User Tag List

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I was told that was only if you wanted the money directly taken from your bank account, but not possible by credit card.

Sweet Sparrow

That's weird because mine comes off my PC MC automatically monthly.
    What?! I am jealous! Maybe I will ask again when I ask for a discount. Seriously, I have no idea how anyone deals with Bell. It's such a trial to get through to someone sometimes.

So about the car, Lizzie, DH said he loved the Mazda 3. We've got a few friends who have had that car for many years and when it dies, they buy another!

On the Cruze, I hated it as a passenger. They had these bucket seats that tip you upward. If I tried to hold my head at a neutral angle, I was staring at the ceiling.

As a driver, DH liked the layout inside. The seats were low and everything is laid out like a sportscar. On the highway, it had no power behind the acceleration. DH also agrees with jasperandchar that it feels a bit cramped in headspace. Because the seats were so low, he had to lean forward to get out and would bang his head every time (he's 5'11"). All in all, it was an annoying car and we were happy to get back into a Toyota.

If we were to pick between the Mazda and the Cruze, we'd pick: Maz-da 3 Maz-da 3 Maz-da 3!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Blue Mazda 3 it is-thanks for all the helpful comments!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! So happy it is finally here. I have a laundry basket in the back of my vehicle to toss in the wash at my mom's today. Left the house with the kitchen clean. Used up Almond milk and OJ containers this morning so the fridge is looking empty lol. Will be great for cleaning it out in the morning ( totally taking everything out and washing shelves then planning what we have to use up and prep it) My honey is making us a nice dinner tonight (not sure what yet) DS will probably go to youth night with his friends and swim, play in the gym and game room etc. It is a great night for them. Need to finish bedrooms this weekend for sure! Will post junk for sale too as I sort it. Continue cleaning in the storage room. Plan meals for the week with stuff from freezer/pantry. Get all laundry done and put away. Wash and trim dog! And a million other things I want to get done this weekend.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LOL sounds like my weekend FBM...
    have a pick up tonite. going to post a few more things to have a little extra $ for next weekend.
    i would really like to finish my project tonite and add a few things to the 'collection' to see if it sells easier.
    i also want to finish my necklace.
    laundry is def. on my list plus ironing. get a few things organized and put away.
    and i really want to get to Giant tiger, they have men's work pants on sale, like that NEVER happens. i want to see if i can get a pair for myself. who says women can't wear them
    i need a pair of 'tough' dress pants that look ironed even when they aren't. lol. for both going out and job interviews.
    oh also need to get son to bank to try and pay off most of his phone bill.

let's face it theres always something to do.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

To all the sewers, where is the best place to buy a zipper? I have a few that need replacing. Fabricland?

Does anyone know what a good price for salmon is? I don't usually buy it, but I would like to try a few recipies for LO.

Also, we used to use stewing beef in our stews but lately, the quality hasn't been as nice as it used to be. What cuts of beef (for stews, side dishes, etc.) would you recommend and do you have a cutoff price that you have that's too expensive? Last week, I think I bought sirloin flank tip steak for $4.59/lb. It worked out well, but I have no idea if that was a good price.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beef is expensive I really want ground beef but didn't get any this week even on "sale" for $3.88 LB. The frozen deal at shoppers (3 LBS for $9.99) seems to be the best deal if I combine with 20 X the points (or redeem for it) It will be time soon to make a pile of burger patties for the freezer. I need a deal!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Late start for us (that's what I get for hosting a House of Cards marathon - we're halfway through Season 2!).

My coconut tapioca was a bust. Who knew that tapioca pr meant pearls and not powder (i.e., flour)? Suffice to say that the pasty pudding was not quite what I had hoped for. My friends were real troopers and did try it, but you know something is bad when someone who lives for dessert claims to be full after one bite. Good thing there's always ice cream and chocolates on hand. Wonder whether my coconut-loving roommate will enjoy failed-experiment dessert?

Have plans for lunch - Winterlicious at one of my local hangouts (I'll be good and refrain from the raspberry beer ).

I suspect I'll be hibernating on the weekend and trying to recover from having a life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Enjoy lunch out!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I would never let BELL (or anyone) permission to bill my credit card/bank account monthly. Once they have your $ it's hard to get them to reduce/correct the bill if there was an issue. Friends are fighting Rogers right now after a $1300 MONTHLY internet bill payment was taken from their account. They were told when they set up the service that the bill would be a certain amount regardless (they have tower issues from where they get their service Ie. long distance etc)
    It's funny, cause when I signed up for cable & internet, I had to use a CC & wasn't given much choice in the matter (maybe cause I live in a condo in downtown Toronto?). I switched internet last summer & am beyond happy now (first Rogers who double-billed me, then Bell whose service was spotty, now Teksavvy who is only recently serving my neighbourhood, before my only options were Bell or Rogers).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My internet service would only let me pay monthly if they had access to my account. I am so against that. So I pay yearly now (and it is actually a bit cheaper).
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I have never had any problems with Bell billing department.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweetsparrow - yes try Fabricland for zippers for the various lengths and types. The pant zippers have the squared off pulls/bigger teeth and the skirt/dress zippers have the tapered point pulls and metal or nylon teeth. Maybe check your thread supply to ensure you have the matching thread for the garments you intend replace the zippers in.
    Sometimes a big sewing machine vendor (if selling more than one brand) may carry a decent notion section as well. Walmart as last resort/in a pinch for zippers due to limited selection of colours etc.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avoncallingu -your hot yarn post had me laughing out loud! @MrsSunshine , I really love the varigated yarns (row two from upper right plus a couple others lower in the photo) in your new stash that you acquired!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    To all the sewers, where is the best place to buy a zipper? I have a few that need replacing. Fabricland?

Does anyone know what a good price for salmon is? I don't usually buy it, but I would like to try a few recipies for LO.

Also, we used to use stewing beef in our stews but lately, the quality hasn't been as nice as it used to be. What cuts of beef (for stews, side dishes, etc.) would you recommend and do you have a cutoff price that you have that's too expensive? Last week, I think I bought sirloin flank tip steak for $4.59/lb. It worked out well, but I have no idea if that was a good price.
    If you are in Ontario Zehrs has Salmon Fillets $1.99 ea (pretty decent price especially if you just want 1 or 2 fillets and not a "family pack"). Zehrs also has roasts and stewing beef $4.99/lb.

I prefer to buy the Eye of the Round roasts when they are on sale for $1.99 - $2.99/lb and cut them up. Some into roasts, some into steaks and some into stewing beef. I haven't seen any beef for that price for a long time We bought a roast (not sure what kind) a few weeks ago at Food Basics for $3.88lb and just a small one. That's the cheapest I've seen lately. I haven't even bought any ground beef - I bought ground chicken for $2.88lb and have been using that instead

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information