User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Thanks for your kind words ladies. I have been crocheting for more than 45 years but because I`ve been selling the same things for more than 30 years there are a lot of stitches that I`ve never bothered learning to do. Now I`m so busy with the regular stuff that I have no time for anything new.

@ss glad you are all feeling better

@sa take it easy and get lots of rest. Everything else will still be there when you`re feeling better.

@ MrsS Can`t wait to see a pic. I`m tech challenged...haven`t a clue how to do it.

@ Momof5boys. Glad to hear you`re progressing with the crocheting. It gives you such a feeling of accomplishment to see a finished product.
    I bet you could crochet in the dark @Crochetlady an it would be perfect
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley go easy on yourself, something quick & easy and lots of rest and enjoy the house to yourself
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady is a professional crocheter

I wish I lived next door to her
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I have been crocheting for more than 45 years but because I`ve been selling the same things for more than 30 years there are a lot of stitches that I`ve never bothered learning to do. Now I`m so busy with the regular stuff that I have no time for anything new.

@ss glad you are all feeling better

@sa take it easy and get lots of rest. Everything else will still be there when you`re feeling better.

@ MrsS Can`t wait to see a pic. I`m tech challenged...haven`t a clue how to do it.

@ Momof5boys. Glad to hear you`re progressing with the crocheting. It gives you such a feeling of accomplishment to see a finished product.
    What regular things do you crochet? And where do you sell the items? I've found a stash of patterns on line which has been helpful for the frugal in me

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

finally managed to get a pic of the blanket. Last one i'll be making. I'm going to be sticking to regular patterns from now on.Name:  C@Cdone 001.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  95.9 KB
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

HockeY practice almost done. Then home for bacon and eggs. Make lunches and get everyone ready for the day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-have been waking up at 5.00 a.m lately -darn
    -staying in my p.j's today til 4.00p.m then gonna watch"ashlyn" at their house til my son gets home at 6.30(momma's going out with girlfriends)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    What regular things do you crochet? And where do you sell the items? I've found a stash of patterns on line which has been helpful for the frugal in me
    I crochet baby afghans and the tops on towels that you hang on cupboards. I sell both at AnnaMae`s restaurant in Millbank and the towels at 3 other stores in the area.

I think you can find a pattern online for just about anything.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    finally managed to get a pic of the blanket. Last one i'll be making. I'm going to be sticking to regular patterns from now on.Name:  C@Cdone 001.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  95.9 KB
    Very nice MrsS. I`ve never done a corner to corner one.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  New Colours.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  86.2 KBName:  Steel Grey Blanket.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  35.8 KB

I finished and shipped my Grey Blanket to its new home and started a new one on tuesday! This one is my MIL's xmas gift. I'm still waiting for the 3 other colours i ordered from yarnspirations to arrive. The plan is to work on the new blanket on weeks we have the boys and work on the complicated blanket the weeks the boys are with their mom. I got a really nice blanket patter from my mom for christmas in 2013 but when the boys talk to me (and the youngest never stopps talking) i loose track of where I am in my stitches!

Tonight Supper i think from the meal plan was shaken bake chicken. I attempted to change it but bf turned his nose up at spaghetti and meat sauce so I'll save that for another day (the sauce is already made and frozen in the freezer) Still have yet to decide on fridays meal.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I crochet baby afghans and the tops on towels that you hang on cupboards. I sell both at AnnaMae`s restaurant in Millbank and the towels at 3 other stores in the area.

I think you can find a pattern online for just about anything.
    I love the towels i see people make. I tried knitting one but I dont think it looked near as nice as the crocheted ones!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -glad you are at home and like the others have suggested, make do with very easy meals (pantry surprise-any instant or quick heat soup/stew-toss in some dried herbs/seasonings) and hot drinks. Nice to be in own bed when body says for you to rest!
    @thriftygranny -birthday dinner plans are scrumptious and very warm-destination in spirit!
    @coupon girl -wish I was able to visit Value Village today for the last day of their 3-day 50% off winter wear sale. I've been super glad this week and last that my Jan. buy of a coat has an attached cuff inside each sleeve to help me keep warm! Wouldn't mind warmer gloves but it might be too late for those now. I just put my hands into pockets when the wind gusts and keep my bookbag light.

Is the US-CDN exchange rate for 2014 located on this page? http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Name:  New Colours.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  86.2 KBName:  Steel Grey Blanket.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  35.8 KB

I finished and shipped my Grey Blanket to its new home and started a new one on tuesday! This one is my MIL's xmas gift. I'm still waiting for the 3 other colours i ordered from yarnspirations to arrive. The plan is to work on the new blanket on weeks we have the boys and work on the complicated blanket the weeks the boys are with their mom. I got a really nice blanket patter from my mom for christmas in 2013 but when the boys talk to me (and the youngest never stopps talking) i loose track of where I am in my stitches!

Tonight Supper i think from the meal plan was shaken bake chicken. I attempted to change it but bf turned his nose up at spaghetti and meat sauce so I'll save that for another day (the sauce is already made and frozen in the freezer) Still have yet to decide on fridays meal.
    Very nice blanket Saundyl. I hear ya about the talking. Hubby always seems to start talking when I`m doing the beginning chain.

I use crochet cotton on the towels. I know some people use yarn.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had to get gas and cash a reimbursement cheque so went to Superstore. Took a look at clearance bread and found nothing. Walked by the meat section and found some beautiful steaks marked down and with "Special" stickers. (DS is having his Girlfriend over for dinner tomorrow night for the 1st time so wanted to make something nice) Grabbed 2 Lbs of fresh asparagus (on for $1.97 LB) add potatoes, fresh mushrooms and onion and dinner sounds great Best part is I redeemed $20 in PC pts so it is a free treat

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information