User Tag List

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    LOL @ Frugalbigmama.. I remember a few years back i went to a little place near us to get my eyes done. A few little oriental girls running it.
    the one lady took me back to do my brows. im laying on the table. she's plucking in the middle to 'clean me up' before she waxed.
    ready for the comment...

'you have brows like man'...

i freakin nearly fell off the table WHAT??? did she really just say that. needless to say i never went back.
    What??!! Well, not that it makes it any better, but Asian males are not all that hairy. It's not that they don't want to participate in Movember, the vast majority physically can't. I don't think she meant to be rude, but certain Asian cultures are very blunt. I have a HK in-law that has always told me that I was fat. She's very kind to me otherwise, but she just says it like "the sky is blue". I don't really take much offense because her waist might be a size 20 or 22 after having two children. I don't think I was her size since I was eight! Love her otherwise!

I like her much better than DH's side (Canadian) who tell me I'm not fat but give me dirty looks while they eat salad and try to lose weight. His side wishes that I would get obese while my uber-thin in law has no fear of me borrowing her clothes. I don't understand why women do it to each other, but there are a lot of cultural differences in my circumstance as well.

There are times I dread family gatherings as I wish they would all talk about me after I left. Speaking of which, I'm praying that I get through this family day weekend. I know families can be a lot worse than this so I don't mean to complain. There are just certain people that seem to go out of their way to make me uncomfortable, but I think it's just the way they are.

But MrsSunshine, I do remember an Asian lady at the Clinique counter telling me that I should cut my eyelashes as they were too long. The lady at the Mac counter told me to get an eyelash curler to extend the look of them. Cultural differences? I just stopped wearing eye makeup.

I haven't seen you, but I'm *positive* that you do not have brows like man....
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Still recovering from last night - too much food & even more fun. I'm debating whether I'm going to share the doggy bag I brought home last night (I was stuffed after eating half my appetizer and barely half my dinner - dessert I didn't even look at, just got it packed to go). Lily dog is still in my good books, Quincy cat is in the doghouse. Silly cat first decided we needed to play scavenger hunt - I spent 20 minutes trying to find my comb, only to give up and use a brush. When I went to put my boot on, there the comb was, sticking out, ready to stab my toes. Stupid me didn't think to check the boot for anything else. Apparently, my boots are the perfect hiding place to stash kibble for a midnight snack (I don't recommend limping on cobblestones).

When I got home, I made sure he was enjoying quiet time in "jail" before I burst into laughter at my industrious boy.

I woke up this morning to find my boots and shoes all over the hallway. It would appear someone was looking for his hidden treasure. Anyone want a slightly used egomaniac, er, kleptomaniac?

Off to play tag with Lily dog, then snuggle with the evil one. Why is it the naughtiest brats have the most innocent faces???

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

the one lady took me back to do my brows. im laying on the table. she's plucking in the middle to 'clean me up' before she waxed.
    ready for the comment...

'you have brows like man'...
    In my neighbourhood that would be a compliment (lots of metrosexuals in downtown Toronto ). And I'm sure your eye brows are just fine.

Several years ago, my best friend came over for a visit and stayed over. She got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but had somehow pulled the door closed and locked it. She woke me in a panic, cause she really really had to go. I got out the screwdriver & managed to wiggle the lock open (thought I'd have to remove the doorknob). The next morning, she said to me, "I can't believe you did that. You know, you really don't need a man, you are a man."

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs sunshine on that note I had a facial years ago (my son gave me it as a gift) and the woman from Holland said to me "wow your skin really needs a facial for sure as she was doing the facial -do you eat donuts I can tell -or something to that effect about donuts " I was taken back -but maybe she just didnt realize how it came across

-off to get my hair cut at 1.00 then around the corner to my son's to watch "ashlyn" so he can get his cut (we have the same hairdresser -an old neighbour we have known for years)
    -then home and back to watch "ashlyn" tonight at 5.30 so son/wife can go out for valentines-will pick up a little cesar's pizza on the way there
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

lol @ Eyebrow waxing. My brows are very light coloured and am told you can't even tell when they are getting wild lol. But I notice so that's why I like to do it

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

funny thing is ladies, in the many years since, my eyebrows have all bit disappeared. i now have to color them in a little to see them.
    how ironic.

im trying so hard to stay awake, so much to do. after maybe 2 hours sleep last night, im in such a fog.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

25 mins left of work and I totally just finished something big. So happy! Can actually enjoy this long weekend

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Got my car back last night - the power steering died in it last week. 830 dollars later i have wheels that turn again thanks to a new pump, pulley and belt....and fluid i think as well. I also had it serviced while it was being diagnosed last week which cost me 170. Hopefully i don't have to visit the shop again for a while!
    Yikes! That's a nasty surprise. But you sure do need steering - especially in this weather!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

good for you FBM you deserve it.

yikes saundyl.. we had the the same problem last fall. the damn thing is making the noise again..

well checked the flyers the only thing i see is ground beef. going to make spaghettie this weekend. haven't had it in so long.
    think i'll also make some cupcakes tonite. dh takes them to work for a co worker. nice gentlemen. he loves his treats.
    Very nice of you to make treats for your dh's co worker!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

I like making the twist and twirl scarves. found a comment on Amazon the other day that some one takes the wool and spread it out while winding it around an empty tp roll to make it knit faster. Ive decided to try it!
    Cool idea!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

On the mouse front I am freaking out for you..my biggest phobia and I am normally a tough cookie, they just give me the hebbie jeebies..[/QUOTE]

You and my dh, thriftygrannie! If there is even a HINT of a mousie - he's history! I can deal with mice but snakes - NO WAY!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We had snakes in the summer. Not in the house, just the garden. I am okay with snakes...they are a natural mouse trap. We also have seen, coyotes, raccoons, cats, in addition to the mice and snakes, oh and, a huge swarm of bees that decided to pollenate a tree and leave, turkey vultures, red-tailed hawks. No skunks and hoping not to see them!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Yikes! That's a nasty surprise. But you sure do need steering - especially in this weather!
    It turns soon much nicer now
    Very nice of you to make treats for your dh's co worker!
    Cool idea!
    I thought so....now to knit after its all rolled up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    We had snakes in the summer. Not in the house, just the garden. I am okay with snakes...they are a natural mouse trap. We also have seen, coyotes, raccoons, cats, in addition to the mice and snakes, oh and, a huge swarm of bees that decided to pollenate a tree and leave, turkey vultures, red-tailed hawks. No skunks and hoping not to see them!!!
    I'm okay with all of the above except the mice..and rats, I am usually a sport about wild life but those things just creep me out. Fun Fact, Alberta is rat free we even have a Alberta Rat Patrol, I haven't seen a rat since I lived in Ontario as a child! Unfortunately a few have slipped by our rat patrol and we now have some problems in Medicine Hat..

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

been a very cold day. forecast is calling for more..
    lots planned for tomorrow. ds has an 'official' interview tomorrow morning.
    after that depending on weather, will be full of some fun.
    almost finished my sons bed blanket. praying it works out.

well keep warm everyone. enjoy your weekends.
    Happy valentines day to all.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information