User Tag List

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yippeee! DS and I cleaned out basement bedroom and he put bed frame together! I have washed
    bedding and made bed! Now to finish spare room upstairs so I can move big desk in there. Will set up for youngest for homework and sell small one

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper is over and the dishes will get done shortly

I took out chicken drumsticks for tomorrow's supper, dh will make dinner again

warning below not for wimps like me

Dh removed 1 of my 3 bandages, going to let him remove another tonight before bed but I so don't want him to remove the big one as I'm a big wimp (sigh) maybe will save that for tomorrow
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nancy, I would take my time recovering if I were you-one could get used to DH making dinner every night.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Nancy, I would take my time recovering if I were you-one could get used to DH making dinner every night.
    I hear ya lizzie and I'm totally on board, I will be milking this baby as long as I can .

he's on laundry duty too.....I'm living the dream

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Maybe you have done this...

Settings
    Edit Signature
    Click on the insert link icon and put your link in there. The icon is the world with the infinity symbol.
    Thanks for trying, but I have tried that a few times (before and again now), but it didn't work. I also tried a different ticker and that didn't help either.

edit: I think I may have found the problem. It looks like SC changed it so that you cannot use HTML code anymore. I found this down further on the edit signature page. I'm disappointed. I really liked the signature stuff I used when pregnant with LO.
    Allow HTML No
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 22nd, 2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy, sounds like you are recovering nicely, I second milking it for as long as you can!
    glad to see your mom is out of the hospital, I was wondering how she was doing. If you can't make the birthday don't feel guilty, having her over is special too.

Granger, great shopping and organization, your girls will love the treats.

Get well to all of the sick and injured on here, hope everyone starts perking up soon.

I pick up a few groceries today but only the basics, still trying to get my freezers and pantry emptied, cleaned out my fridge this afternoon and it feels good to have that job done for the week.Dusted and vacuumed the basement and second floor yesterday and did the main floor today.I kind of have meals planning done for the week.
    Today is fresh caught perch, (boys went ice fishing yesterday) brown jasmine rice, roasted broccoli,and kale
    Monday-Chicken Caesar salad over quiona
    Tuesday- venison quesadillas with roasted sweet potato
    Wednesday-mini chicken meatloaves (made in muffin tins) with spinach/backberry salad and am going to try cauliflower fried rice .looks interesting! https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...ra8BTAEobx4JhQ
    Thursday- pork loin with sauteed apples and sweet potatoes
    That is it for now will have to do some planning for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Changed tonight's dinner because it was just youngest and I. So I pulled the pork/beef burger patties from the freezer that I made the other day. Had small bag of fries in freezer and cut up hash browns from breakfast. Sliced up cucumber for veggie. Picked up buns yesterday on reduced some for $1.40 and loaf of wonder bread for same price. And used save $ 4 web oasis so made money Kitchen is all clean. Had a $23 pick up for my sister. Other lady coming tonight . Have done so much laundry this weekend but loving my new to me wash machine. Have DS's hockey stuff in there now. Will dry out on drying rack on top of heating vent. Kitchen is clean. Going to watch tv with youngest for a bit and give him moose tracks ice cream with fresh strawberries for a treat.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Forgot to say the burgers were awesome!!!!! Asked DS and he said it was good! So will continue to mix the pork and beef going forward!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Logan asked for pizza Monday, but the dining out budget it empty so we all discussed this at dinner and agreed that DH could make the dough in the bread machine Monday as he is working at home. I was impressed because both boys understood the end of the budget meant no more dining out until March and know full well that we could afford take out if we wanted. it's nice to see them getting the concept of budgeting. We give the older son 10.00 a week for lunches. He needs to plan how he will use it as it does not go far and it has been a good lesson for him. So kind of mini budgeting.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well it was a nice afternoon, a few ppl who said they were coming didn't. not impressed.
    enjoyed it anyway. even hubby and son sat in on the chit chat.
    they were here about 2.5/3 hours. found out some good stuff.
    it really is not just about what you know.

im going to make some turkey soup this week. head over to michaels as well, dh wants to replace his plastic round loom set.
    plus talize has a 50% off day tomorrow. ironic as my son has to be at work for 630. by the time we get back it'll be open. yes!
    maybe i'll find some more yarn LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Logan asked for pizza Monday, but the dining out budget it empty so we all discussed this at dinner and agreed that DH could make the dough in the bread machine Monday as he is working at home. I was impressed because both boys understood the end of the budget meant no more dining out until March and know full well that we could afford take out if we wanted. it's nice to see them getting the concept of budgeting. We give the older son 10.00 a week for lunches. He needs to plan how he will use it as it does not go far and it has been a good lesson for him. So kind of mini budgeting.
    lilo great that everyone is on board with the budgeting and I'm sure the pizza you will make as a family will be better than any takeout or store bought pizza and I think it gives us more of an appreciation for what we do have and what we can make vs. dialing the phone and getting the pizza delivered or picked up (just my 2 cents) but I think it's a great lesson to be learned by all

It's important for kids to be money wise, budget for treats/lunches and feel independent and be conscious of what things costs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    well it was a nice afternoon, a few ppl who said they were coming didn't. not impressed.
    enjoyed it anyway. even hubby and son sat in on the chit chat.
    they were here about 2.5/3 hours. found out some good stuff.
    it really is not just about what you know.

im going to make some turkey soup this week. head over to michaels as well, dh wants to replace his plastic round loom set.
    plus talize has a 50% off day tomorrow. ironic as my son has to be at work for 630. by the time we get back it'll be open. yes!
    maybe i'll find some more yarn LOL.
    glad you had a great afternoon, did you post your get together on fb or online, will you be rotating houses, etc. or too soon to tell.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I had a great afternoon with dh and our outing to the re-use it centre it was so nice to get out

I couldn't believe my eyes I have been wanting one of these forever but didn't really want to purchase one as I am unsure of how often I would use it but hey free is great....drum roll.....a food dehydrator a wrapped up in plastic and labelled....so it's easy to say it was well cared for and maybe not even used

I got a nice house coat for Jaden is white and blue plaid and it fits him nicely and still has room to grow...

DH got an antique brass light that you hang over a painting it works but we'll need to purchase a new light bulb which is fine as it's a really nice piece

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm still taking name suggestions for the March thread, we have many great choices but if you still have some that you want to put forward post away. Voting will start on Wednesday am and be open for 2 days.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Nancy what awesome finds. esp for you.
    yes i posted on our local group. we take turns. that way all ends of the city are covered.

i think the day is starting to hit me, so tired. fighting sleep, hopefully its an early night for all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information