User Tag List

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wishing you R&R Nancy and a quick recovery. Glad things went well.

I walked into my financial planners office at 30 and said, "I'm worried about retirement, can we talk retirement." She told me, "The fact that you are saying that is exactly why I am NOT worried about your retirement." She also indicated, like Nancy said, that there are people who want to retire with every luxury and that is why they can't afford it. When she asked me what my retirement looked like, I answered a roof over my head and a trip or two.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Absolutely get your rest, J&C....I believed those, "Oh, you'll be back to normal in a few days!" Nonsense.
    I'm not a wimp, but, Oiy! It was a good 2-3 weeks before I felt anywhere normal, and I also had laparoscopic surgery. Take it easy, too....wishing you a quick recovery!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon/Evening Everyone,

Congrats Angela

Rest and Relax Nancy

Yes I am in Hawaii and yes what a great week to be away, many emails as we were leaving from those not coming with commenting on the weather.

Things have been totally insane, good news no time to spend money bad news is going completely insane. The week before we left I was back in my regular branch as the girl who does our invoicing was off. Luckily I was back in my normal branch as I was given 3 large projects that should have taken probably about 2 weeks to complete to get done before we left as there are a million and more things on the go at work right and I am in some way shape or form involved in all of them. I got 2 of the 3 projects done before leaving and completed the third Monday morning from Hawaii, luckily it was a holiday which gave me an extra day to get the information out. I know some said I was on vacation and to let it go but I couldn't because I knew me not completing these things would hold others back and just because I am away for a week they should not be forced to not have all the information they need to do their jobs.

I still have 2 projects to work on well I am away, which I have not started. Will work on one shortly but probably will not complete today but that is what the over 10 hours of flying time will be for on the way home. Our first flight I will probably sleep as we take off at like 10 something pm and land at 6 something am. We than have 6 hours to kill in the airport before another almost 6 hour flight home which is when I will probably do most of my work.

Hawaii is great and awesome but of course me being me I got injured. The other night coming out of the luau someone behind me kicked my foot which caused me to kick my sisters flip flop and completely pop up half of my big toe nail. We were at another hotel within the same resort so we had to get back to out hotel before we could do anything, we cleaned it up the best we could but must admit I got completely bummed as no one wants to be injured on vacca. Yesterday well we were out we were able to get supplies so I can still go swimming and keep my toe protected. I will be going to the Doc Monday when I get back, nothing like your first back after being gone for a week to have to leave early, opps.

Than today I hit my head on the water slide some how and decided it was time for me to just come back to condo, I already had a headache before I hit my head so figured before I got burnt again and my headache got any worse to just come back. Now everyone else is out golfing well I chill in the condo. Slowly chopping veggies for dinner, getting some work done (must customers decided to go insane today so quite a bit to be sorted out) and letting my toe rest well no one is here to comment on it not be wrapped.

Already looks like my first week back will be jammed packed my first day back as I mentioned off to the doc to get looked at, than I have already booked a meeting for later in the week at another location. Seems like no matter what I do and no matter how much people say they want me back in my normal location I just cannot seem to stay in one spot. As well there is talk of more travelling as one new staff member started the week before we left and we are currently looking to hire 2 additional staff members so in total 3 of our 5 retails location will have one new staff member hopefully before the end of March, which if I go to work with them will send me in 3 different directions. Will ask my Dad his thoughts and if he wants me to go and than discuss it with out controller when I get back.

Just saw something you do see everyday, just looked up from my laptop of see a whole pack of goats crossing the golf course outside our room.

Hope everyone has a great day/night (still have not adjusted to the 5 hour time difference)
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Ashley, why couldn't you have made it a pure holiday with no work!

My sister is in Holualoa - and the pics she posts of it are just beautiful! She's there with her husband and two adult daughters.

Good night, everyone! It's almost Friday!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Congrats on twins Angela!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope you`re getting a good nights sleep Nancy.
    Andit, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I actually did pretty well Tuesday I did do next to no work as were out almost all day and left my BB back. Wednesday I only did what I could from my BB as I could not access my laptop, but today well today things went completely upside down on me and it was time to step into action and get everything worked out. I have come to accept with my job that there are things I need to do to keep everything running smoothly plus it has given me some nice alone time. Right now I am sitting outside on our balcony all alone just me and my laptop.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Absolutely get your rest, J&C....I believed those, "Oh, you'll be back to normal in a few days!" Nonsense.
    I'm not a wimp, but, Oiy! It was a good 2-3 weeks before I felt anywhere normal, and I also had laparoscopic surgery. Take it easy, too....wishing you a quick recovery!
    Thanks Lynn49 I can honestly say I am a wimp as I have no pain tolerance and couldn't sleep last night as I'm a tummy sleeper and well I couldn't sleep on my tummy. I am actually quite sore to be honest but I am hopeful that the pain will subside as the weeks go by.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley sounds like you're on a working vacation you poor dear.

I hope you still had a wonderful time while in Hawaii and I'm sorry about your injuries.....eek..

I hope when you arrive home you will be able to relax before heading back to work.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

So, my plans for yesterday got all kerfuffled. Instead of running my errand, I ended up helping out a couple of neighbours (both had deliveries & had something come up so they asked if I wouldn't mind letting the delivery folks in). One friend kept trying to call & I kept putting her off, worried the neighbour would call while I was on the phone. Silly me was having a really confusing day, since I kept trying to open the one neighbour's door with the wrong key, when trying to let the fellow in. Spent the rest of the day flaking out on the couch. Meanwhile, I completely forgot to call another friend. Sigh. No wonder I fell asleep watching tv at 8pm (not like me at all!). Here's hoping today things flow a bit more smoothly. Well, we've already had the send Quincy cat to his room aka jail moment when he tried to beat up Lily dog for daring to share the sunny spot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Thanks Lynn49 I can honestly say I am a wimp as I have no pain tolerance and couldn't sleep last night as I'm a tummy sleeper and well I couldn't sleep on my tummy. I am actually quite sore to be honest but I am hopeful that the pain will subside as the weeks go by.
    Boy can I relate to your not sleeping on your tummy situation; when I broke my leg last May I was in a full leg cast, with it up on a pillow for about 6 weeks, then a horribly uncomfortable leg brace...I just could not wait to sleep without any appliance on my leg once more, AND sleep on my side again, let alone my tummy!

Hon, yep...as much as they downplay the pain, you'll have it, I'm sorry to say. And here's one bit of news in case it happens to you; scared me to death!....When I was still in the hospital I had the most clenching pain I've ever experienced right where my gallbladder was...omg, I thought something was left in there! I rang for the nurse, and of course, no one came. I was in agony. I rang again and again, and finally a nurse strolled in and I told her what I was experiencing and she just casually said something like: Oh, that's quite normal, just a spasm, I'll give you something for the pain. NORMAL?! If it was so normal, why wasn't I told beforehand so that I wouldn't panic when it happened?!
    So if you experience and sudden tightness, or clenching at the sight, just know that it's 'probably' just that spasm thing and not to panic, okay? Of course, call your surgeon's office if it persists.
    I hope you have a good supply of medications for the pain....don't be afraid to take them when you need them, and you can supplement with x-tra strength Tylenol, but if you do, take a Soflax at night because tylenol has a way of bunging things up which is doubly bad for someone with a sore tummy to deal with.
    Rest is your best medicine and I hope you can get plenty of it...relax and don't lift things, vacuum, etc, as I'm sure you've been told. It'll take time, but day by day you're healing and you'll be out of the woods before you know it.

Hope that helps, hope I didn't scare you ... if you need to chat, I'm here...take care, Hon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Boy can I relate to your not sleeping on your tummy situation; when I broke my leg last May I was in a full leg cast, with it up on a pillow for about 6 weeks, then a horribly uncomfortable leg brace...I just could not wait to sleep without any appliance on my leg once more, AND sleep on my side again, let alone my tummy!

Hon, yep...as much as they downplay the pain, you'll have it, I'm sorry to say. And here's one bit of news in case it happens to you; scared me to death!....When I was still in the hospital I had the most clenching pain I've ever experienced right where my gallbladder was...omg, I thought something was left in there! I rang for the nurse, and of course, no one came. I was in agony. I rang again and again, and finally a nurse strolled in and I told her what I was experiencing and she just casually said something like: Oh, that's quite normal, just a spasm, I'll give you something for the pain. NORMAL?! If it was so normal, why wasn't I told beforehand so that I wouldn't panic when it happened?!
    So if you experience and sudden tightness, or clenching at the sight, just know that it's 'probably' just that spasm thing and not to panic, okay? Of course, call your surgeon's office if it persists.
    I hope you have a good supply of medications for the pain....don't be afraid to take them when you need them, and you can supplement with x-tra strength Tylenol, but if you do, take a Soflax at night because tylenol has a way of bunging things up which is doubly bad for someone with a sore tummy to deal with.
    Rest is your best medicine and I hope you can get plenty of it...relax and don't lift things, vacuum, etc, as I'm sure you've been told. It'll take time, but day by day you're healing and you'll be out of the woods before you know it.

Hope that helps, hope I didn't scare you ... if you need to chat, I'm here...take care, Hon!
    thanks for sharing Lynn49, I am experiencing a bunch of weird pulling/pinching just above my belly button and it feels kind of hollow if that makes sense...hard to explain.

I noticed everyone once in a while I spit up a small amount of blood, did you experience this?

Have a wonderful day and again appreciate the feedback.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

So, my plans for yesterday got all kerfuffled. Instead of running my errand, I ended up helping out a couple of neighbours (both had deliveries & had something come up so they asked if I wouldn't mind letting the delivery folks in). One friend kept trying to call & I kept putting her off, worried the neighbour would call while I was on the phone. Silly me was having a really confusing day, since I kept trying to open the one neighbour's door with the wrong key, when trying to let the fellow in. Spent the rest of the day flaking out on the couch. Meanwhile, I completely forgot to call another friend. Sigh. No wonder I fell asleep watching tv at 8pm (not like me at all!). Here's hoping today things flow a bit more smoothly. Well, we've already had the send Quincy cat to his room aka jail moment when he tried to beat up Lily dog for daring to share the sunny spot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Hope your day is much calmer than yesterday, poor Lily hope she enjoys the sunny spot all by herself

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm already getting some budget numbers together for March.

DH & I will be doing the budget on Wednesday and in preparation I like to keep a running list of expenses while I think of them such as Logan's birthday, I would never forget that but I want to budget for the treat out to celebrate his special day. And also need to include the accountants fee for our taxes, I don't dare do them myself as I'm a bit overwhelmed and challenged and don't want to screw up, it's worth the peace of mind and saves me the agony of triple guessing myself

I also hoping that the spray foam kit can be purchased in March and possibly the door that needs to be ordered for Jaden's new bedroom, it needs to be ordered as they don't stock that type so we'll see what miracles we can pull off in March.

My goals with respect to groceries for March is to stock up on meat sales and a planned trip to Costco for certain bulk items. No frivolous spending in the forecast but smart choices and sale shopping.

For those of you with Costco memberships I was told that you can now use any MasterCard it doesn't have to be Capital 1, can anyone confirm this to be fact vs. fiction?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

man Nancy, i was in so much pain after mine came out, i couldn't even think let alone type..
    i ended up back in with an infection. the 5% chance of one they told me not to worry about.

my mom ended up taking my newborn for nearly a month after that. god bless her.
    i hope you recover quickly. take EVERYONES offers.

its still cold here. making small list for some snacks as i have the girls over sunday. tomorrow were going to my parents to deliver the great news.
    he had his first 'day' yesterday. he starts monday. he's excited. going to be early only shifts. until he gets his license and truck on the road dh/bus will be his ride.

im currently working on a walker bag for my dad. so he can 'hide' his things in it instead of them hanging in a baggie off his handle.

anyway. enjoy your day everyone.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information