. I had to call the pharmacy about something else this morning and you guessed it...they still haven/t got it. They/re advancing 1 inhaler because he/s been without since Tuesday. I have a feeling hubby will be looking for a new Dr. We/ve heard from other people too that he is not good with male patients.

@ coupon girl and @ Natalka good to hear you/re on the mend.

@ MrsS don/t give up. Mom made me learn to read patterns before she would teach me to crochet. I/m so glad she did because if you can read a pattern, you can make anything. It helps if you don/t try to see the big picture...just read and do one stitch at a time. What weight yarn did you use for the baby afghan. I use mostly sport weight. Free yarn is always good.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ Nancy Gall bladder attacks are the worst. Hope you feel better.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    great news on the offers, I appreciate the feedback.

I need to call Bell and see if they charge a fee for paying with MC

I looked into it for Hydro One and they charge (correction the creditor people who process the transactions) charge a base fee of $3.00 and it could be more based on how much you are paying....SO I WON"T BE DOING THAT.....it's madness I say
    Yeah our hydro supplier (Westario) creditor people also charge a fee so that one still comes out debit from our chequing account. I wasn't able to do it with Union Gas either (either they charge a fee or its just not an option). All other bills are set up to automatic monthly payments on our pc card. We are with virgin mobile and our internet is with Wightman's which are set up with our pc card. Not sure about Bell but its worth a call! State Farm (for home/auto insurance) is set up and Reliance Home Comfort (water heater and furnace rental). Once its all set up its so easy and convenient and free points every month
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I would never let BELL (or anyone) permission to bill my credit card/bank account monthly. Once they have your $ it's hard to get them to reduce/correct the bill if there was an issue. Friends are fighting Rogers right now after a $1300 MONTHLY internet bill payment was taken from their account. They were told when they set up the service that the bill would be a certain amount regardless (they have tower issues from where they get their service Ie. long distance etc)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well. headed downtown to pick up some free yarn. if i dont' make it back its been nice knowing you all
    great job on the free yarn, don't be so hard on yourself about reading patterns, having to start over or abort, it's all a learning process, take it easy and enjoy the craft/past time
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Does anyone have a Mazda 3 or Chevy Sonic or Cruze-if so do you like it/recommend it as we are car shopping. Thanks
    I don't own either lizzie HOWEVER I did have a chevy cruze as a 3 day courteousy car and both dh & I hated it, very cramped and I'm like 5'2" lol, just now space on the inside.

not sure that helps - good luck with your decision

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I would never let BELL (or anyone) permission to bill my credit card/bank account monthly. Once they have your $ it's hard to get them to reduce/correct the bill if there was an issue. Friends are fighting Rogers right now after a $1300 MONTHLY internet bill payment was taken from their account. They were told when they set up the service that the bill would be a certain amount regardless (they have tower issues from where they get their service Ie. long distance etc)
    Excellent point Frugalbigmama - I haven't had that happen to me so I hadn't thought of it. It is definately something to consider.... I have an unlimited canada wide cell phone plan with virgin mobile and am billed the same amount every month so I've never had a problem. Same with my car insurance etc.... I guess it really depends on the company and your own comfort level about giving them your credit card #.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

no worries ladies, im not giving up.
    and wait til you see what i got for free today. holy cow. post pic shorty. just got home and having lunch. then take a pic and post.

crochet lady. i was using a very light weight thin yarn. obviousy not the best choice. so found a much easier pattern called corner to corner, going to try it out with the new stuff i got today.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

check it out. all free. minus the bus ticket to get downtown and home
    Name:  yarn 001.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  86.3 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good haul! Will keep you busy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well not a frugal day here but I am happy about it. My son likes Boathouse clothing (not sure if they are in the east). I am done his back to school shopping, all winter clothing was 70% off, picked him up 3 pair of jeans and 3 coloured jeans regular 48.00 each for 14.40 a pair, three hoodies for the same price and 3 button up shirts for 11.40 each and 4 sweaters for 17.40 regular 58.00 each. I am lucky I know his taste and he loved every thing. Will give him some money in August so he can pick up a few brand name t shirts from the skate shop he likes and he will be set. And to think people are waiting in line at Target for hours for 10% off!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Great shopping! My DS just bought a bunch of clothes too and now goes to the Catholic Highschool so wearing a uniform during the week keeps his street clothes clean and ready to wear! I was smart and walked in his room last night and re-hung 2 pants and 2-tops from school the past 2 days. They were as clean as could be so he wasn't any wiser and I don't have to do laundry till the weekend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed to get out of the office at lunch and didn't feel like going home. Took a stroll around RCSS. Found Blue menu brown Omega eggs that expire tomorrow on for .44 Cents reg $4.49! So will fry up 6 for egg mcmuffins the next few mornings and use the other 6 to make French toast for the freezer (with my free Wonder bread from Oasis/wonder coupon) Take it out of freezer and let defrost a bit and pop in the toaster for a quick breakfast!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well you are the Queen of RCSS FBM!! It is so nice to have things ready to go, if I don't I am a disorganized mess.
    Funny I am the same with the laundry too, Jayden thinks he needs to wash his hoodies and sweaters after every wear. I have just been tossing them in the dryer for a few minutes with bounce and rehang them if they are still clean..haven't been busted yet!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

very generous gift Mrs. S. you'll be busy for a while, enjoy the color choices

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information