User Tag List

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Hurrah for more energy! Ashlyn will use it all, I'm sure. DH and I are wondering how to divide up our time off since LO's daycare closes for 6 days in March. We need to move closer to bobbiegirl2010 if she has space for another client.
    Oh thanks Sweetsparrow Yes its too bad you don't live closer as I will have a space opening the end of May (one Mom is having another LO and going on Mat Leave). Palmerston is a very nice small town to live in lol. No public transit here but everything is within walking distance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes Mrs S I think you will definitely all survive this and it sounds like your family finances will get a boost from extra people working in your house. I think we are all tougher than we think-I remember my sister, who at your sons age was definitely not a morning person, and now she willingly gets up at 5 a.m. every day to be at work for 6 so she can be home when her kids get off the school bus.

Hopefully your son will adjust soon and start to get more sleep, get over the butterflies and be independent in the mornings( getting self up, making brekkie and packing his lunch) except for the ride he needs. I can understand you wanting to help him out the first week for sure-I can't though remember if you said though that one of your sons had special needs so perhaps he needs the extra hand. If he has anxiety about work perhaps a chat with the family doc may offer some solutions or a medication? I hope he is as proud of himself as you are to be gaining work skills and earning his own money! Good luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    We don't have a will, far as were concerned no one wants our stuff. Our kids are adults so no worries on who takes them.
    Not much $ to fight over. LOL.
    Anything we do have of value i'll be wearing

so its Friday. so thankful been a long and stress filled week.

question.. my son is pregnant.. ok no but he's had 'morning sickness' all week. or butterflies. ALOT of them
    to the point.. well ya.. we're not sure how to get him over this hump. is it temporary once he feels more comfy.
    or are we looking at long term 'blaghs' because of the hour he has to be up. He's so NOT a morning person.
    its a knee jerk reaction for me and im having issues. dh says SIUP sunshine you need to get over it and get going.
    while he's trying to start cars/clean them off by himself, im inside holding my kids hand sorta speak..

man i hope winter ends fast. i start my journey on Monday myself. are we going to survive this.
    As far as will is concerned you should at the very least have something basic drawn up for the sake of your sons, it is a mess of red tape for them even to come up with the funeral expenses if you have nothing specified and can be a real nightmare.At the very least make sure they know what your wishes are.
    As far as your son goes I am with your husband..suck it up. Life is hard and he has only been working for a week, hopefully he will get into a routine, and this is temporary.
    Not sure what your mystical journey on Monday is but have fun and good luck!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I got a call last night from the lady I sold mine too - she was thrilled and said that her and her children had quite the disagr4eement on whose bed it goes on. She also said she'd be keeping my number so she could get some gifts made.
    That is great, makes your work so worth while!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

saundyl -nice that you sold an item
    -and everyone else who knits and crochets -its nice to have a hobby and make bit extra money
    -just sold a pair of boots on kijij or my sister-in-law 13.00 coming her way -and by the way the woman looked very wealthy-highlighted hair nice jacket and boots around age 63-see its not always people that buy that don't have much she wanted a second pair for this winter-who blames her-and I guess that is how the wealthy hang on to their money-these boots were 80.00 reg price at sears-so it nice to get a deal

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Same here! Did you see the $5 off printable Buckley's coupon in the printable coupon thread?

I caught that bronchitis, popped out rib, etc. and was sick from September - January. Now I feel another cold coming on. LO has come home with a cough from daycare and I've been fighting a sore throat all week.

I see an extreme cold alert for Southern Ontario with morning temperatures from -30 to -35C. Next week's high of -17C almost sounds balmy!

Yes I've printed it off a few times to use! I wish the Tylenol Cold one would come back.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ MrsS Give it time. He`ll probably get used to it.

@ SS Hope you get rid of your cold and coughs soon. I haven`t had a cold yet this winter but since I`m still dealing with the residuals of the flare up and the after effects of being on prednisone, I don`t think I could deal with that too.

@ Saundyl Congrats. It`s always nice to know that someone appreciates your hard work. Hope you get more orders.

I went into Spinrite this morning. Their February Blowout sale is on now. Came home with a half garbage bag full of yarn. Hubby didn`t even complain...in fact it was him that said last night I should get in first thing this morning. He`s seeing how much is going out the door in finished product. Have to go into Listowel again tomorrow to pick up a RX so will stop in again to see if they got anything new in.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We`ve had our wills for years. It was hard to know what to do because we have no children but felt it was especially important for that reason. We have 2 executors...one is hubby`s niece and the other my nephew`s wife. We don`t expect to have anything left either but someone needs to know what our final wishes are and to see that they are carried out.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    We`ve had our wills for years. It was hard to know what to do because we have no children but felt it was especially important for that reason. We have 2 executors...one is hubby`s niece and the other my nephew`s wife. We don`t expect to have anything left either but someone needs to know what our final wishes are and to see that they are carried out.

I have my will started - i need to get it witnessed and notarized though.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Oh thanks Sweetsparrow Yes its too bad you don't live closer as I will have a space opening the end of May (one Mom is having another LO and going on Mat Leave). Palmerston is a very nice small town to live in lol. No public transit here but everything is within walking distance
    That timing would have been perfect for us. Let us know if you hear of any job openings. It would be so nice to be able to walk to work.

My T4 arrived yesterday so it will not be a tax-free weekend for me.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks for the advice...
    my 'wishes' are covered. dh's well not sure what i'll do with him when time comes LOL.. hopefully i go first and won't need to worry. haha although he says that won't happen.
    we rent. so nothing to worry about there house wise. may look at it later when things start progressing.

yes really hoping ds's routine and anxiety improve. he's def. a 'home boy' and after a year plus of being one this is a complete 180. alot to get used to. im sure in time it will get better.

Crochet lady soo jealous of your yarn trip. although i shouldn't be. my china cabinet is still stuffed. im thinking of making a couple of granny square blankets that match for our twin beds. use up the excess yarns.
    at least before i start buying more.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. it's natural to have butterflies especially when being tested like you mentioned, he just needs to get into a routine which even mean keeping somewhat normal hours on weekend and getting up same time, in the end he will be up and it will be like clock work, I would suggest he makes his lunch the night before etc....
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We went to Giant Tiger for sour cream and carrots (super cheap), Metro for ground beef got 8 packs and 6 boxes of post cereal for $1.99 each then quick pit stop into indepent for different cereal for jaden and a few odds and end AND told dh no more groceries until March 17th.....dramatic music

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

yes really hoping ds's routine and anxiety improve. he's def. a 'home boy' and after a year plus of being one this is a complete 180. alot to get used to. im sure in time it will get better.
    Anxiety is not fun, I have dealt with it for years, poor kid.I hope it works out for him.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay everyone I Need your help....there was a tie for the March thread name, so how do we decide, any suggestions, someone commented after the poll closed but there input cannot be considered (sorry) as the poling was closed.....

does someone feel like doing a random draw or another quick vote, if people could let me know by 9pm tonight that would be awesome, thanks

Marching Forward with Frugality!
    and
    Marching on with Savings

Marching Forward with Frugality!

321.43%
    Spring Into Savings

214.29%

Marching to Break Down Savings

00%

Take a Break from High Costs

00%

march break into savings

00%

Marching out of Debt

17.14%

March Breaking free of debt

00%

March's Mad Money

17.14%

March Money-choppers!

00%

March Margarita money savers

214.29%

March to the Frugal Beat

214.29%

Marching on with Savings

321.43%
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information