User Tag List

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow J and C-great to hear that you and your brother are back on speaking terms and glad your Mum has been transferred-hopefully you can speak with the cardiologist soon. It is best to hear things directly as you know. My issue of the day seems small compared to others. I must meet with DD's govt social worker once per year to re-negotiate what they will cover re extra needs like any required Math tutoring etc as we adopted her at age 4 and they cover some costs. I just find the paperwork and accounting a bit stressful but I think I have it all organized-of course with the price of oil in AB I expect all depts have been ordered to trim their budgets. Anyway she should be here soon so nice to get that all over with-the accounting is a bit wild but we are thankful to have some of the expenses covered. Too bad they don't cover things like orthodontics-lol!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy so nice it wasn't uncomfortable talking with your brother, sometimes it needs an emergency to bring people together. I am so glad your mother came home from the winter trip, I can't imagine the costs that this would have incurred if she had been out of the country. I am just applying for travel insurance today for a trip to Hawaii, I am hoping I can get it but it is doubtful with my heart issues being so recent.

Good luck in your meeting Lizzie, I hear the red tape in situations like yours can be bad, I hope it goes well for you.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hate people that think their kids are so perfect -cause we all are not perfect
    Right now, I think baby LO is perfect. It's all downhill from here, I know.

jasperandchar, I'm glad you're enjoying your family's company. Sometimes, these tough situations have a few silver linings. I hope your mom makes some good progress!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

SS- Enjoy it while she is perfect lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh yes sweet sparrow -my granddaughter "ashlyn" is perfect too for now -love her to pieces she is 16 months now
    -love seeing the changes in her -her little finger is pointing in books now and stacking plastic blocks so carefully
    -oh and she loves her "baby " doll-puts her in the stroller -then says wherr the babby
    -it is so much fun being a nana

-got a free hair dye coupon from walmart in the mail today

-nancy so glad you are chatting with your brother-take care hon

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh nancy. such good news. keep praying for your mom. i'm sure she's in expert hands and the news from the cardiologist will be positive. keep us up to date if possible.
    did u bring anything with you to keep your mind off home. to be away without hubby.
    lets hope it goes fast, at least you get to rekindle some old relationships.

for some reason my 'cold' vanished. not complaining.

i've come to the conclusion im going to have to add in a 4th color to my sons blanket. other wise im going to run out before its done.
    i'll post pics when its done. summer of 2020?? lol

lots to do here.
    take care all .
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Oh Andit, you didn't! Tapioca pudding with powder, oh my! I've grown up with that dessert, and somehow, I can just imagine what it would taste like. Too funny! Don't give up on trying it when you get the real pearls. It's way different!
    Sure, sure, make fun of me. I will give it a shot when I recover from the trauma. Care to share any secret family recipes???

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    On a positive front I've spoken to my brother to whom I haven't spoken to in 4 years and it feels great, we just started off like old times, I've always been afraid to contact him as i didn't want him to get upset or tare a strip off me but so far so good.
    Hopefully this will give you both a chance to start fresh. And good to hear that they are taking wonderful care of your Mom. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

For the knitters out there, I came across an interesting calendar specifically for those who admire, ahem, creations. Yes, it's the knitted products I was looking at.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mallorymcinn...arn#.xwDjYWgKK
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    for some reason my 'cold' vanished. not complaining.
    That's amazing! I wish mine would do that.

LO has woken up sick this morning. Poor thing can't even drink from her cup without gasping for air.

I've decided not to post anymore about DH's expenses. It's something I can't control and if he wants to keep his job, I suppose that's how it is. He's given up on finding another with all the resumes sent and no responses. You can lead a horse to water... I'd have to apply to jobs under the radar if anything were to change.

Anyhoo, I had a few successes this weekend. I stopped into RCSS where I found a game he's been looking for on clearance. Batman's Arkham Assylum was $4.97, currently $18.55 on Amazon.ca.

I also found SoftLips lip balms on sale for $0.44/2 pk. They expire in 2017 so I picked up four.

I moved LO's (new-to-her) blocks to the front room. Her eyes lit up when I opened the lid. They've been sitting in the bathroom since I gave them a good scrubbing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

All went well with the social worker.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I met my dad saturday pm at the hospital, dh drove me down and the kids wanted to see nana as we really didn't know what was going on and it didn't sound good.

Saturday night she didn't look great

Sunday (yesterday) she was able to talk without weasing and even laughed at our ridiculous stories or plays of events.

She was transferred this am by ambulance (planned) to another hospital where her cardiologist is to endergo some test. I called this am and the nurse called back to say that they were unable to unblock the blockage in her and would repeat the test in a few days and determine how they would proceed. she underwent a triple bi-pass last year around this time and has never been the same, I think that the blockage re-appeared shortly after that surgery but who knows.

Anyways we aren't allowed to visit right now but we'll call later and see when we can pop in. I would really like to speak with the cardiologist to get a better understanding of exactly is going on and what they plan on doing. My dad is enjoying, I'm not sure that's the best choice of words but he likes having me around for company and I act as a distraction .

On a positive front I've spoken to my brother to whom I haven't spoken to in 4 years and it feels great, we just started off like old times, I've always been afraid to contact him as i didn't want him to get upset or tare a strip off me but so far so good.

I miss my husband and kids and I find the time long at my parents house but it's where I need to be until I get more information with regard to my mom.

I'm scheduled for my gull-bladder surgery and if my armpit problems are acting up the day I go in (Feb. 19th), the surgeon will do the surgery on the right side which never healed, so fingers crossed it continues to act up and it will be fixed (lol). I've been warned that the 2nd surgery may not fix the problem as it's a rare condition that is not receptive to medications (which i sadly know now) and that because it's bacterial I may just have to live with it, however, I am prepared to take a 2nd chance and hope it gets fixed. I originally had both arms done years ago and 1 took and the other didn't so I'm well aware that
    it may not get resolved but I'm willing to take the chance (babble babble).

A heartfelt thank you to everyone sending positive thoughts, prayers and kind words about my mom. It's greatly appreciated and comforting.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts @jasperandchar . We have been going through the same thing with my FIL. He had a quadruple bypass surgery at the end of October. 2 weeks before Christmas he was back in the hospital as all 4 new arteries were blocked again They did a second procedure this time an angioplasty and inserted a stent into the main new artery. He was out of the hospital and home for Christmas before going back to the hospital early Boxing Day morning because of severe angina. They kept him for observation and more tests, adjusted his meds and sent him home. Then last week he went back to the hospital again because of severe angina. He stayed at the hospital all last week but he's home for now but may have to go back if they decide to do a second angioplasty and stent. This Thursday is his 65th birthday so we are planning on going to visit them on the long wknd (they live 1.5 hours away).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided to go to Shoppers on my lunch on my way home since I had a few personal coupons I could use.
    600 pts on 4L milk, $2 off any pads (Always on for $2.99 today so .99 after coupon)and .90 cents of household cleaner so was grabbing a small vim that was on for .99cents. It rang in at $1.29 so SCOP! Of course on a super cheap item after coupon lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow quiet on here today, we can always count on Fruga bigmama to keep us in the loop!!Pretty quiet here , had my cardio clinic at the hospital and I really enjoy it,It is like I get a personal trainer for 12 weeks, she has me motoring on the treadmill and bike and Wednesday will throw some weight training in. It is funny I am a very young 55 and I am in a class with mostly frail old men that have had heart issues and a few are kind of flirty...so cute.
    Trying to do a no spend for the rest of the month, basic groceries only just so I can finish getting my pantry and freezer cleaned up.If anyone on here ever wants to do a no spend challenge sometime I would be interested.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Brats are in a sleepy mood. They quickly gobbled up their breakfast, then went back to bed. Still waiting for the sun to make an appearance (apparently it's been spotted in Scarborough). Debating whether to go out and run an errand or join the brats. Decisions, decisions.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, and I was thinking I'd be posting so late! Just me and Andi around - however, that means the rest of you are out and about and probably crazy busy!

I was hit yesterday with a tummybug - which my husband had Sunday.
    I sure didn't need that after just having recovered from the flu.
    Hoping it doesn't rear its head again today....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yesterday hubby's brother and his wife popped in for a coffee-its so nice and refreshing listening to family members talk about their grown kids/spouses and all of their problems -then you know you are not alone -hate people that think their kids are so perfect -cause we all are not perfect
    -shoveled a tiny bit -veranda and front walk
    At least that snow yesterday was light and easy to move! Unlike the wetter stuff on the weekend...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information