User Tag List

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

for sure jasper-shopping like the old folks so true
    look at me I really needed clothing so today got 9 tops -one for hubby in there and 1 towel -allfor 29.95
    I even got some summer tops too my mom always went thrift shopping -cause she raised 2 small boys without a hubby age 3 age 5-when when my dad was paralized and out of work in his 40"s i remember her taking me on a bus to market and then thrift shopping at the salvation army
    -I remember just 2 and a half years ago(she will be gone 2 years this march) she really wanted a new knit sweater with pockets of course and she said to me "help me find one "I just laughed and said sure mom-we never found one that day but really nice clothing instead
    -so look what I got for 29.95 if I bought new or on sale in dept stores -I easy would have gotten only 2 tops
    -in fact I didnt even feel like going in marksworkwarehouse today to get more deals -I will just keep that 50.00 giftcard til another day
    and its funny cause 2 of my brothers (the one that gambled and the younger brother that had money problems) said to me once "ewe who shops in those stores"heck I do
    -my other brother in London,ont shops thrift -he thinks like me
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 23rd, 2015 at 05:43 PM.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I didn't have anything planned for daycare lunch today as it was a surprise school cancellation day. I went from having to feed 1 little one to an additional 5 kids (including my own 2) so nothing too nutritious today - the last of my Jane's chicken nuggets, a box of kd and canned corn. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies for snacks to kind of round it out lol.

Dinner tonight is leftovers - spaghetti for my picky kiddos and beef fajitas for me (using leftover roast made yesterday and peppers from the freezer).

Still lots of leftover roast so I'm thinking of turning it into beef stew since I found a box of beef broth in the pantry.

I went shopping at No Frills on Saturday but they were sold out of the Catch of the Day basa fillets they had advertised on sale (my frugal fav since salmon and rainbow trout are so expensive). So I'm thinking of taking the little daycare kiddos with me Wednesday to see if they have restocked. Also want to grab more Jane's chicken strips or nuggets (whatever they have) so I have some on hand for March Break (no more snow days or extreme windchill days allowed lol).
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Mon, Feb 23rd, 2015 at 06:10 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl you have so much to show for your purchases today vs. shopping at a retail store (new clothes). Thrift stores in my opinion, where the smart minded shop and the best part is there is basically no 2 pieces of clothing in the same size available (lol), I like that to be honest, atleast I get choose from a wide variety of clothes that have many different styles available vs. what's in style and really.....what's in style these days ladies??? no offense to anyone who doesn't buy 2nd hand
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Went to sdm will keep an eye to see that my 18,500 pts will be added in the next little while....yippee...I'm acutally short 8,000 pts for the largest redemption....I made an error but that's okay, it's still all good (wink)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got my taxes filed yesterday and will be receiving a refund-of course my husband is a different story-he will wait and pay and file his later. Mind you if I hadn't hogged all the deductions and slapped some of my pension income on him it might be a different story!! Hope those with youngsters and one higher income parent are able to take advantage of the family income tax splitting and get $ back. I learned we can't do that as we already split our pension income-which for some unknown reason gave us a bit more back. Lazy day-DH is taking the car in for minor tweaks-the next 3 days look busier.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, hoping the computer is going to let me do anything and everything I want today - Milan spent all his time after work til around 10 working on it last night - doing upgrades, updates, etc. So he gave up two evenings doing all that, such an awesome son!
    The computer is old, plus we got it refurbished, so anything which can be done to keep it up and running well is just great!
    That is frugal to the max, for sure!

Hope y'all have a FAB day!

saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi!
    @Andit

received the baby coupons yesterday! Thank you. I gave you my old postal code by mistake...hence the delay. At least the postal code is only one hamlet over. Who knows when they would have arrived if I had moved far and gave you one from a city away. Must be more vigilant when addressing. I still have a few straggling addresses notifications to do too...

Have a great day everyone!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Off to see Robin Hood tonight, should be fun! I'll have to get in a nap or 2 (or 20!) before I go (had a restless night full of weird dreams - think I have to lay off watching tales of espionage & murder ).

In the meantime, who knew dancing in a music video could be so dangerous?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well my son asked if he could bring "ashlyn" over -he needed to get his car stickers -he will be 30 on Friday -wow where has the time gone

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

how's the new car lizzie? The relief of doing your taxes is over with and now you can relax, I wish I would receive the rest of our stuff that is need oh well in time.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Natalka great news about your pc, Milan sounds like a real gem, you are all blessed to have each other. Enjoy your now functioning computer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning everyone! Busy Busy at home and work for me this week. Finally booked our trip so will be on the rush to get the boys passports on time! I love a challenge . Will aim to not shop much the next few weeks and use up stuff in the freezer. Just getting fresh stuff. Will start pulling stuff to pack on the weekend but are packing light (shorts/swimsuits etc) Will keep at the house stuff before we go too so we come home to a cleaner/more organized home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-new car is great and the old one sold-they had noticed some scratches in a plastic edge piece at the top of the front door( we hadn't) so they said they would replace it once the part arrived. Now to get busy arranging a house exchange for the summer-have one booked in England in 2016 but need to nail one down for this summer-cheapest way to travel in my view-especially when you find one within driving distance!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hear ya lizzie and I'm totally on board, I will be milking this baby as long as I can .

he's on laundry duty too.....I'm living the dream
    @jasperandchar -the tv remote comes to you easily now? That's living!

I like your plan to have your sons cook by using what's on hand. That is how you learn to modify recipes but like you said, you use what you have.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-new car is great and the old one sold-they had noticed some scratches in a plastic edge piece at the top of the front door( we hadn't) so they said they would replace it once the part arrived. Now to get busy arranging a house exchange for the summer-have one booked in England in 2016 but need to nail one down for this summer-cheapest way to travel in my view-especially when you find one within driving distance!
    good luck on finding a summer getaway booked and great news on the new piece they are replacing on the car

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information