User Tag List

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

There is nothing more rewarding than catching a mouse, they are so dirty (pee and poop all over), eat/ruin packages of dry goods and dangerous for wiring etc like others have said. I must admit it's not pleasant emptying the trap but I find setting the trap and setting it down more nerve wracking (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

S. tell your son that there is lots more pavement so to speak to pound and not get discouraged, there is something out there for him (both of them).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

m so happy to be home, I stayed in my pjs allday (lol) not something I do often but felt lazy and relaxed.

Made a double batch of chili (usual recipe) and dh says it doesn't tastes the same....boo....the only thing I did different was the type of tomato soup I used. Oh well lesson learned campbells soup only.

Kids are fed beef burgers for them and chili for us for lunches .

I have a running list of things I would like to put $ towards next month if possible (cottage taxes for our cottage and the boys lot, purchase the spray foam for Logan's room and propane).

I got my rental bill from superior propane for the year, I should be out of propane very shortly as it's only used for hot water, called to tell them that I wanted to pay for the tank rentals on a monthly basis and well that's not allowed . I told the lady that I was so fed up with their price gouging (I know some have it worse off @saundyl ) but anyways I guess my complaining paid off they offered me .74 litre which really surprised me as I only fill up once a year so I get dinged the highest rate. So dh and I are really considering having them fill up the tanks instead of our alternate plan of hauling 100lbs tanks to Costco to get filled.

Does anyone know the current price for propane at Costco?

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I would call Costco and ask because the price is probably different depending on location.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well. second place he goes too says he's a week late. man this kids luck!! gotta keep on trucking and trying.
    Don't give up. My youngest applied to so many places last summer he lost count. He was 16 at the time. We ended up picking blueberries together and, two weeks into blueberry picking, he gets this phone call from a farm if he could come in for an interview. It was his first interview ever and he got the job milking cows. Last thing we ever thought he would end up doing but he loves it. But does that boy ever come home filthy
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

For the knitters out there, I came across an interesting calendar specifically for those who admire, ahem, creations. Yes, it's the knitted products I was looking at.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mallorymcinn...arn#.xwDjYWgKK

Too cool! And the knitting projects are good too!
    saundyl, Andit, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    all went well with the social worker.
    yay!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts @jasperandchar. We have been going through the same thing with my FIL. He had a quadruple bypass surgery at the end of October. 2 weeks before Christmas he was back in the hospital as all 4 new arteries were blocked again They did a second procedure this time an angioplasty and inserted a stent into the main new artery. He was out of the hospital and home for Christmas before going back to the hospital early Boxing Day morning because of severe angina. They kept him for observation and more tests, adjusted his meds and sent him home. Then last week he went back to the hospital again because of severe angina. He stayed at the hospital all last week but he's home for now but may have to go back if they decide to do a second angioplasty and stent. This Thursday is his 65th birthday so we are planning on going to visit them on the long wknd (they live 1.5 hours away).
    What a challenge for him and your family! I hope all goes well!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Someone is coming to pick up my old washer today! Yeah! out of my garage! Picked up free Oasis and 2 free loaves of wonder bread at lunch. And filled up my gas tank. So paid my credit card off now (I use it for Everything for the points). I think I'm done shopping for the week and payday is Friday which means a new budget period. Happy to report that I'm carrying over$206.80 for Gas! $146.36 for Groceries and $83.39 for Misc. And have a credit of $18.95 on my on M/C and about $60 credit on the other Hope to do even better the next 2 weeks
    Good for you FBM! You are an inspiration, for sure!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Someone is coming to pick up my old washer today! Yeah! out of my garage! Picked up free Oasis and 2 free loaves of wonder bread at lunch. And filled up my gas tank. So paid my credit card off now (I use it for Everything for the points). I think I'm done shopping for the week and payday is Friday which means a new budget period. Happy to report that I'm carrying over$206.80 for Gas! $146.36 for Groceries and $83.39 for Misc. And have a credit of $18.95 on my on M/C and about $60 credit on the other Hope to do even better the next 2 weeks
    Good for you FBM! You are an inspiration, for sure!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all - wishing everyone a wonderful day & frugal weekend.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Taking name suggestions for March's thread.....post away....don't be shy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! TGIF! and it is a cold one here. Brrr. Want my teen to take the bus but I have been driving him since its so cold. I'm a sucker. Just called to make appt. today to get my eyebrows waxed. Long over due lol. Will be happy once its done My $8.50 splurge. Tonight is date night and I'm pretty sure he's making Chicken tetrizini. One of our favs and we haven't had it for awhile. We were going to make it last Sat for friends but they were fighting lol so didn't come so we had a meat pie in the fridge that we had instead.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@lizzie bargain : I was listening to the radio and heard an ad that mentioned that your new car was the most awarded in Canada. Yay!
    @MrsSunshine : I also viewed all the interviews as practice. Practice communicating, answering different questions, meeting people, estimating traffic and timing... If each are viewed as a learning experience, I found it easier to keep looking forward to the next one.

Question for everyone: Does anyone know why it's always the blue original Dawn that's recommended for cleaning, and not the green, orange, purple, or other colours?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LOL @ Frugalbigmama.. I remember a few years back i went to a little place near us to get my eyes done. A few little oriental girls running it.
    the one lady took me back to do my brows. im laying on the table. she's plucking in the middle to 'clean me up' before she waxed.
    ready for the comment...

'you have brows like man'...

i freakin nearly fell off the table WHAT??? did she really just say that. needless to say i never went back.

well its Friday.
    a few things left to do before the weekend. chop peppers/celery/carrots/potatoes to make 3 different dinners.
    stew, spaghetti and turkey.

cold day here, more snow on the way.. i just want to hibernate til spring.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information