User Tag List

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@jasperandchar and @sweet sparrow Thank you for your kind words and prayers regarding my FIL. Thursday is his 65th birthday so we are hoping that he remains stable and is able to stay out of the hospital so we can have a quiet celebration and visit with him this wknd.

I will be MIA for the long wknd as we are going to be visiting FIL and MIL on Saturday and we also going to DH's cousin's daughter's baptism on the Sunday. Since we have lots to celebrate (FIL 65th birthday, DH's 40th birthday on the 28th, Valentine's Day, Cousin's baptism and it's Family Day Wknd lol), we thought it would be nice to have a mini vacation and stay at a hotel for a few nights. The girls are especially excited about the pool lol.
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi all,

Visited with my former student who passed father today with some other teachers at a local hub in the community. Probably the most important thing (other than being with my own family) I do all week. He is doing well and finds company helps. He had a picture taken of the tree beside his daughter's grave all covered in ice with the bright pink bows in it. It is beautiful. Those who wish to have one in a frame to remember her by may have one. I will be getting one and will post a picture of it when I receive. It is quite a breath taking photo and then add the meaning behind it... I think as a staff we are going to continue meeting with dad, he is affluent in our little community and wants the connection. I look forward to our next get together.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

bobbiegirl enjoy your weekend celebrating and I will agree all kids look forward to the swimming pool at hotels, it's a nice great and a mini vacation, time well spent together - enjoy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Roast is in sink defrosting for crock pot in morning. Peameal bacon defrosting for breakfast with eggs and leftovers for Thursday night dinner. Wash machine and dishwasher on. I'm on couch watching cheesy movie " flirting with Forty" early morning for hockey so I'm allowed to veg lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-meeting a friend( I used to work with ) at swiss chalet for lunch on Wednesday-she never had children and lives alone in her early 70's-I think I will treat her to lunch plus have a small gift for her she was looking for a loth bag fo your purse-well found one at "bath and body works" before xmas plus have brandy beans or her -she said I should have gotten her a gift -but hey I worked with her for 13 years and she always felt like a mom to me -had to cancel today with her as son needed me -she was so kind and didn't mind

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I can't spend anymore on food this month (lol) but i will need milk other than than I embark on your challenge, I'll just throw away the flyers and I'll be none the wiser....
    My plan is to just buy milk and fruit and veggies for the rest of the month will post my spending at the end of each week!!
    Wow a two week recovery for gallbladder surgery? I thought they did it laporascopic now and the recovery was a shorter length.I can't remember how long my husband was down for it was quite afew years ago. Good luck, I hope you mom is holding in there too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Picked up our new car today( I guess it must be our anniversary gift to each other cachingcaching) as our anniversary is tomorrow. We have had a busy few days with company, car stuff etc so time to chill a bit as we approach the long weekend!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Congratulations on the new car Lizzie, that is always so exciting.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice a new car lizzie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hockey done. Breakfast made. Lunches packed. Roast in slow cooker ready to push button on. Dishwasher emptied. Now will wash up dishes in sink and hang laundry to dry. Then just fluff dry and put away tonight. Quick shower and off to school and work!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to bust my butt off this morning at work Have a fantastic day everyone. We are expecting snow mid-afternoon

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well son asked me to do him a favour and watch "ashlyn" at my house for an hour -he had an apt-well got her at `10.00 and he got here at 1.30-well my house is not baby proof-no gate on the upstairs-uggghh -no playpen its at her mom's(baby's other grandma) -so it was hard when she was tired and cranky for sleep-I would have rather gone to his house

then popped over to shoppers got a scop on softsoap =3.38 in my pocket and 3 free boxes of musilex cereal on a clearance for 3.00 manager sticker on them and they rang up 2.97-so that made my day
    @coupon girl : Our home is not baby proof as well and we decided not to get baby gates despite having three sets of stairs. LO was a very late walker (not stable and running until 15-16 months) and our friends kept commenting "You have no baby gates? We didn't get them either." So far, she reaches for our hands when she wants to go down the stairs and climbs up two steps before I can get to her. I hear gates are supposed to come down after they reach 24 months (think I read it on the box) so we only have a few more months to go. DH and I grew up in four children households and we survived without baby gates somehow, so I'm going to hold off. Plus, all our stairs are split, so the most she could fall are about five steps (horrible still, but not as bad as a full flight!).

Amazing deals at SDM! If you have checkout51, you could get some Pampers wipes. They're currently $2.99 and you can get a $2 CO51 rebate, plus there's a printable for 2000 SDM points, so it's money back.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    @jasperandchar and @sweet sparrow Thank you for your kind words and prayers regarding my FIL. Thursday is his 65th birthday so we are hoping that he remains stable and is able to stay out of the hospital so we can have a quiet celebration and visit with him this wknd.

I will be MIA for the long wknd as we are going to be visiting FIL and MIL on Saturday and we also going to DH's cousin's daughter's baptism on the Sunday. Since we have lots to celebrate (FIL 65th birthday, DH's 40th birthday on the 28th, Valentine's Day, Cousin's baptism and it's Family Day Wknd lol), we thought it would be nice to have a mini vacation and stay at a hotel for a few nights. The girls are especially excited about the pool lol.
    @bobbiegirl2010 , enjoy the weekend with your family and I hope your FIL's condition is stable.

Have a great mini vacation, and yes, your girls will love the pool!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Picked up our new car today( I guess it must be our anniversary gift to each other cachingcaching) as our anniversary is tomorrow.
    Happy anniversary and congratulations on the new car!

To those looking at credit cards, how does the WM card measure up to the PC card? The last time I checked, they offered 1.25% back to spend at WM, whereas PC offers 1%, unless you have enough income to qualify for the PC black card.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

SS- I guess it depends where you prefer to shop too. Personally I rarely go to WM these days. And at RCSS I can redeem my PC M/C points for Gift cards as well so for me that is awesome. (clothes! Dinner! Cineplex etc)
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

FBM, you do more in the morning before work, then i do all week.

its hump day and feels like it. i really need to get to store and pick up a few things..
    OI.. but i don't wanna.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

We slept in, so no time to play. Have too many things to get done and no energy. Maybe a good rousing game of hide and seek will get me going...assuming I can wake the sleepyheads.

Off to make breakfast for myself (that should wake the brats).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information