User Tag List

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar - the upside is that your parents were home and thus able to get to a hospital. In a way, their winter plans change worked to their health advantage this year. Keep your health in mind to not let them stress you out and eat on time. You have to keep your strength up for your surgery.

All the women that are busy doing their household/family things on weekends, remember to make ME time your priority next Friday or Saturday (chore-free time to do what you want-pampering, relaxing, doing an activity you have not had time for). SC hearts you!

Went to Starbucks for the breakfast sandwich (the bread is a kind of flaky pastry "bun") this morning (almost forgot!). Did a visit to nearby Tim Horton's by the library to use the Replay card and buy a couple of baked goodies. Am going through Internet withdrawal (it tanks); have reading material to help me get through the weekend and my SDM coupons printed out (nice thing about 2 free pages of printing at the library; I got 4000 pts offer for the $20 snack promo that @Lilo 003 posted about). Still have about 60 pages of Gail's e-book to read and have requested the hard copy too so I can show Mom a couple of chapters.

I am going to work on goal setting this weekend. Have to vent on paper and play what if and what can I do to make 2015 super-duper financially.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

JnC - Sorry to hear about your mom. Hoping for a speedy recovery and peace for you as you deal with the throws of visiting and caring for someone near and dear in the hospital.

thriftyg - you always have some sort of excitement going on. Glad you and Ashley made it safe on the roads.

Lots of crocheting going on here!!! I love hearing about and seeing all your wonderful creations.

We have had a productive day and have needed one. Ready to rest tonight and tomorrow for the week ahead with the peace of mind that we are organized and ready.

Our accomplishments:
    -MIL stopped in for a half hour visit, had a nice catch up, and she dropped off some frozen M&M gluten free chicken chunks that we put on for lunch (she lives across the road from us, but life keeps us busy, and both of our families are good with boudaries, so drop-bys on either side are well-timed and appreciated)
    -took LOs out to play this morning in the snow drifts as it is finally mild enough and mommy had energy (spent an hour outside)
    -I shovelled some paths, assessed winter wear on the property (high winds in the country) and took out the garbage too (only took about 15 min of the hour)
    -DH caught up on laundry and swept
    -I cleaned toilets and wiped sinks in bathrooms and did a load of dishes
    -I swept and mopped the entry way (much needed!!! as I didn't do it last week)
    -I did a bunch of paperwork including: printing off four new recipes, change of address forms for our investments (the list of the places to update is never-ending), prepared a quote for insurance coverage for orthotic footwear
    -Had a phone chat with my mom

Left to do:
    -groceries (that's fun!)
    -make invites for DD birthday party and send (that's fun too!)

Have a good one.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C - I'll keep your mom in my prayers, hoping all goes well with her in her healing.
    Do they live very far away from you?

My flu is over, but I feel like I'm left with residual ickiness - which might even be from not being active over the past week, I suppose. Just don't feel like myself.

Savings-wise today, my husband took our van over to our son's shop, where they'll do some work on it - I don't even know on what... it's nothing serious, that I know.

Of course the best bonus is getting 'free labour' (he says, just feed me, Mom!), but also if any parts are needed, son can order them through his shop with his discount.
    (and better than this actually being worktime for the men, they also get some father-son time!)

Hope everyone has a good aft and eve!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so glad your feeling better Nat. easy does it.

well dh is now cleaning the basement, while i have dinner on the go, laundry in the works.
    ds2 is now tackling his room as he found his glasses that he's been looking for for awhile.
    his old ones broke, taped them up. pita!

so 3 cancellations on p/u's today.
    keep on trying.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well happy knitters out there -this is the time(winter weather keeps us in)
    -ciel I always print my 2 shoppers emiled points at he library-yep 2 free a day
    -hubby and I went to fortinos for supper -yep you heard that right -he had a 25.00 gift card he got for xmas from his work
    -so I had a hot meal and 2 sidesand he had wings/chicken and 1 side -had to add $2 something as we both got a chocolate milk nice treat
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:35 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another snowy day here. The snowblower is getting a work out this weekend. Should get going. Fold and put away laundry in dryer. Feed kids. Get D's ready for birthday party he was invited to this afternoon for 5 hours!!! Planning to go shopping after I drop him off. Made a list of things needed to get going on renos. All trim will be painted in house and he said he is starting this week. Think we have picked colour for entrance , stairs a upstairs hallway. Bought water shut off valves so he can take sink off and start patching/painting and the flooring. Can't wait till its done

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Nancy waiting is always he hardest part especially when it comes to hospital transfers. Years ago my Oma had a heart attack and had to be transferred as at the time our hospital did not have a cardiac unit. Her transfer keep getting cancelled as new patients would end up at the hospital she needed to be transferred too and would take her bed.

I am really looking for my ambition this weekend, not sure why but this last little road trip for work really took a it of a toll on me for some reason. Other than the drive there it was no worse than any other trip so I am not sure what is up with this but it is getting annoying. On that note the goal for today is figure out what I am taking on vacation with me. I got an email from my Step Mom that due to lack of space me and my sister will need to share a suitcase. The biggest issue for me is going to be what will fit, I have gained some weight since our cruise just over a year ago and not sure what clothes will fit. I have stopped buying clothes because I never really go out anymore other than to go to work so no need as long as I have jeans and a top I am good to go. But jeans and a top do not work for Hawaii.

My other goal for today is to get ready for the week, it has been awhile since I have been back in my office and need to have proper food for the week. I have gotten used to healthy food on the go but it was not the way I eat when I am home. So I need to get my food ready for the week so I can just grab and go all week.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Seeing Saga last night was so much fun! Great music, even better company (I was with a group of SCers).

I still have the songs playing in my head. Anyone remember this?

Better check on the sleepyheads. They must be exhausted, they haven't asked for seconds for breakfast yet.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have company this weekend so we are all going out for South Indian Food brunch-then once they hit the road it will be a chill day at home.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all. even after a late night of movie watching with the fam. im still up early.
    for some reason my left nostril won't stop running.
    is it possible to catch a cold on one side only? lol

anyway. started an afghan for my son last night. will continue working on that today.
    would like to stop into a local thrift shop to see if they have an work pants.
    not paying $20 for new to have to fix the hem.

were supposed to get freezing rain then snow today. lovely.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be MIAing some days next week as my mother is in the hospital, my dad brought her in on Thursday afternoon, they did bloodwork only to discover she had a heart attack sometime either Thursday or Friday. They are sending her by ambulance to another hospital for test etc and depending will go from there.

I told my dad I will go down for a couple days visit with him and visit with my mom.

Well off to call my brother and see if he has any news as my dad is away for the day attending a wake & funeral for a cousin that was killed on a farming accident, very sad and tragic.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    Sending you positive thoughts and prayers....this sounds like a very challenging time for you and your family.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey all -daughter/hubby slept over it was nice -but this morning she was upset(his family) -she has a very demanding mother-in-law so i listened to her complain -very hard when your kids are adults
    -they stayed til 2.00 p.m
    -lazy day just doing laundry ,reading-vegging

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well, was feeling blugh. my nose was running. so i napped. for 3 freakin hours.. y didn't someone wake me up LOL
    oh well musta needed it.
    we put a small beer fridge on the porch last night. take me home im free.
    nothing all day. put it on kijiji.
    had nap.. gone.
    not sure who took it.. glad its gone.

need lunch and start on my day.. hope your all enjoying your weekend.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So my 6000 point did not work. He asked for a multi pack of his favourite gum and it should have rang in at 4.00. It rang in at less than a single pack price.
    J & C: I hope everything works out for your mom and as Ciel (I think) said it is a good thing they stayed home this winter.
    I have has several texts from DS#1 as he gives me a play be play of the trip. He is a city kid for sure, is surprised by the number of snowmobiles traveling around. Wait til he finds out I was driving one at 7 and my dad bought my own sled as we called them at 12. My how times have changed and in this case for the better.
    Granger: what a great way to announce the pregnancy to your class.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So much for getting my goals done yesterday.
    Snow shoveled...nada
    fridge cleaned...does one shelf count
    I did get a few towels done and worked on the afghan

This morning I made beef stew for lunch and the afghan is almost ready for the ruffle.

I thought I would feel better after I went off the prednisone but I had a low grade fever most of the week...a sign of arthritis flare. Have increased the Tylenol Arthritis to 6 pills a day...seems to help but I`ve been babying my hands and wrists. Figure doing some crocheting is better than doing too much and screwing them up completely.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information