User Tag List

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

take it easy crochetlady
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well ladies I took a chance today and so far so good. A HE washing machine was posted for sale this morning on a FB mom swap. Said it was 3 years old. It was the same one I am looking to buy for around $700 plus tax ( and delivery maybe). So after asking many questions and confirming it worked great I said I would take a chance and trust it worked well for $150 and could pick up today. ( they were asking $250) they accepted my offer! It was an older cople that were given a new washer and said I was getting a great machine. It
    works
    great and really spins the water out. Comforter I washed 1 St dried so quick in dryer!! Was going to move in my suv but friends hubby said it may leak water so offered his truck. He ended up coming so was greatful for the muscle and the old one is moved to the garage. So happy it worked out . So instead of using the money I have for it in account I used cash from my selling crap jar!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 07:33 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thats awesome FBM. love how that works out.

finally reposted a few items and have hits on all of them.
    every penny more i have for saturday is better than nothing.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks!
    I did get to church this morning but was half way there with db when I noticed I hadn't put my makeup on! OMG! Barefaced in public!
    Poor MAX was sick in the night and was COMPELLED to try to "fix" it when I let him out of his cage. (For those who don't know, MAX is my DOG not my husband!) Poor Buddy! I think that all the commotion of everyone here and maybe a little scrounge of chocolate shavings might have upset his tummy.
    So I have washed all his bedding and sanitized the carpet. (He sleeps in my closet.)
    Everything is almost back to normal with gifts put away- chocolate nibbled on , dogs walked.... now I am chilling.
    We have a "freezing drizzle" warning but we don't have to go anywhere.

I have to keep working on income tax prep stuff, but my head's a little fuzzy today. Might be a migraine fixing to visit with the weather changing.

Hope you all are enjoying the rest of the weekend! It's "Family Day" in Ontario next Monday. So long weekend coming up.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have my 3rd load in the wash . Made up a quick batch of oatmeal balls lol ( oats, peanut butter, honey , chocolate chips) great for afternoon snack at work with tea. Sending a bag full with my honey for his afternoon coffee.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be MIAing some days next week as my mother is in the hospital, my dad brought her in on Thursday afternoon, they did bloodwork only to discover she had a heart attack sometime either Thursday or Friday. They are sending her by ambulance to another hospital for test etc and depending will go from there.

I told my dad I will go down for a couple days visit with him and visit with my mom.

Well off to call my brother and see if he has any news as my dad is away for the day attending a wake & funeral for a cousin that was killed on a farming accident, very sad and tragic.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    J&C, I'm hoping your mom will be fine and recover quickly! I'm the captain of the local Heart & Stroke fundraising group for my area and the theme this year is "Send them Home" I truly wish this for your family! And please accept my condolences on behalf of your family for the tragic loss you described.

Take care! We'll be sending healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    It's funny, cause when I signed up for cable & internet, I had to use a CC & wasn't given much choice in the matter (maybe cause I live in a condo in downtown Toronto?). I switched internet last summer & am beyond happy now (first Rogers who double-billed me, then Bell whose service was spotty, now Teksavvy who is only recently serving my neighbourhood, before my only options were Bell or Rogers).
    We switched to Teksavvy too, after Bell SAID that we would get great internet here but when their technicians would come out to check out why we WEREN'T getting great internet, even THEY would say that because we were at the edge of town, our internet would ALWAYS be spotty. We've had great reception from Teksavvy.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm a bit behind, so I thought I'd catch up a page at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    My coconut tapioca was a bust. Who knew that tapioca pr meant pearls and not powder (i.e., flour)? Suffice to say that the pasty pudding was not quite what I had hoped for. My friends were real troopers and did try it, but you know something is bad when someone who lives for dessert claims to be full after one bite. Good thing there's always ice cream and chocolates on hand. Wonder whether my coconut-loving roommate will enjoy failed-experiment dessert?
    Oh Andit, you didn't! Tapioca pudding with powder, oh my! I've grown up with that dessert, and somehow, I can just imagine what it would taste like. Too funny! Don't give up on trying it when you get the real pearls. It's way different!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Sweetsparrow - yes try Fabricland for zippers for the various lengths and types. The pant zippers have the squared off pulls/bigger teeth and the skirt/dress zippers have the tapered point pulls and metal or nylon teeth. Maybe check your thread supply to ensure you have the matching thread for the garments you intend replace the zippers in.
    Sometimes a big sewing machine vendor (if selling more than one brand) may carry a decent notion section as well. Walmart as last resort/in a pinch for zippers due to limited selection of colours etc.
    Thank you! My mom told me to try the thrift shop for zippers. To be honest, I'm a bit hesitant. If it was someone's old zipper collection, sure. If they're seconds, I imagine the worst since zippers fasten pretty important spots. Think I'll try Fabricland, Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    If you are in Ontario Zehrs has Salmon Fillets $1.99 ea (pretty decent price especially if you just want 1 or 2 fillets and not a "family pack"). Zehrs also has roasts and stewing beef $4.99/lb.

I prefer to buy the Eye of the Round roasts when they are on sale for $1.99 - $2.99/lb and cut them up. Some into roasts, some into steaks and some into stewing beef. I haven't seen any beef for that price for a long time We bought a roast (not sure what kind) a few weeks ago at Food Basics for $3.88lb and just a small one. That's the cheapest I've seen lately. I haven't even bought any ground beef - I bought ground chicken for $2.88lb and have been using that instead
    I am in Ontario, but not near a Zehrs. I'll keep an eye out for eye of round roasts. I've been waiting to find extra lean ground beef for 2.99/lb. It's been a long wait so we've been having a lot of ground pork and chicken instead.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm going to be MIAing some days next week as my mother is in the hospital, my dad brought her in on Thursday afternoon, they did bloodwork only to discover she had a heart attack sometime either Thursday or Friday. They are sending her by ambulance to another hospital for test etc and depending will go from there.

I told my dad I will go down for a couple days visit with him and visit with my mom.

Well off to call my brother and see if he has any news as my dad is away for the day attending a wake & funeral for a cousin that was killed on a farming accident, very sad and tragic.
    jasperandchar, I'm so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    My flu is over, but I feel like I'm left with residual ickiness - which might even be from not being active over the past week, I suppose. Just don't feel like myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    is it possible to catch a cold on one side only? lol
    Oh, I hate cold season! I hope you feel better soon, Natalka and MrsSunshine. Yes, it is possible to catch a cold on one side only. I think I've caught every major cold out there and I've had that one a few times.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a klutz day for me. I managed to get a nasty papercut right by the nail that just did not want to stop bleeding. Grrr. I finally managed to stop the bleeding, decided to do a few little things around the kitchen and managed to pinch a finger on my other hand in the drawer. Sigh. Needless to say, it became a do nothing day. Right now I'm typing with 2 fingers, so today might be the same.

Wonder how well I could type if I wrap myself in bubblewrap?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yesterday hubby's brother and his wife popped in for a coffee-its so nice and refreshing listening to family members talk about their grown kids/spouses and all of their problems -then you know you are not alone -hate people that think their kids are so perfect -cause we all are not perfect
    -shoveled a tiny bit -veranda and front walk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Another work week for me but may treat myself to an afternoon or day off this week Will see how much I get done in the next 3 days. Tonight's plan is to get all laundry left at my moms and bring it home since I am back in business! Have a load of whites left to do but will wait till mid-end of the week since it is not needed and I can add my much need white socks since they could use some bleach! DS has a hockey game tonight so no big dinner. May just have an egg with toast. Something in my tummy so I don't give in to the smell of fries at the arena. Well off to get stuff off my desk. Have a great day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM great find and price for the new washer and no out of pocket technically

avon hope your max feels better soon, poor guy, they get so embarassed when they have accidents or are sick

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

andit papercuts are awful, hopefully today will be a clutz free day

coupon girl you are so correct - people try to portray a perfect life but really everyone has their ups and downs and I'm sure it was comforting to know you are not alone

hope everyone that was feeling icky is on the mend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I met my dad saturday pm at the hospital, dh drove me down and the kids wanted to see nana as we really didn't know what was going on and it didn't sound good.

Saturday night she didn't look great

Sunday (yesterday) she was able to talk without weasing and even laughed at our ridiculous stories or plays of events.

She was transferred this am by ambulance (planned) to another hospital where her cardiologist is to endergo some test. I called this am and the nurse called back to say that they were unable to unblock the blockage in her and would repeat the test in a few days and determine how they would proceed. she underwent a triple bi-pass last year around this time and has never been the same, I think that the blockage re-appeared shortly after that surgery but who knows.

Anyways we aren't allowed to visit right now but we'll call later and see when we can pop in. I would really like to speak with the cardiologist to get a better understanding of exactly is going on and what they plan on doing. My dad is enjoying, I'm not sure that's the best choice of words but he likes having me around for company and I act as a distraction .

On a positive front I've spoken to my brother to whom I haven't spoken to in 4 years and it feels great, we just started off like old times, I've always been afraid to contact him as i didn't want him to get upset or tare a strip off me but so far so good.

I miss my husband and kids and I find the time long at my parents house but it's where I need to be until I get more information with regard to my mom.

I'm scheduled for my gull-bladder surgery and if my armpit problems are acting up the day I go in (Feb. 19th), the surgeon will do the surgery on the right side which never healed, so fingers crossed it continues to act up and it will be fixed (lol). I've been warned that the 2nd surgery may not fix the problem as it's a rare condition that is not receptive to medications (which i sadly know now) and that because it's bacterial I may just have to live with it, however, I am prepared to take a 2nd chance and hope it gets fixed. I originally had both arms done years ago and 1 took and the other didn't so I'm well aware that
    it may not get resolved but I'm willing to take the chance (babble babble).

A heartfelt thank you to everyone sending positive thoughts, prayers and kind words about my mom. It's greatly appreciated and comforting.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information