User Tag List

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

snow day here too .

Dinner tonight is pork chops on the bbq and ribs as well with a easy side of fries .

I need to check over my running grocery list and see what can be put on the back burner (it's amazing what can wait) sometimes .

I have a pick up scheduled for tonight which sounds like a sure thing as the guys fil called to let me know he was running an hour behind, so that will be $40.00 towards my $100.00 goal.

Also have several meet ups for Wednesday while out doing groceries if they all show up
    humidifier $12.00
    kettle $7.00
    3 figurines dh's $5.00
    plate holder $5.00
    Game of Thrones dvd/blu ray combo $25.

$15.00 for Jaden for Monster trucks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yahoo Canada says that "Traget Canada liquidation sales this Thursday will be 'like black Friday'"

I live 2.5hrs away from a Target location, but I know that many members on SC are looking forward to the liquidation sales.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yahoo Canada says that "Traget Canada liquidation sales this Thursday will be 'like black Friday'"

I live 2.5hrs away from a Target location, but I know that many members on SC are looking forward to the liquidation sales.
    Frugal february frugal february. I will not go near a Target. I CAN do this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks all for those lovely comments. thats what dh said too. wow you've really taken to crocheting. i LUV it.

crochetlady.. actually the dots are white. i thought it my glasses.
    kinda like when you look through dirty glasses type of 'spots'
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Snow day for us too, but since I work in the city on Monday & I had an important meeting I thought it best to make my way in. I take the GO train & today used the city bus to get to the train station. It was not taht bad, but then the train ride was so slow and the meeting was cancelled.
    The best part about the snow day...We live 800 metres from Logan's school. Oh well I am glad as keeps our teachers off the crappy roads.
    The School district my mom works for as the librarian requires staff members to be at the school irregardless of the school being closed for kids. Which really sucks when the roads are really bad.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    The battery is holding the charge but after talking a few minutes it chimes and hangs up.

Are the spots you are seeing black? It might just be floaters...nothing to be worried about...just annoying. I used to get them all the time.

Cute dress!
    That Swetie dress is so cute!

My Samsung galaxy wasnt holding a charge very well last week but I searched online and found some things to try. Mainly "wiping the cache" which does not erase the phone...and now the battery lasts all day again rather than dying within an hour.
    Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

that just makes no sense especially when the police are saying to stay off the roads
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    that just makes no sense especially when the police are saying to stay off the roads
    I have lived and worked in Saskatchewan my entire life. There are no "snow days." If it is too cold, then the busses will be cancelled, one school or one bus at a time. The staff are still expected to be there no matter what and the school is still technically open to students, even though we expect few to come.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have lived and worked in Saskatchewan my entire life. There are no "snow days." If it is too cold, then the busses will be cancelled, one school or one bus at a time. The staff are still expected to be there no matter what and the school is still technically open to students, even though we expect few to come.
    My mom is in Saskatchewan too...i was there up until 2years ago

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've never been to a target and won't start now (lol) but hope some people find some great bargains
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    thanks all for those lovely comments. thats what dh said too. wow you've really taken to crocheting. i LUV it.

crochetlady.. actually the dots are white. i thought it my glasses.
    kinda like when you look through dirty glasses type of 'spots'
    Don`t know about white spots. The floaters I get are black.

Crocheting is addictive. I was 12 or 13 when I learned. The first thing I ever made was a 12" doily made with size 20 crochet cotton. Mom was a stickler for doing things right but I was having a problem with a certain part. After ripping out and re-doing so many times I was ready to give up so she let it go. Thank goodness she did because I can`t imagine life without crocheting.
    Andit, Angela273, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`ve been to a Target once...wasn`t that impressed. The closest one to me is about an hour away.
    Andit, Angela273, Ciel and 6 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'm right there with a CrochetLady. don't know what i did before crocheting.
    im now putting thought into what my next project will be.
    lots yarn/patterns to work with. just need to make a decision.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yup same in Alberta Angela, I think the reasoning is the kids need a safe place in case their moron parents send them when the weather is clearly too dangerous to be out. I have never understood the reasoning behind this, making the teaching staff risk treacherous condtitions just in case some kids show up.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You western SCers may have seen this ON story circulating about the youth dropped off at a closed school. It's a good thing there was someone aware of the youth at the school.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...-by-storm.html

I noticed Fallen Pixels' post in the blog about new spring merchandise including the plus size clothing line (Feb. 22 launch according to @tar getNews) coming to Target stores. *Here's hoping all stores get such merchandise.*
    Saw this item on the pharmacists in Target-too bad they did not go to the media last year about what was not working out in the in-store pharmacies. http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...et-canada.html I'm thinking some stores will be closing by March unless spring sales are good?

Drifts in some spots at 5am were knee or thigh-high but fortunately only in three spots on walkway while rest were more managable. Helped to shovel snow as sibling was leaving for work (he did most of the driveway) and at 10:30 am did the walkways again then cleared snow from around the foundation as come Wed, I'm expecting puddles when the temp. warms up (then temp. fall again to very cold again). Nice cold chill tonight-I'm sure the local wildlife is going for any birdfeeders they can access to make up for last night's snow hindering their foraging. Soup & carbohydrates for me; repeat.

Went into my coupon wallet and realized the Websaver coupons expired Jan. 31 and so did a few Coupon Zone ones. Looking forward to the RedPlum Weetabix coupons later this week.

Have started to uninstall a few programs from the computer and am deleting bookmarks/favourites. Read a few pages of the ebook today and wish to finish the book tomorrow as a couple of other ebooks need attention too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information